“Best Hotel in the Dominican Republic Hands Down!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Saving!
Ranked #23 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Miami, Florida
“Best Hotel in the Dominican Republic Hands Down!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I live in Miami and have traveled to the Dominican Republic quite a bit because it is close, not expensive, it is beautiful and the people are awesome. We went there to get married this time. 25 of our friends and families were also there. (For weddings, YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR CHRISTINA. SHE IS THE BEST WEDDING PLANNER EVER. For none wedding related travel, this is the best All Inclusive I have ever been in. (Anywhere in the Caribbean). It is slightly more expensive than the rest but not the most expensive one by far. I think it is really good value because the food, drinks and service are top notch. Like most ALL INCLUSIVES they have a buffet and several themed restaurants. But usually in other hotels you get one good and several so-so themed restaurants. The restaurants here were all awesome. The service is amazing, this people really go out of their way to make you feel special. "GASOLINA" the main entertainer is the funniest guy on this planet, that guy makes you laugh just by looking at him. The words (WOW) and (OH MY GOD) become famous after you meet him. (Inside joke, trust me, you'll know what am talking about once you get there). The only BAD THING about the hotel in the 8 days that we were there was the A/C. It is hot inside the rooms and the restaurants. I complained to one of the managers onsite and they said they were working on it. I never knew if they fixed it or not. I just know I would go back tomorrow if I could. Really nice beach and pools, top shelf liquors and awesome food and drinks. I DON'T RECOMMEND UPDATING TO THE PREFERED CLUB. Basically you pay more to be away from the fun, you eat the same thing and drink the same thing. The prefered pool is small and packed and again you are away from the fun. The spa is not worth it. We got massages and they were just like whatever, nothing good.
Advise: Don't go to another ALL INLCUSIVE just because is a little bit less money. This is money well spent. Don't pay too much more than this Hotel just to be safe because this is a safe bet for the price you pay. Do your research, travel with confidence. Read my other reviews, you'll see I don't fall in love too easy.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floors are hotter during the summer. Try and get one on the bottom floor and the A/C co...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chief_c0ncierge, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Luis,

Please receive a warm greeting from Dreams Palm Beach. We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen us as your wedding destination, and for giving us the chance to serve you.

It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed all our facilities and that our staff's hospitality and friendliness made you feel special.

We hope to welcome you back and serve you in the future.

Best regards,

operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

5,206 people have reviewed this hotel

1938
2083
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,188)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

well I visited the resort from Sep 9th for 2 weeks, overall an excellent holiday, I will put my review in pros and cons:

Pros:

Excellent service and food in all restaurants.
Canbannas on beach if you are in the preferred section of the hotel
Powder white sand on the beach
Premium drinks in all bars
room cleaned daily and turn down service each evening
wireless internet if you are in the preferred section you do have to ask for a password that lasts for 5 hours but then you can just renew it and the wireless works in the rooms and on the beach
Gardens are kept clean and look beautiful
Daily information sheet and newspaper in room each day
Plenty of sun beds around
Towels are left out for use in the preferred section
Coffe shop wonderful with lovely cakes open from 6am until 10.30pm
No reservations in restaurants, the longest we waited was for one hour one evening the rest of the time it was around 10 - 15 mins for a table
Morning walk with staff to watch dolphins, and seals 9.30am each morning excellent walk and free

Cons:

Toilets do not flush very well especailly around the pool area
Pools need cleaning, lots of grease in pools etc.
Rooms smell damp especially the ground floor rooms
Rooms are dated and need revamping
No bath tub
Lack of air condition in restaurants and casino/Disco
Fridge in room are set at too high, drinks are not cold
Sun beds on beach too close together and around pool
Sea weed on the beach however the hotel do clean it up several times per day but the sea can have a lot of it about.
Preferred lounge bar closes too early, around 10.30pm
Spa being re vamped so no steam room etc.
Building work to hotel next door can be noisy if you are on the beach in the preferred section of the hotel
Bathroom scales do not work!
More shades are needed around the pool area

I would like to say thankyou too
Jose around the preferred pool he waits on all day long bringing drinks in the heat, very quiet but once you have asked him for a drink he then knows what you like without even asking him...excellent!

also Ray and Chrisina and Miguel in the seaside grill alongside TiTo who were also excellent in their work.

