We visited the Riu the first week of June. This was our first trip to the DR but our 10th all inclusive trip. The hotel itself is nice, the beach is wonderful and we had a great check-in. However, the food at this resort is less than desire able. I had the same thing for breakfast everyday. The lunch buffet served the same things also. The ala carte restaurants were so-so as well. My husband and I are far from picky eaters and this was the worst selection of food :-(. My only other complaint is that the entertainment seemed to be geared to an older crowd. We are in our 30's and would have loved to hear some music released in 2014.
We traveled with another couple who was also expecting more from a Riu....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana