We were in another resort... Occidental Grand... and had an awful night... we were on the horn with our booking agent to get us out of there asap... we didn't care where we just needed out of this horrible resort. They put us here in Dreams Palm Beach. Upon our arrival we felt immediatly better. The vibe was awesome, and we were greeted with drinks. Our room was ready and prepped for honeymooners because of our difficulties at our other resort. There was a fruit platter and chocolates and champagne and candles! it was wonderful. We were ready to get our day started as we had lost a day of vacation at that other place. Down to the pool bar we go. We made friends with some other guests right away. This was a family resort and because of that I probably wouldn't have chose it myself but I'm glad we were there. I've made some friends for life there. Decent drinks were served. I wasn't a fan of the kids splashing around while I was trying to sunbath on a mat but hey.... the pool is for them too so we just stuck to one side.
The restaurants were very nicely decorated. Very modern and posh and you didn't need any reservations and never had to wait very long. We were even able to get a table so we could dine with our new friends, all together. The food was ok. Not terrible and not so fantastic but it was good and I ate and was good to go.
We partied hard one night and at some of the other fancy resorts you can't get food late at night other than room service. Well.... thankfully the World Cafe stays open and will make you whatever you want. We had pizza and mac and cheese. yummy late night grub with new friends is so much fun.
I'm not sure if I mentioned we were there in February of 2009 but the drop down menu didn't let me go that far back. At the time there was no resort located to the left... or perhaps there was one small one but beyond that was an abandoned beach. Kinda romantic... hehe..... not a soul as far as the eye could see. That was nice... until a police officer came out and said we had walked way too far and were in a so called "danger zone for bandidtos" LOL we didn't speak english but we could see some people with knives walking along the beach.. Their beach I guess so we turned and walked back to the resort. We've stayed in 4 resorts in DR and this one and another had great security along the beach so there was never any concern for danger withen the property. Great feature!
Staff was all friendly, check in was quick and the lobby bar was a nice place to chill with new friends. We did shots for a while before we hit up the casino and then... even tho we are not allowed. A midnight swim in the pool. be very quiet and don't move around and you may be able to have a good time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-cart dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro