Overall the hotel is nice and clean. The food is very good and we didn't struggle to make any choices at any point. We tried a meal in the Japanese but it was awful and walked out before finishing the main course. The Krystal was very nice and would recommend. Other than the 2 occasions we eat in the buffet which was very nice with more than enough choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
When we arrived we had to ask for our welcome drink, once in the room we commented it smelt damp which was ignored. We opened the patio door for a while to air the room and it seemed ok. One night I woke up in the middle of the night to use the loo and flux the bathroom and entrance to the room under about an inch of water, there was heavy rain so we weren't sure if it came in under the door but it didn't happen again.
The entertainment team worked hard and were friendly. There was a group of 10 of us on New Years eve and we were all bored, the choice of location and entertainment was poor. As other people have said the drinks are of poor quality and watered down.
Upon packing to leave I found some of clothes covered in mould when I got them out of the cupboard. When I told reception they weren't interested at all. I also asked to change some money up to leave the country they gave me completely the wrong amount which caused major problems.
Would I go back? No. It's a case of been there done that but wasn't that great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana