Stayed at this resort from October 30th to November 13th. By far this is the best resort holiday we have ever had. The food, staff, hotel grounds and rooms are superb. I laugh when i read the negative reviews and can only think that people write them so they can claim some money back from their travel insurance?!
Well worth the upgrade to preferred club. We booked before we went so were able to pre-advise that we needed a ground floor room due to walking difficulties. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Ray, Tita, Christina and Oscar in the seaside grill were all outstanding. All the preferred staff were extremely professional at all times - a credit to Isabelle.
This hotel truly cares about its customers and will go the extra mile to address concerns.
In response to Angelo S' comment about the quality of the preferred club sunbeds on the beach - My wife and I were sitting on the beach on the 11th November - the day he wrote his review - and we wondered why all the preferred club loungers on the beach were being swapped for the better quality metal ones! Now I know why when i read his comment. That surely shows how much the staff care and truly wish to address any issue.
We met many other couples who had a fantastic time and couldn't understand the mixed review.
We only ate in the buffet for one breakfast and one lunch just to try it but decided that the other a la carte restaurants were so good there was no point in serving yourself unless you had kids who wanted the choice or you needed to pile your plate high!
In response to one earlier comment about the power cut and subsequent meal on the beach....Yes there was a power cut on one after noon that went from 2pm until about 8pm due to needing to make repairs due to hurricane Sandy passing through. The ridiculous complaints that people were making were totally ridiculous. We sat on our patio with candles and a bottle of wine and laughed at some really silly people who just wanted to complain. The fact was that the cut was necessary to save us having a risk of 4 to 5 days without power which was made very clear to everyone from a polite letter in every room from management.
For the management to them put on a special meal the following night for all affected, on the beach with circus entertainment and barbeque - including steak, lobster and amazing food....how can anyone complain??? Seriously - the problem can't be the hotel or the staff if you really complain about this. My suggestion would be - stay at home and annoy your neighbours. You should go on holiday to enjoy and relax - exactly what this hotel offers and succeeds in very well.
A special mention should be made to the whole management team but especially Pedro the General Manager. How refreshing to see a visible, hands on manager who spends time getting to meet customers, walking around the grounds dealing with any issues and caring enough to set up a special meal as an apology to affected guests. Your hotel is a credit to yourself and your staff - great job with many thanks.
We will be re-booking for next year which is something I have never done in all my years travelling. Thanks for a wonderful break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-cart dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro