I had organized this trip for family and friends and everyone had a great time!
Pros: Without a doubt the employees of this resort are by and far the best asset. No one can do enough for you whether you are a heavy tipper or not. Special shout out to Hector on the beach, who was absolutely wonderful, fun and the hardest worker I have ever seen. Carlos, in the preferred area. Always cheerful, smiling and remembers everyone. Victor and Jonathan in the pool bar. You deserve a medal for putting up with us for an entire week. Many, many thanks for taking such good care of us and our Bubba kegs!
The rooms are very nice, clean and well appointed. A few of us were celebrating our birthday's and on arrival they had placed a birthday cupcake with a candle in the room. Very nice detail. There was service 2x a day.
The specialty restaurants were great! No need to get up at 8am to make reservations. Just show up. If one was too crowded and the wait was long, we just moved on another. The food was very good. Our favorite was the French and Japanese restaurants but all were really good.
Beaches were lovely. The seaweed was not a problem most of the time. No problem getting chairs.
The entertainment staff was exceptional. Julie and Gasolina were exceptional. Full of energy, kindness and tons of fun.
The shows at night were for all ages and were well organized.
30 of us went on a snorkeling trip organized at the beach with Raoule. We had the best time ever! Thanks to all on the boat and Lovins for the great pics.
We used Preito tours for the transportation and they were just fabulous! Thanks Fireinie!
Plenty of activities throughout the day. I wish I had taken advantage of more of them.
The resort is not too big. Just right and very well maintained.
I was amazed at how many weddings they hosted and yet it never impacted anyone else on the resort. Amazing!
Cons: I agree with the other reviewer to stay away from the Amstar horseback riding trip. Nightmare and not as advertised. The resort did say that they were not affiliated with them but if they book trips on the resort property, I would say that they are a reflection on the resort.
One of my family members had to change rooms twice due to the wrong bed configuration the first time and then multiple issues in the second room. They were offered a new room but were still planning to post the old room to another guest. Not sure why they would do that.
Another person in our group that was in the preferred section had a leak in the ceiling with water pouring down the wall. They addressed it right away but due to a rainy day, it took the whole day to put a temporary fix to the problem.
Note that if you are on the 3rd floor, the air conditioning does not cool off the room as much as the lower floors. If you like your room cold, choose a lower floor.
We would definitely come back to this resort again! We all had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-cart dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel and Priceline so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro