We stayed in the Riu Punta Cana in June and both agree it was one of the best holidays we've ever had. The rooms were exactly as described, very comfortable and the hotel itself was lovely.
We only ate once in one of the restaurants as we were always happy with the different food available on the buffet. The breakfast buffet was a highlight every morning - there was nothing you could want for as the selection was huge and the staff were always around to cater for your every need.
The staff all work very very hard to ensure that the guests stay is as relaxed as possible, a special mention has to go to Gil who brought drinks to the beach - a real asset to the hotel. Always around when you needed a drink and always with a smile on his face.
There were very few negatives - the alcohol on offer wasn't great , especially having only the local lager to drink which was pretty poor. The spirits seemed to be local stuff in branded bottles - Stoli in the room for example was clearly not Stoli.
Another slight negative was how often the staff would be up and down the corridors in the morning and at the door throughout the day for different housekeeping work. Going back to the room for an afternoon nap was disturbed by constant trundling of trolleys up and down the corridors.
I'd definitely return however as it was one of the best and most relaxed holidays I've ever had.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Macao
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Fareportal , Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.