“I would rate the property as "ok".” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Macao

You added Hotel Riu Palace Macao to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Palace Macao
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #27 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Avondale, Arizona
“I would rate the property as "ok".”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here when I went to the DR for the first time and I have to say it was an ok experience. It is not for young adults who are looking for more to do. The pool bars and most of the activities if any close around 5 or 6 pm. My ocean view room was right above the main entertainment area and lobby bar and when I did have to head to bed a little earlier it was hard to sleep with the loud music they had playing which they do once a week I believe as their entertainment and you can dance down there if you'd like. Nothing special. Food wasn't either. I'll choose to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had our honeymmon here and to be honest I can not find any real fault. The service was second to none and from the moment we arrived we were treated like kings and queens. The staff were professional and curtius. My glass was never empty.
The food was out of this world, lots of different meats and fish to chose from and a wide range of salads and vegtables to chose from.
The deserts were also outstanding.
The rooms were cleanned on a daily basis and clean towles were also daily changed.
I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone. Great honeymoon. thanks you

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just got back from a 10 night stay with my husband . First time I've done all inclusive. Think I've just been spoilt!!!! Suitable for all ages although we do have kids it was nice to be in a hotel adults only. The hotel is very clean and all the staff are very polite and do not make you feel unwelcome which I have experienced in Spain. The buffet restaurant is exceptional although we only tried the Japanese it was ok but put us off the others the buffet was enough. We went with thomson who where helpful and always on hand. We took the trip to Samoa Island which was well worth it however the food was poor. The entertainment is about the same as butlins However that aside the hotel on a whole is very much worth a visit

Lake Luzerne, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I got married to the man of my dreams on 5/31/14. Our friends had gone to the Riu last year and suggested that we all go together on a group trip for our honeymoon. We traveled as a group of 12 people. My husband and I had high hopes because of all the good things our friends had told us. The Riu has exceeded all our expectations. The food, service and staff were excellent. Room service was included and was quick. The hotel was very clean and had many activities that were free, such as sailing and kayaking. Every day in the pool, the employees would start the day with aerobics and would include the guests in activities. Because of this, our group met and became friends with many of the other guests. The shows at the Riu were better than the shows I have seen in Vegas. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to eat, drink and play for one all inclusive price.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've just returned from an amazing 10 night Thomson honeymoon in this beautiful paradise! It was brilliant from start to finish! On arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by friendly staff who spoke excellent English, with a fruit punch for everyone. All the required information including a hotel map (which really came in handy) was handed to us and while we were inspecting our gorgeously decorated honeymoon room, our bags were delivered. The bed had been made beautifully with petals, Such a lovely touch...although we do wish we would have booked a suite room as the view wasn't very good, we overlooked some trees in room 3318. The room had a fully stocked fridge with Pepsi (Thankfully, I prefer this!), mini bar, toiletries and coffee machine. We ate in some of the Al La Carte restaurants, our favourite being The Steak House. The steak was so yummy! Although we preferred to eat at the main buffet restaurant, it had excellent choice and had themed nights. The desserts were sometimes the same, but that was fine. Breakfast was the best, we ate pancakes and croissants, plus you can request the chef to make omelettes, so much choice. We always sat on the first two seats in the restaurant and our waiter was lovely. He travelled 8 hours to work and always had a massive smile on his face. The hotel overall is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in and the maids were friendly and attentive. We tried every single mouthwatering cocktail and most days were drinking strawberry daiquiri's by 10am! We loved the local Mamajuana, such a distinct taste and totally addictive! The pools were always very clean and there were plenty of sun loungers. We did a Thomson excursion to Saona because they advertised white linen sands but I preferred our hotel beach, it was outstanding! Our only issue was with some very loud Americans on our last night, but even this did not taint the holiday at all. I think that they honestly don't know how loud they are sometimes, so as long as you pack some ear plugs just in case, this would be the perfect 5 star paradise honeymoon destination!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor in room 3318 and it was a lovely room although not the best view.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and myself had a great stay here between 28/5 and 7/6 from the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly polite staff who made us feel very welcome , our room was of a good standard with a comfortable bed the room was cleaned every day , at meal times we used the buffet service which gave plenty of choice and all cooked to a good standard ,it was my birthday while we were there and the staff trimmed our room up with balloons and made displays with towels and flower petals it was lovely . over all we could not fault this holiday the staff work hard making sure you get good service be it in the restaurant , bar, round the pool or room service .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
LTNJET
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just returned from a very good weeks stay at the Riu Palace Macao. Check in was handled quite quickly considering the large number of us doing so, we were almost last to get our keys and set off in the direction of our room. I had emailed in advance to ask for a high floor room on the front of the hotel so was a little surprised when we found ourselves on the ground floor at the back of the hotel and facing the kitchens/dustbins. A swift return to Reception followed and were asked to be moved as the room allocated had little natural light and the view was not acceptable. We were told that nothing could be done for that night but we would be moved the next day for definite, this accepted we resolved to stay in room 3099 that night. As soon as we returned to the room I received a call advising a sea view room had been found and would we move straight away to it ? This we did and the difference was amazing, a high floor and an ocean view!Our grateful thanks to Widy who handled our problem.
Apart from our initial problem we could not have been more pleased with the hotel. The location, beach, food and the amazing staff made this a memorable holiday. The 'Steakhouse' restaurant is a very good alternative to the main buffet restaurant, but even here you will be spoilt for choice of food on offer.
The pool area gets quite busy but there are always plenty of sun beds available here and on the beach. It is a shame that the 'habit of reserving sunbeds' has found its way to this Caribbean island.
All in all an excellent property with good facilities for all, young and older.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 3099 !
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Macao? Share your experiences!