Just came back from a week long stay in this hotel and "disappointment" is an understatement. In a point form:
- Got sick with a stomach bug the second day we arrived. The food was beautifully presented, however, everything in the salad/cheese/desert sections was room temperature (even though the fridge tables "were working"). With a few exceptions, everything else, I found to be salty, undercooked/overcooked and bland.
- Our room appeared to be clean….. but "appear" is the word. On one occasion, our fridge leaked on the floor and some bed sheets got wet. I feel guilty for not complaining at the time, but the maid just fixed the bed, tucking the wet sheets under the mattress. The bed sheets were changed once (I believe) for the whole week.
- I'm a very active person and wasn't aware that this hotel is enjoyed mainly by older vacationers, looking for a quiet time at the beach. The entertainment staff worked hard trying to organize a volleyball game, but no one was interested. I've decided that that wasn't going to prevent me from getting my dose of fitness. So, came the next disappointment. There is no gym in the hotel. The gym was on the street next to the hotel in a little room with no air conditioner and with equipment from the 60s, that was so gross, that I couldn't even imagine that I can touch.
There were other minor things that I didn't like, but …
Here are some of the positive observations.
-Front desk, waiters, and entertainment staff were friendly, respectful, and helpful. Special thanks to Manny, the front desk manager, who went out of his way to accommodate us with a better room.
-There is plenty of shade and space on the beautiful beach, so you don't have to wake up early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana