My wife and I stayed here from June 15 to 19. While the place is beautiful, great food, nice rooms, very nice pool/beach, our vacation was marred by a reception agent named Raphael.
I was informed that reservations for the specialty restaurants had to be made in advance, and I called the hotel a week ahead and was told I couldn't do that and all would be explained at check in.
Raphael checked us in, and I asked about a reservation for that night and he said nothing was available for 6:30, only for the 9:00 time. Way too late for us. So he said we had to have the buffet, but he would make the reservations for the next 3 nights at the specialty restaurants for us. He even wrote them down for us. Well, he never made any reservations, he lied about that, as the next morning I checked and was told he did not have the authority to make them, I had to go make them myself at a special desk. They had no record of any reservations, so lucky I checked or we would have had nothing.
He must have been annoyed, because we booked a room away from the pool where it is very quiet, and we informed him that we wanted a quiet area. He suddenly "upgraded" us to a room overlooking the pool, where loud blasting music goes on until well after midnight. We had a huge lack of sleep, and should have changed the room, but we didn't know it went on every night.
And I mean real loud blasting music. We contacted the manager after the 3rd night and he offered to move us, but it was too much effort for one night, so we put up with it and couldn't wait to get out of there. In short, our vacation was ruined by this man Raphael. Nice place, but we will never go back because of this experience.
What was never told to us was that the procedure is you have to go to a special desk from 7-10 every morning for the reservations, and Raphael never told us that, he just lied and said he made them. A real professional!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana