We had our honeymoon here 10th - 18th December and had beforehand read many reviews of this holiday destination - some we laughed at and some - well - we just wanted to wait to get there to compare.
We could not fault the RIU - we had more upsets and disappointment with our holiday rep!
The hotel - extremely clean - the staff - could not do enough - we did not see one single miserable staff member or unhelpful person the entire time.
We got upgraded with our room - without asking. Our room was so well kept - it was like walking into a new room each time.
The alcohol -definitely NOT watered down!
Don’t worry about constant tipping – a couple of dollars here and there to perhaps the same staff who will then look after you – goes a long way.
The food – how anyone could say they struggled to find anything to eat – what planet were you on? Every possible palate was catered for. I did however struggle with the themed restaurants – steak house could not cook a blue steak – but the chef in the main buffet did!
Were there faults – hell yes –But it’s the other guests - who blatantly ignored the polite requests of staff and notices NOT to reserve sun beds – there were plenty to go around and we never worried about such silly behaviour.
The pool maintenance – carries on till 0800 but idiots diving into the pool pre 0800 whilst staff still trying to get the pool area ready for guests!
The entertainment team were brilliant! Worked long hours but always there to fill the day with a variety of activities IF you wanted to join in.
All in all – we got exactly what we wanted – 7 days total rest and relaxation with no worries.
And no, the waitress’s skirts were not too short!!!!!!
The star rating – please remember it’s a rating to the location and not a world rating……..
Would we go back - Hell yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana