we just got back from 3 weeks at the Riu Macao and let me start by saying the riu macao is one of the best 5* rated hotels in the Caribbean,
the food was what we expected from a riu in the carribbean although it was better than some other 5* hotels we have stayed in.
No one we talked to in the 3 weeks we where there had any tummy complaints and my wife would be the first to get sick if there was any thing wrong with the food.
change your money before you go as the hotel rates are a lot lower than the banks (hotel 52 to the pound bank 64 to the pound)
I would take dollars if I new what I know now as every thing is priced in us dollars,
the animation team work very hard to keep you entertained with games like French bowls and archery etc can't do enough for you.
the waiter's are there when you have finished your drinks and don't hold there hands out for tips like at some hotels we have stayed in.
if you like a drink of tea I would take your own tea bags as the ones in the hotel or a bit week.
the coffee shop is a nice touch with lot of choice of coffee /cakes and sandwiches all day.
we did go to all alacate restaurants but found the buffet to be the best with lots of choice .
if you are celebrating a special occasion and let the hotel no they make your room up which they did for my wife's 40th birthday and let the restaurant no to and they will also make your table up to
pools were nice plenty of sun loungers and double loungers in the pool and beach was lovely with a nice breeze no need to get up at daft a clock as there are plenty.
rooms are large and clean with super kingsize bed and this was not an upgrade with a big walk in shower (no bath) take shampoo has there is only conditioner and shower gel.
mick and donna if you read this review please get in touch has we lost your email. 733145.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana