“Nightmare! 2 apple deal at most!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Saving!
Ranked #24 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Nightmare! 2 apple deal at most!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Let me start off by telling you we have stayed at 5 dreams resorts previously and 2 secrets resorts and loved all of them up until this point we highly recommended dreams and secrets resorts. Never Again this trip left a bad taste in my mouth. I am a hair dresser and talk to many people every day.
First arriving to the Dreams we were checked into the wrong room. We had requested a king size bed when we had booked the trip. Still happy to be on vacation we were ready to get to change into our suits and hit the pool. When we got to our room, mind you we didn't have a bell man help us with our bags unless you want to wait and hour and a half in the lobby, so we moved them ourselves. When we arrived to our room we were immediately disappointed! There were 2 full size beds. The room was absolutely disgusting. Didn't want to touch anything without hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes Picture motel six in a bad neighborhood! We called the front desk to have our room moved and they said we would be able to move the following day. Ok were not going to let this ruin our trip so fine we can deal with this for one night. We will just have to drink heavy that night. We call the next day and it’s absolutely impossible to reach anyone at the front desk they are playing games with us. We walk down to the front desk the next day and they tell us once again the place is full and we would not be able to switch for another day. This really puts a damper on your vacation when you can’t unpack your luggage and relax two days into your vacation. Day 3 we go down to the front desk and they say yes you can move today. Ok great, they told us to pack up our stuff and the bell man will be up to gather our luggage in a few minutes. Waited one hour nobody showed up. Finally the front desk guy Julio showed up himself to move us another hour and a half later. But not before threatening them that we were moving to the pool with our entire luggage. And at this point we were furious! Finally they came because they didn’t want us ranting and raving at the pool with our entire luggage.
We moved to our second room, now with a king size bed. The room is ok, Still defiantly not a six golden apple room. The room was freshly cleaned so ok we didn't want to waste anymore time dealing with rooms. We really don’t spend much time in the room anyways. You just don’t want to feel uncomfortable that you were going to get a disease from something. But on day 2 we noticed ants coming out of the bathroom sink which we blocked the hole ourselves and sprayed with bug spray!
Day 4 while at lunch at the pool bbq the guys burned my stomach with hot grease and now have a scar tor remember my horrible trip by. Sometime that evening at the turndown service the maid stole our cup. A $20 tervis tumbler cup which we never got back. I didn’t think we need to lock cups in the safe. Called Julio again at the front desk he told us to check the lost and found. Really?? So if one of your TVs were missing from your room you think you would find it in the lost and found? I don’t think so.
The room fan was so filled with dust I would cough for and hour every morning from sleeping. Also when the maid cleans your room she cracks the sliding door. Not only does this unlock your room but it also shuts the air conditioner off. Which with 100% humidity you room now becomes miserable! Ladies don’t even think you can blow dry your hair in this condition. So you have to be on constant air conditioner patrol to make sure they are not shutting this off in the room all day long. Also I realized the hotel shuts down the all the power in the hotel sometime after 2am I found this out one evening lying awake in bed. Then you have to get back up to turn the ac back on. We were wondering why we were waking up in a puddle every morning. This is why so beware!
The beach was nice! The seaweed everyone is talking about is nothing. Its a little ocean grass and if you walk down the beach 2 hotels down to the left you will find absolutely beautiful beaches with Chrystal clear water. The swim up bar was fun always having a good time. The outside swim up bar was always a line so plan to wait at least 5 minutes for a drink.
Also bottled water is impossible to get! You get 2 bottles every day in your fridge other that that you have to hunt for more water in bottles. I don’t know about you but at this point I don’t trust anyone giving me water in a cup especially after the time we have had thus far.
The restaurants were ok nothing special. The hibachi was our favorite! They did make a fun meal and entertained us.
Oh one last thing I don’t know how I almost forgot this. 3 days out of 7 our toilet overflowed out of the top of the tank. My boyfriend just repaired it himself because we knew they would never send anyone to fix it. Nothing like going to the washroom and stepping in toilet water. So no I would never recommend anyone stay here. In fact while I was there I wrote 2 emails to different friends to stay somewhere else! I could not imagine spending my 10 night honeymoon at this motel! And told another couple planning to come here for a wedding to look elsewhere! NO WAY IS THIS A 6 GOLDEN APPLE RESORT, I WOULD BE GENEROUS RATING THIS A 2

