We came back just a week ago, and have to say that for what we were looking for, this was just wonderful.
We only booked it six weeks in advance and all we wanted was good weather, a nice beach and a good hotel. We really enjoyed it all.
The hotel itself was very clean, spacious and the bedrooms were as described in the brochure - a very few minor issues such as the bed runner was a tad tatty etc but nothing that spoilt the holiday or gave us need to complain. Staff were courteous and helpful, room service was always complete by the time we returned to the room around 6pm ish and the restuarants and pool area were spotless.
We always go 5* all inclusive for ease, and we agreed that although at the end of the day its still buffet food, it was certainly the best buffet out of any other hotel we have visited. Plenty of choice, always hot and beautifully presented. We knew about having to book the themed restaurants before we went so we made sure to book all four in advance on out first few days. Unfortunately nothing to get excited about, a lot of the food served was similar to the buffet however it was nice to be served at the table and have a menu to select from - stopped us from overeating for four days at least!
Drink options were also some of the best out of the hotels we have been too, plenty of cocktails to choose form and they did serve branded drinks, smirnoff, jim bean etc - you just had to specify that you wanted them as you were goven the home brands as standard. Also, if you coffee fiends like us, please dont expect too much however make sure you visit the small coffee bar in the main lobby - definitely the best coffee on the complex and whislt we didn't partake ourselves, we were impressed to find 24 hour snacks available in the coffee bar such as cakes, fruit, sandwiches and nachos. We use to have breakfast at the buffet and then collect a take away coffee when wandering down to the beach.
My only gripe, and this is purely a personal view, was the constant entertainment ongoing around the pool. The entertainment crew were friendly and ceratinly didnt bother you to join in but from around 09:30 until 15:00 there was nonstop announcements and music and as its quite a small pool area, theres no escape. Like I said, for those who enjoy partaking or watching the entertainment then this is not even an issue but personally for me it was a bit constant. That said, the beach is wonderful and so we spent many days down there so you don't even notice. Another positive was that you never had to scramble for a lounger - there were plenty on the beach and at the pool, although waiter service on the beach is a lot more sporadic than at the pool.
Overall we had a lovely time, with no complaints. We would definitely reccommend the hotel to anyone looking to go to the Dominican Republic. If you are looking for a lovely hotel, to relax and enjoy the gorgeous weather on a beautiful beach then this hotel is certainly reccomended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana