Had the most amazing two week holiday.
Hotel is lovely and in a lovely location. The only blip in the holiday was some guests had their rooms broken into. We were located on the ground floor opposite Carribean St, which is renound for rooms being targeted. Thankfully our room was not touched, but five others were. This seems to be an ongoing issue that really needs to be dealt with. We came back to the room twice to find the maid had left the patio unlocked.
This said we still had an amazing time and met some lovely people and can't praise the hotel staff enough. I can honestly say I have never met more well mannered and pleasant staff, they were all amazing.
I would say don't shop on Carribean Street as the prices are ridiculous and you are harrassed to buy.
Also the prices in the hotel shop are ridiculous. If you need to buy anything there are free buses from the hotel taking you to supermarkets and shopping centres.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana