“== TREATED LIKE HONEYMOONERS ==” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

You added Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana to your Saves list
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cabeza de Toro - Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Delta, Canada
“== TREATED LIKE HONEYMOONERS ==”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We were in another resort... Occidental Grand... and had an awful night... we were on the horn with our booking agent to get us out of there asap... we didn't care where we just needed out of this horrible resort. They put us here in Dreams Palm Beach. Upon our arrival we felt immediatly better. The vibe was awesome, and we were greeted with drinks. Our room was ready and prepped for honeymooners because of our difficulties at our other resort. There was a fruit platter and chocolates and champagne and candles! it was wonderful. We were ready to get our day started as we had lost a day of vacation at that other place. Down to the pool bar we go. We made friends with some other guests right away. This was a family resort and because of that I probably wouldn't have chose it myself but I'm glad we were there. I've made some friends for life there. Decent drinks were served. I wasn't a fan of the kids splashing around while I was trying to sunbath on a mat but hey.... the pool is for them too so we just stuck to one side.

The restaurants were very nicely decorated. Very modern and posh and you didn't need any reservations and never had to wait very long. We were even able to get a table so we could dine with our new friends, all together. The food was ok. Not terrible and not so fantastic but it was good and I ate and was good to go.

We partied hard one night and at some of the other fancy resorts you can't get food late at night other than room service. Well.... thankfully the World Cafe stays open and will make you whatever you want. We had pizza and mac and cheese. yummy late night grub with new friends is so much fun.

I'm not sure if I mentioned we were there in February of 2009 but the drop down menu didn't let me go that far back. At the time there was no resort located to the left... or perhaps there was one small one but beyond that was an abandoned beach. Kinda romantic... hehe..... not a soul as far as the eye could see. That was nice... until a police officer came out and said we had walked way too far and were in a so called "danger zone for bandidtos" LOL we didn't speak english but we could see some people with knives walking along the beach.. Their beach I guess so we turned and walked back to the resort. We've stayed in 4 resorts in DR and this one and another had great security along the beach so there was never any concern for danger withen the property. Great feature!

Staff was all friendly, check in was quick and the lobby bar was a nice place to chill with new friends. We did shots for a while before we hit up the casino and then... even tho we are not allowed. A midnight swim in the pool. be very quiet and don't move around and you may be able to have a good time!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I usually don't write reviews, and although I traveled on May 2011, I did not want to let this opportunity go by without writing a review on this magnificent hotel.

Even though some of the buildings on the property are not that new, all in all the hotel is perfect! It has great restaurants, a lot of activities and you can grab a snack even by the pool. However the best part of it is that all the employees make you feel at home. The service is remarkably perfect; everyone has a smile for you and on the contrary of some other places where they tend to treat you better if you are from Europe here at Dreams Punta Cana you’ll receive the finest service no matter where you come from. This hotel definitely knows the concept of “service” every single employee is willing to help you have the best vacation. The moment you walk in to the hotel, you perceive this good vibe surrounded by such a blissful atmosphere, that you immediately know you won’t want it to end soon. You should definitely visit the Japanese and Mexican restaurant. At night you can enjoy some of the shows at the theater and at the end you can watch a movie and eat popcorn on the patio under the stars. There is Rum Tasting, Dancing Lessons, and more activities to make your stay enjoyable.

The beach is outstandingly crystal clear and this hotel has a lot of pools, and it even has a club and a mini casino so there is really no need to go out.

I would like to make a special appreciation to Alfonso (I believe he is the entertainment manager) for all the attentions he had with my husband and I during our stay.
Overall I would definitely advise you staying at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Rancho Murieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The hotel was very nice. The quality of the food and the becah could be improved a little. The service was excellent though!!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean View!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Milton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We recently traveled to Punta Cana, this was not our first choice of destination but we were attended a wedding. Our first experience by walking into Dreams Palm Beach seamed relaxed, friendly and very plush with vegetation which is what we always look for in a resort!

The restaurants on the resort I must admit were amazing, best I have had and I have stayed at a few Sandals Resorts, the service and food was like dining in a fine restaurant in a downtown metropolis with no reservations needed. The resort was clean and very well kept with great friendly staff. The entertainment was constant during the day and evening with many activities for all to participate or if you just wanted to relax the option was there as well.

Now it brings me to the rooms, our room was clean although it seemed like it was out of an early eighties magazine. The AC worked but did not get rid of any humidity, the sheets and bed were always damp with moisture with a musty smell. I had to fix the bottom of the dresser drawer myself as it would always dislodge from the track due to age. We have a four year old and the DVD did not work for those moments where our daughter simply wanted to relax and watch a movie in late afternoon as we got ready for dinner. The bathroom was definatetly aged with old, missing and moldy tile, caulking which looked like a six year old would do, something you would see in a 2.5 star motel on the side of a freeway, really! We would wear sandals into the shower stall due to not wanting contact with tile, stall would not drain and there was no door on stall which made it difficult to keep the vanity area dry. The first two days we did not have any hot water for morning showers and warm water for evening showers, we complained to management as did many others and the rest of our stay we had warmer water. Rooms I would give by today's standards a 2.5!!!!

If I was to go back to Dreams Palm Beach I would most definatetly upgrade the room, all in all I did like the rest of the Resort and what it had to offer!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Upon arrival, they hand you a cool towel and a cold drink. Check in was fast and painless, we arrived pretty early so our room wasn't ready yet. We then was asked to head over to the other desk whereas we didn't know it was timeshare pitch. Next time I think we will just skip over that part and go straight to the bar! Food was great, especially the French and Hibachi restaurants. We ate at the hibiachi place 3 times during our 7-day stay! You had to get up pretty early to get a chair by the pool but we were able to have someone grab the chairs for us in the shady areas (few dollar tips goes a long way!), the drinks never went empty and we were pretty happy about the drinks.

Reason why I didn't give it 5 stars was because our room refrigerator wasn't restock every day. We even leave tip for the cleaning person daily but find our frig pretty empty upon returning from a full day's fun.

We met a lot of people during our stay and made tons of friends. Can't wait to go back! You must try the mamajuana shot!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed for a week over the October half term. We changed room after the first one we were given smelt musty and damp. It didn't have much of a view being in building 9 close to the restaurants, but it was very comfortable and spacious.

The food in the restaurants is fine - I never think the Caribbean is an area renowned for fab food. We enjoyed having tea and hot chocolates at the cake shop, and room service is included, (although limited menu). We eat from the beach cafe at lunch times - (be careful that your food is cooked long enough - one of us was sick on undercooked chicken).

The pools are beautiful, which is more than can be said for the beach!! What a let down - the only place I have ever travelled to in the Caribbean where you didn't want to get into the water - it was knee deep in seaweed almost every day we were there. Yes, the staff do their best to keep it clear, and you could walk a little further along the beach to the left where, (on some days), it wasn't so bad.

Watersports - We tried tubing and my son went water ski-ing - all arranged by Francois at the hotels watersports desk on the beach. Francois was very helpful, and took a personal interest in trying to teach my 13 year old son to ski - even getting in the water himself!

Overall, a good stay. There is plenty to do here for kids - lots of entertainment organised by the staff - (older children joined in with the adult pool competitions and noboy seemed to mind). Plus you get free hobbysailing/canoes/windsurf for half to an hour a day per room.

What makes this place is the people. I truly have never stayed anywhere in the world where the people were so friendly and polite. Almost every member of staff you came across would greet you "Ola", (Hello), just in passing. Each and everyone of them is a credit to the hotel and gives you a great feeling of wanting to return to this island.

I would go back to the Dominican Republic, but perhaps to another hotel where the seaweed is not such a problem . (Bavaro beach was recommended to us by other visitors).

Room Tip: If you get a room you are not happy with, just ask to change. We found reception very eager to help.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and anyone. Whether you want to party, relax or just enjoy the beauty of this facilty... IT'S AMAZING!!! The food is excellent, service is wonderful and the entertainment staff is phenominal!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!