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

5,186 people have reviewed this hotel

1931
2078
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,180)
  • Polish first
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just to let you know how much we enjoyed our recent stay at the resort. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Restaurants were excellent Beach and pool areas were well manicured Staff what can I say, friendly courteous and helpful. A special thanks to staff member known as James Bond. A real gentleman to deal with. Thank you James you were the best. We would love to go back to this resort. Nick and Shirley, Canada.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We just got back from Dreams palm beach.The hotel is pretty nice, pools are cool, rooms are a little run down.We were dissappointed in the beach, its dirty, lots of seaweed and in the water too.When we first checked in they were pushy to go the next morning to breakfast at a different resort.We didnt know what that was all about. We havent travelled alot, and the man was hard too understand.We were tired and just wanted to go to our room. We figured it out later on it was about a time share. Also one night at dinner we ordered a bottle of wine not knowing we would be later charged for this. When we checked out they charged us 130.00 for that wine we had, and couldent check out unless we paid. The waitor did not explain or even tell us this wine is extra.I got really sick and had to stay in my room one whole day. Puked my guts out.I think it was the water there, maybe from the shower. You have to be really careful to not get any in your mouth.We wouldent ever go back to this resort, we were dissappointed because we paid alot for this trip.

Room Tip: Maybe closer to the beach would be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guests,

Receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to thank you for sending along your feedback, which is of extreme value to us as it provides us useful information of the areas that need improvement and at the same time allows us to be on the right track towards achieving excellent service.

We apologize the beach wasn't to your liking. Please know that seaweed is part of the ocean’s nature and the growth of it is something we cannot control. However, our staff manages to maintain our beach seaweed free for all our guests’ enjoyment.
We are sorry for the discomfort experienced with the VIP Services and misunderstanding at the restaurants, rest assured this will be reviewed with the Management and our F&B Manager.

Again we apologized for the disappointed experienced, please know that it was never our intention, as our main objective is to make all our guests have a wonderful vacation and surpass all expectations. We hope to be able to welcome you home in the future and be able to regain your trust in our brand.

Best regards,

Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1606
operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I spend one week at the Dreams and found the staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. We want to mention Vanie in particularly who went beyond the call of duty to assist us. The resort spotlessly clean - sparking pools, rooms and restaurants. There were always lounge chairs available at the beach though you did have to be an early bird to get poolside chairs. Food was very good and presentation was made with great care. I liked also that there was a dress code - not over the top but it is fun to dress up a little in the evening. We would go again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: we were in bldg nine which was the furthest from the beach but closest to the restaurants. We had a...
Co. Kerry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana on our honeymoon Jan. 28th- Feb. 6th and really I could hardly fault a thing. We were in the Preferred Club Deluxe ocean view room and we had a fantastic view from our balcony of the pool and beach. The rooms were lovely, a great size with a constantly stocked fridge, safe, robes, slippers, hairdryer, iron & ironing board. The room was cleaned and we were provided with fresh towels every day.

In the preferred club you get your own pool area and section of beach(beds much more comfortable as well as huge 4 poster style beds) but alternatively you can also go to any other part of the pool area which was huge and you'd always get a bed. It also has a swim up bar. The internet in the P.C. was free and there was always nibbles on the go as well.

Check in and out was efficient. We were handed two glasses of champagne on arrival which was lovely. The resort is only about 30 minutes from the airport. On arrival you have to fill out two forms ands its a pity travel agents don't tell people about this. One you can get on the plane but the other you have to fill out when you arrive and it was very chaotic with one line for just french nationals and a few other disorganised lines for everybody else. The last thing you need really after a long flight. The form you get on the plane is also one you have to fill in on departure so its handly to pick up a few extra ones so you can have them ready when you get to the airport when you're leaving. We had read in reviews that you pay $10 and $20 each between the forms but we only had to pay $10 on arrival and nothing leaving.

Foodwise there was a huge buffet dining room(World Cafe) and I'd be amazed if people didn't find something they liked here as there was a fantastic choice. Like all buffet style restaurants the food was never very hot but it was perfectly fine. There was also a Chinese, Mexican, French, Italian and Seaside grill restaurant (just for P.C.)so you had plenty of choice. The french one Portofino was my favourite. There was also a coffee shop with every kind of coffee imaginable as well as teas, hot chocolates and a big array of pastries, muffins, doughnuts etc! also around the pool area there were BBQs so you would never be hungry.

There is a beautiful spa there where I had a massage and my therapist was excellent. You can get vouchers when you arrive and get $40 off a massage, $20 off a facial etc. You can also get a massage in the beach huts if you'd prefer.

The staff here were all just lovely, so friendly and happy all the time. You certainly don't feel obligated to tip them but we always did no matter where we were whether it was in the restaurant/the bar/tipping the maids etc as they work very hard. It never ceased to amaze me at the pool and beach when the waiters would be constantly bringing drinks to people, that sometimes they wouldn't even get a word of thanks never mind an acknowledgment. If someone can't be bothered to get up for a drink and someone brings it to them, a thank you wouldn't go amiss and at the end of the day its only a couple of dollars. I'd be very uncomfortable being waited on but I was lucky enough to have my husband do that!!

The beach is lovely but alot of seaweed spoils it somewhat but if you walk further up its much nicer. There are all the usual beach activities/day trips to go on so you need never be bored.
The entertainment team were brilliant, always on the go with plenty activities for people to take part in so your holiday could be as quiet or as lively as you liked. There was no pressure.

There was a casino and night club there as well as shows on every night and also you could watch a film on a screen on the beach although we didn't get to see any as they started at 7.30.

On our last day we were given a courtesy room to shower and change as our flight wasn't until that night so it was a very welcome service. It was in block 9 and quite open plan so if you wanted to go to the toilet you had no privacy whatsoever! Married or not, there are some things you need to close a door to and going to the toilet is one of them! So I was glad we weren't in that kind of room!

Overall a brilliant holiday and I would recommend Dreams Palm Beach to anyone whether its a couple, friends or a family.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in block 9!
Killorglin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

this place is a piece of magic,we arrived with a welcome of champagne and a wet towel and a warm smile,we were then taken to the preferred section and led to our room which was 314,it overlooked the pool and a straight view of the beach and the beautiful ocean,the room itself was very nice,the beds were so comfy...you also get a lot of toiletries,toothpaste(crest)razors,foam,gels shampoo's and more....the beach was lovely always getting cleaned much better than next door(natura)but if you want WOW turquoise colour, then go left and walk about 10 mins it is amazing....food...the food everywhere was very good except the humistu(although we were there only once)the portifino was the best,then the seagrill,we ate alot at the world cafe so much food to choose from and not your usual buffet quality....pools...they have 3 pools(1 preferred)and each and every 1 is great..swim up is lively,large pool has music playing and a bit more relaxed and the preferred is quiet and more attentive...nightlife....well this is a relaxing resort so it's more of your kick back and enjoy each other's company,there's the lobby bar more for chit chat with fellow guest's or friends,there's a mobile bar(at 1 of the wedding gazebo) where there is a singer and you can have a dance,we tried the desires club bar but felt a bit cold and dingy,the preferred lounge seem,s to be if you really want to be just alone as not people seemed to go there,there is also a showtime theatre,we went to watch jeerk but did not enjoy it,the place is more like a conference hall,also went there for the superbowl that was an excellent night the surround sound was great..............lastly the staff were very very good,so many, every where you looked there was staff always saying hola,asking you if you wanted a drink or wanting you to take part in the fun,when serving you anywhere in the dining area's they introduced themselves,the bar tenders always smiling even though you know they must be dead on there feet,they are the magic dust in this part of paradise

Ipswich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I normally dont bother writing reviews, but our trip to Dream Palm Beach in Dom Rep needs talking about.

This was our 2nd trip to a dreams resort, having had a wonderful time at Dreams La Romana (so much so that my in-laws promptly booked and enjoyed a trip at La Romana shortly after our return). So based on this it was with joy that we booked and upgraded to this resort expecting a better, or at least just as good a trip as we had to DLR.

I dont want to write a big long boring review, but suffice to say that everything from the room, food, restaurants to the pool were below being described as poor. I had a very poor stomach 10 out of the 14 days away, so much so that I had to cut short most of my dives as I couldnt be seperated from a bathroom for any period of time. And this was a very common complaint around the resort. Personally, I feel that the 'delly belly' was caused by a lot of pressure being put on bar staff and not having the time to clean the glasses properly.

When we brought these points and many, many more to the managements attention, we were offered an upgrade should we want to return. However unless this Dreams improves significantly, or the upgrade was transferable to La Romana, it will be an offer that will sadly remain unused.

However, not all doom and gloom. Jose, the pool waiter at the prefered club pool always went above and beyond to offer great service with a constant smile.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!