If you check out beaches first as we do I don't think you will be disappointed. We just came back on January 24th after a one week stay. As I said the beach and water are wonderful. There were 6 of us traveling and never had a problem finding beach chairs together.
There are just 2 pools,one a swim up bar pool, nice size,and the other wasn't really big but there was always room to swim. There was a fun water exercise class everyday. Actually there was outdoor activities all day if you wanted.
The people in charge of activities were a lot of fun. They were also the dancers for the pre-shows and they danced with the tourists in the evening. They never stopped. They were there from morning till night. Great personalities.
We had a room with a king bed. Very clean and pretty. Nice shower. The negative is even though the air was on and had a big fan, it could not keep up with the humidity. Even our clothes in the closet and drawers seemed damp. There was a slight musty oder also. I have seen some others mentioned this in their reviews.
The place where the indoor shows took place really smelled musty. The entertainment was pretty good. As good as it gets on islands.
The food. Some very good, some not so much. They like to deep fry a lot. We liked the buffet. They went all out setting up a table for 6. We enjoyed Krystal restaurant the best. It was specified as fusion. Don't know what that means but the shrimp dish was excellent. Went back a second time. No problem with making reservations except for the steakhouse. Never made it to that one.
I can tell you this. If you enjoy a nice glass of wine, red or white, you won't here. We like dry reds. Horrible isn't a strong enough word. Even simple things like an iced tea......no good. The usual island drinks were fine. They push Mama Juanas which we did like...a lot.
All and all we loved it. The people are nice and accommodating and all 6 of us give it a thumbs up
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana