We just returned from Dreams Palm Beach. I am an avid reader of trip advisor and plan our vacations through a combination of the hotels reviews and price comparisons between resorts for specific weeks. Our week at Dreams Palm Beach was very nice. Here is a breakdown.
1.Transportation from the airport went smoothly. Arrived at the resort shortly after 3 pm and had to wait for 1 3/4 hours in the lobby to wait for a room. They sent us to VIP services where a man tried selling us advanced vacations at other hotels. He was quite insistent and we were not happy with this beginning of our vacation.
2. Room- room 6301 (building 6, third floor overlooking both the pool and the ocean). Nice room, clean, beautiful view. Wish they had a larger dresser with more than 2 drawers. Luckily, there were only the two of us and we pack lightly.The room remained warm, the guests can not adjust the coolness. We did ask at the office for someone to set the temp. cooler but it never happened. Be prepared to remain warm at night.
* note- the two young ladies who cleaned our room (Delfine during the day, and Glynis at night) were excellent. These women work long, hard hours, are always super polite, and clean the rooms meticulously.
3. Food- very good as most all inclusives are. We love the fact that there is no reservation system at Dreams resorts. We enjoyed every restaurant but especially the Italian and French ones because they provide very cool air conditioning. We ate at the World cafe for all of our breakfasts and lunches and they have wonderful buffets, everything one could imagine, all cooked well. The soups each day at lunch were the best I have ever tasted ! Great job chefs and cooking staff!
4. Beach and pool- Wonderful! We love Punta Cana beaches, white sand, no rocks in the water, beautiful settings with plenty of lovely palm trees lining the beaches.
5. Children- I was amazed at the number of children and infants at this resort. Had never seen so many at any resort before. I personally love watching the smiling babies, the little ones dancing to the music, and all the children's happiness with the ocean. To me, seeing all the little ones was a plus, they provided fun entertainment!
6. Entertainment- each day, if you wished to participate, there were activities during the day and during the nights. We are not spa people so we did not use the spa.
Each day we viewed multiple wedding on the beach, that provided entertainment too!
All in all, the resort is very nice. The workers and staff try very hard to please. Maybe not "excellente" at all times but close to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-cart dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro