This was my fourth time staying at the Riu Palace and I have no complaints. I was here from 04/24 to 05/08 and it was extremely hot and no rain....bring lots of sunscreen.
The rooms are beautiful and also kept extremely clean. The maids are available at all times and even come in the evening to turn down the beds.
The front desk staff (Santana and Serveno) are pleasant and very accomodating.
You can always see the dining room staff catering to all of our needs and if you have a problem you just need to ask Salvador or Montero to accomodate your request. The food is enjoyable and the drinks plentiful.
Thanks to the animation team (Johnny Bravo, Edward and Chocolate) for all the laughs. Take a scuba lesson with Enis who is here from Germany, very friendly girl.
Robert the manager is very friendly and can be seen on the property at all times making sure you are enjoying your stay and that you are well taken care of.
I think the tourists need to remember that the staff at these hotels work more than our ususal 8hr day and normally work 11-14 days straight, so if they seem a little tired, then they probably are. They deserve to be tipped especially if they are going out of their way to please you.
If you want to shop ask someone about going to the Bavaro plaza as the Caribbean street is quite expensive, or take a walk along the beach to find many vendors.
My only complaint is that this hotel is 80% German, and without trying to pass judgement, they seem to think that they are the only ones vacationing here and therefore tend to be pushy in the dining room and at the bar.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Macao
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.