Isobelle and Dolly in the preferred lounge, always checking we were ok.

Casaneno and Ruddy in the Japanesse very entertaining!!

Angel and German from around the preferred pool and beach, very professional in their work

Overall we had a good time, I have been to dreams La Romana and prefer that hotel. We stayed in the preferred section at Dreams Palm Beach and was at first put in block 5 which is actually no where near the preferred section of the hotel we asked to move and on day 3 was moved to block 3 on the top floor which was much better. we had a ground room on block 5 and it smelt very damp and musty.

I feel we should have been informed by our travel agent that the spa was being revamped and of the building work next door.

I used the Spa re located in block 4 for an overall massage (2 for 1) offer and then had a hot stone massage which I highly recommend we had a voucher for 40% off this.

any questions do email me.

thanks

Room Tip: ask for a 3rd floor room and if you can choose the preferred section of the hotel
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We just returned from our vacation to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana. It was our first time to Punta Cana and the Dominican.

In essence the staff are fabulous and will go out of their way to help you and make you smile with their "can do Excellente" attitude!! However, the rooms are dated and in need of a much needed makeover...furniture was chipped, walls needed a good paint, water expelled all over the floor when taking a shower, tiles had been replaced in lower half of shower...highlighting a bad patch job...on the bright side the rooms and bedding were clean. Air conditioning left alot to be desired...hot all night!!

Grounds are beautiful and well kept...pools look fabulous...however would recommend not taking a plunge in the main pool with the swim up bar!! Scum along edge of pool and floating randomly in it...probably not helped by all the drinks and cigarettes being smoked in there!! Some people just have no class! We did see the staff clean the pool everyday but quite obviously it was not enough. The pool was also hotter than the outside air, which is crazy! Not refreshening at all, felt quite tinged with it!

On the upside, the beach is gorgeous!! Lovely white sand! Beautiful palm trees. Sunbeds, though need replacing!! I think the bed I had on the first day had such a dip in it that it was almost a hammock;) Need to clean the seaweed off the beach more often. Having stayed at a Sandals resort...this had been done everyday!

So onto food...French and Italian were fabulous, Japanese was so-so and the Mexican was awful!! World Cafe buffet offered a good variety of food for breakfast and lunch...never ate there for dinner. The coffee shop, Cafe Coco...made me smile every day...great coffees including lattes, cappucinos and frozen options, great staff...a little bit of Starbucks in the Dominican!! One of my favourite parts of the resort.

Used the spa, which was housed in some guest rooms while the new spa is being built...considering the circumstances I enjoyed a fabulous manicure and pedicure by Rosa! Lovely girl!

It was my birthday while we were there and my husband arranged for a Lobster dinner on the beach...this was a lovely experience...food was great but wish there could have been more candle light so we could see what we were eating.

Entertainment staff were fabulously friendly though the shows were predictable.

Lobby bar was the main place to have a drink at night. Staff were very efficient.owever wish there was an air conditioned bar with sports Tvs to relax in...the Desires nightclub bar said that it offered this...but was hot as hell in there!!

So to sum up...loved the staff, did not love the resort...will not visit again! Not Dreams standard! Glad I got a deal...otherwise would be quite upset.

Room Tip: All rooms other than preferred club have a tropical view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chief_c0ncierge, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and sharing your experience with others.

We are sorry the rooms did not meet your expectations. Our Rooms Division Manager and our Maintenance Chief Engineer have reviewed your comments and observations, rest assured all corrective measures have already taken place.

As you mention we always have someone at the pool area making sure it is kept clean according to international standards. After the pool closes at 7pm it goes under a rigorous process of disinfecting and cleaning with strong chemicals in order to have them available for the next day.

We are glad you enjoyed our beach, but please know, seaweed is part of nature and we cannot control it. Not only do we rake it every day, but twice a day to maintain our beach standards as one of the best in the Punta Cana area.

It’s good to read you enjoyed our relaxing spa, Coco Café and the variety of beverages it offers, most of our cuisine, especially your special romantic, birthday dinner.

It is very gratifying, when reading our guests ‘loved’ our staff as it is encouraging in our path to provide excellent service.

We understand there is always room for improvement, thank you for your participation in the process, we look forward to welcome you to another Dreams Resort very soon.

Best regards,

Vangie Severino
Management Assistant
Cabeza de Toro, La Altagracia Dominican Republic
Tel:(809)552-6000 Ext. 1606
operaciones.drepb@dreamsresorts.com
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have just returned from Dreams Palm Beach and have to say it was the best holiday experience I have ever had.. The entertainment team were really good especially Papo and Gasolina. The restaurants were excellent and the waiter who stood out most was Loui in the French restaurant he just couldnt do enough to make your evening special. All the staff were very friendly throughout the whole resort and we would have no hesitation in returning to Dreams Palm Beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Somerset, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

When we arrived at the thatch roofed Punta Cana airport and unloaded on the tarmac, I was wondering what we were in for. We booked through Apple Vacations and were taken directly to our resort, where check in was a breeze. We were given cool towels and a shot of Mamajuana to celebrate our "homecoming". Our room was in the Preferred Club side of things and on our balcony we had a view of the ocean and the pool. We were on the third floor, so every activity we wanted to do required three flights of steps up and down... but heck that was just exercise. We had a King bed that wasnt the most comfortable in the world and a bathroom and balcony. Now let me also explain that the bathroom had an opaque door and the shower floor did get wet because the shower had like a half door. Just put a towel on the floor and all is okay. :) The room was adequately air conditioned and I am sensitive to smells and I did not detect any musty odor. The fridge kept drinks cool but not cold... that is just a difference in the cultures although. Everywhere you looked people were cleaning. This was one of the cleanest places I have ever been. My husband got sick for several days, but I believe that was due to the change in food. The food was excellent... fresh, delicious. portion sizes in the Restaurants were small compared to "american" standards... but they encourages soup, salad, appetizer, main course, and dessert. I have no complaints. The World buffet was basically just a buffet. We did not eat there too much because we like quality over quantity and I am not a fan of buffet's anywhere. The staff fell over themselves to make sure you were comfortable. Very friendly and willing to accomodate you in any way they could. Angel in pool concierge and Mailena in Concierge Preferred Club were wonderful and extremely helpful and courteous. Felix in the French Restaurant also bent over backwards to meet our needs. The beach had some seaweed on it but we just stepped over it and went to swim and enjoy the ocean. I have to admit, before we booked I had read quite a few Trip Advisor reviews and I was a little hesitant to book. Please do not let the bad reviews fool you. I believe those are the type of people that would complain about anything. Our experience was over all excellent and as I said... we are normal working people that are fortunate to take once vacation a year.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was very worried after reading several bad reviews leading up to our holiday but shouldn’t have worried. We booked a preferred club room and we got adjoining rooms which we requested on the top floor. The room was nice and clean.
The grounds were pretty and very well cared for.
The pools were lovely.
Staff – great.
The beach was not so good. Some of this was due to the tropical storm. They did clear the seaweed and this wasn’t a problem, but the beds on the beach were a bit tatty.
The specialty restaurants were exceptionally good (apart from French which when we went was very poor service but maybe they forgot us!) We only went in the World Café twice and although pretty good for buffet we preferred to be waited on in the other restaurants. My favourite was the Seaside Grill.
My biggest complaint was the minibar in our room. We were under the impression that we had an upgraded minibar service as stated on Dreams own website. There were some soft drinks and water but the only alcohol was two small cans of beer and some days these were not replaced despite asking. We telephoned and asked when we were missed and we were told we would have to wait until next day.
Preferred Club – Worth upgrading for use of the Sea Side Grill.
All in all we had a great week here and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are actually still here. I wanted to share two very positive experiences I have had here. One with our night maid who came to turn down the sheets. Her name is Maria paredes. On ou! I second night here, our mini bar hadn't been replaced, when she came to give us our turn down service, I let her know that we needed a restocked mini bar. I asked her if she had any chocolate for my pillow, she told me that they didn't offer that service but the next night she showed up at my room with chocolate she had bought with her own money! I wrote her a thank you note and she showed up the night after with more chocolates! She went above and beyond! For THAT reason i will return to this hotel. Also one of the beach guards named. Isias Luna was so nice to us, he gave us valuable information for public transportation and tourist attractions. I will write again in another week after we leave but so far so good!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!