“Dreams Palm Beach - Maybe not "excellente" at all times but close to it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

You added Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bergen County, NJ
“Dreams Palm Beach - Maybe not "excellente" at all times but close to it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We just returned from Dreams Palm Beach. I am an avid reader of trip advisor and plan our vacations through a combination of the hotels reviews and price comparisons between resorts for specific weeks. Our week at Dreams Palm Beach was very nice. Here is a breakdown.
1.Transportation from the airport went smoothly. Arrived at the resort shortly after 3 pm and had to wait for 1 3/4 hours in the lobby to wait for a room. They sent us to VIP services where a man tried selling us advanced vacations at other hotels. He was quite insistent and we were not happy with this beginning of our vacation.
2. Room- room 6301 (building 6, third floor overlooking both the pool and the ocean). Nice room, clean, beautiful view. Wish they had a larger dresser with more than 2 drawers. Luckily, there were only the two of us and we pack lightly.The room remained warm, the guests can not adjust the coolness. We did ask at the office for someone to set the temp. cooler but it never happened. Be prepared to remain warm at night.
* note- the two young ladies who cleaned our room (Delfine during the day, and Glynis at night) were excellent. These women work long, hard hours, are always super polite, and clean the rooms meticulously.
3. Food- very good as most all inclusives are. We love the fact that there is no reservation system at Dreams resorts. We enjoyed every restaurant but especially the Italian and French ones because they provide very cool air conditioning. We ate at the World cafe for all of our breakfasts and lunches and they have wonderful buffets, everything one could imagine, all cooked well. The soups each day at lunch were the best I have ever tasted ! Great job chefs and cooking staff!
4. Beach and pool- Wonderful! We love Punta Cana beaches, white sand, no rocks in the water, beautiful settings with plenty of lovely palm trees lining the beaches.
5. Children- I was amazed at the number of children and infants at this resort. Had never seen so many at any resort before. I personally love watching the smiling babies, the little ones dancing to the music, and all the children's happiness with the ocean. To me, seeing all the little ones was a plus, they provided fun entertainment!
6. Entertainment- each day, if you wished to participate, there were activities during the day and during the nights. We are not spa people so we did not use the spa.
Each day we viewed multiple wedding on the beach, that provided entertainment too!
All in all, the resort is very nice. The workers and staff try very hard to please. Maybe not "excellente" at all times but close to it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,649)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were a little concerned after reading some of the reviews and having to save for your holiday all year to be then disappointed...well worry not ! Palm Beach offers great rooms (we were in room 8119) with 24hr room service and we used it every morning for coffees and was pleasantly met with a happy waiter delivering.
Our favorite eating places were the French,Italian and chinese restaraunts, the world caf'e was great for lunches and breakfast but did lack a little something in the evenings, but you had plenty of choices.
Entertainment was good with a crazy character called Gasoline and his crew but we did feel Palm Beach could add an extra entertainment choice after 9.30 pm, nothing was going on after this time - this is my only moan.
We had a wonderful, wonderful rep called Sandrew who works for First choice, he was fanatastic! if F/C are reading these reviews then he should have a bonus thats for sure.
The weather was perfect ( we were there from 29/10 - 13/11/12) beautiful sunny days.
The beach is a bit seeweedy however the hotels workers work non stop to keep the beach clean, again, they do a great job. You must take a walk across the beach, its heaven with very happy and not pushy gift sellers ( like the sellers as was mentioned before within the hotel grounds, they are a bit of a pain) along the beach selling beautiful shells and wooden gifts for a fraction of the price and being very gratful for the sale!

Would we go back ? oh yes!!! we are hoping for next year and would love to stay in the same room ! Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday......

Room Tip: We were in 8119 - very near all ameneties
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We just got back from dreams palm beach and we were so impressed!! Everything was awesome... from the rooms to the staff and food! This was my perfect dream vacation!!! So relaxing and romantic! We loved how the resort had something for everyone. There was nightly entertainment for families and football on the big screen on the beach for the sports lovers. If you wanted to just sit and have a glass of wine and listen to music, you could do that. This resort is great for anyone looking for a getaway!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Lochinver, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I will start with the positives

staff - excellent special thanks to german, angel, Ray at the beach front restaraunt and santa at
the main buffee.

Food - very good apart from the mexican

Rooms appearance of very clean but see cons below.

cons

BITES at first we thought that it was Mossies however after many many years travelling abroad my husband who has never been bitten was covered in red bites. we have since decided that it could have been bed bug bites? There are also ants at the pool every day

Preferred Club pool - very dirty on a least half of our holiday. I think that it could have been due to the storm and the pumps were flooded. No entertainment round the preferred pool - had to join the main part of the hotel .

Have travelled extensively in the Dom Rep - the staff alone gave this rating a 3 but the hotel could have some lessons in cleanliness especially keeping the pool in a clean condition- it is the main way to keep cool in a hot country but with weeping wounds from bites it was not recommended going into an unclean pool - very disappointing

Room Tip: do not pick ground floor friends said that it was damp and musty
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Management-Palmbeach, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Helen,

Receive a warm greeting from Dreams Palm Beach and thank you for sharing your feedbacks on your recent stay. We apologize for not being able to meet your expectations, as being a service oriented company that is our main purpose; however there are a few things we would like to clarify.

It is surprising to read that you did not find cleanliness in our rooms, as our housekeeping and quality and hygiene department staff is in charge of maintaining all rooms spotless clean twice a day, according to international standards, which in many occasions we have been awarded for. Furthermore, all bed spreads, covers are changed daily and rooms fumigated weekly or upon a guest’s request. Nevertheless all these will be addressed to our House keeping manager.

We apologize the pools were not to your standards and as you say we did have a few rainy days due to a tropical storm which, however that was no obstacle for the pools undergoing its daily rigorous cleaning.

We are glad that you did find the food to your liking and the staff very serviceable.

Please know that it was never our intention to disappoint you and again we apologize we were not able to satisfy all your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to be able to serve you in the future and be able to regain your trust in the Dreams brand.

Regards,

Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1719
operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My sister was getting married so 45 people booked at The Dreams Resort. I have been traveling for 16 years to different countries and was very excited to stay here. Upon check in the employees were very friendly. I checked into my room and began my stay. The next morning I woke up with a lot of bug bites but figured it must be mosquitos. The second morning I woke up and had over 50 bites. I immediately stripped the sheets and found hundreds of bed bugs in the seams. I went to the front desk and started crying. The gentleman at the front (although friendly) told me bed bugs are harmless and it could be cockroaches instead. (Not comforting.) Fortunately they switched my room and I was not bitten the rest of the week. When I spoke with the front desk manager he also told me they were cockroaches. I actually work in management for a five star hotel and know what bed bugs look like as well as the bites (I also have pictures showing the bugs.) Instead of offering a refund, they submitted the information to insurance stating they couldn't offer me a rebate.
In addition, we had a beatiful reception with lobster, steak, etc the second to last day. When I cut my salad, a small cockroach crawled out. Surpringsly enough, this didn't bother me as much as the bed bugs.
Last, the resort was gracious enough to dry clean my clothes so I wouldn't be the bugs back to the states. When I flew back home and got to my car in the airport, my car/house keys were removed from my jacket by the dry cleaning. So I was stuck at the airport with no access to my car or house b/c my keys were at the dry cleaners at the resort. The resort mailed them back to my house a week later.
All aside, I can say the weather was beautiful and the resort was gorgeous. The staff were some of the friendliest and hardest working staff I have ever come across. If it not for the friendliness of the line employees, the hotel would have been terrible. However, I can say I will not be returning, even if a free trip was offered to me.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room and away from the open floors. The rain causes flooding in the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Outstanding staff - friendly and wonderful attention to detail. The rooms are very nicely appointed, beautiful property, the food is very good - something for everyone - definitely a return favorite. My family and I have been back twice already, and we already have reservations to return before the end of the year! Since we live here we try to get away at least once a month - out of the city of Santo Domingo - and this is now our home away from home.

Room Tip: Stay at the Priority Club - it's definitely worth the slight increase in cost ... and when you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stone Ridge, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I spent 6 days recently at this resort to attend the wedding of a good friend. Our trip and time at the resort was great. It's a short ride from the airport, only took about 20 minutes. We decided to do the Preferred Club and I would highly recommend this. Check-in was a breeze and the Preferred Lounge is great; free internet access (free wi-fi during our stay), constant appetizers and high end drinks, and a very friendly and helpful staff. Being in the Preferred Club also gives you access to a separate pool (which we didn't use) and a Cafe which probably had the best food within the resort.

Accommodations: We had an ocean front room on the 2nd floor of bldg 5. Great view and very nice room. Updated features and nice soaking tub w/ rain style shower head. Now, there is a constant feel of dampness in the room, but I think that's to be expected w/ being so close to the ocean. Housekeeping was on par, had no issues. We did have a monsoon style rain one night and a number of my buddies rooms got flooded. That is a problem with the resort as we saw a bunch of clean up efforts going on the next morning.

Food: Good, but not great. They have a ton of options; buffet, Mexican, french, Italian, Japanese and upscale cafe (only Preferred Club). The Cafe was by far the best. The others were mediocre with the French being the worst in my opinion. They also had fruit stands and a hamburger stand at the beach. Pretty bad burgers, but not bad if you didn't want to walk far. The drinks were on point though, very good. Get the Coco Loco. I wish there were more bartenders at the swim up pool bar.

Staff: Awesome, very friendly and helpful. The Entertainment staff is unbelievable. Their energy levels would rival anyone. Bartenders were helpful and friendly as well.

Pool/Beach: The pool area was great. Massive Pools, one w/ a swim up bar. Very well maintained and just the right temperature. The Beach was good, not great. A lot of seaweed washed ashore, but the resort has a crew that constantly comes by and picks it up. I'm not sure why folks were saying the beach/water was rocky. I didn't see any of that. The swimming area is nothing to write home about, but it's fine. Plenty of beach chairs and thatched umbrellas. Also, plenty of water activities as well.

Wedding: One of the best I've been to. Simply amazing. Bride and Groom thought so as well.

Cons: Not many, but here are a few:
- 2 of the nights we were there, they had merchants set up between the rooms and the dining areas, selling everything from jewelry to paintings to wood carvings. These guys are very aggressive in trying to get you to buy something. You need to just put your head down and ignore them. They don't understand the work "No".

- I wish the food was a bit better, but definitely not a deal breaker. I would def. do the Preferred Club again so I could eat at the cafe.

Room Tip: - Make sure to get a room on the 2nd floor of any building. We saw a number of 1st floor rooms get...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!