My girlfriend and I have just returned from a two week stay (28th May - 12th June). We are both in our late 20s and were looking for a nice relaxing break together, which we definitely got regardless of the whole "American Student Invasion" in our first week. Yes, they were a bit loud and annoying but it certainly didn't spoil anything for us. There were a few Tiger Woods esc shrieks of "wahhooooooo", "get in the hole" and "lets do a shot".....but this is to be expected when Americans are around (regardless of age) - there were plenty in their mid-50s doing the same thing once this group had gone home, they just had less of an impact because they were in smaller groups. Its called being American.
I won't go on about the various aspects of the hotel as much has already been said already. The beach is perfect, the food is good, the drink was excellent, the room (side garden view) was very nice, and the service from everyone was brilliant. The weather was near enough perfect too bar a couple of cloudy days at the end.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice relaxing beach break in paradise. However, if you are pool people, I would probably recommend the Riu Palace Punta Cana as opposed to the Macao as the pool was nothing special at all I thought. Unless you are someone who finds fault in everything, you will thoroughly enjoy this place (and I am sure this whole student thing was a one off as none of the reviews I ready before going had anything like this). Excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana