After booking for 16 nights to stay in the Riu Bambu next door and after 6 nights we decided to upgrade to the Palace for the rest. It was the best decision we made. After staying in the Bambu it was paradise found. I will now only ever stay in a Palace, as to me the extra money it costs is well worth it, and it makes your holiday.
Any one who has complained about this hotel may want to try a week at the Bambu, then think about it again. The food here was fantastic compared to the Bambu, the service was out of this world, as at the Bambu you don't have waiter service at any time, only one drink at dinner. You have to walk to the pool bar if your on the beach to get a drink - and its not close by. Here at the Palace your treated far better and the waiter is round every 15 mins with a tray of drinks and shouts "Drinky Drinky time" to make sure your not dehydrated. Wonderful!!!!
Twice daily maid service, 24 hour room service and a turn down service, little things that make it special, you were lucky if you got maid service once a day at the Bambu.
Yes its a little old, but in November they are opening the new Riu Palace Bavaro, and at this point the Macao will be closed for modernisation for a few weeks. So it will be fresh and new furniture etc will be installed.
I will return to this hotel or even try the new Palace, but will never visit the Bambu again, I have now been spoilt rotten.
I loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana