“Value and fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Bambu

Save Saved
You added ClubHotel Riu Bambu to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Bambu
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Special Offer
Ranked #65 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Amsterdam
“Value and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Probably the one with the fewest stars of a few connected RIU hotels in Punta Cana. But probably also the cheapest one when you booked it. I have seen all the hotels and it was actually one of my favs. It is less crowded, no rowdy teens, not overpopulated with noisy Americans, but a more quiet European-south american crowd. The lobby is nice, so is the pool. Rooms are a bit dull, but that is not why you are here I guess. You walk to the beach via another RIU hotel in about 5-7 minutes. Very nice hotel all in all!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

2,938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Polish first
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We travel a lot, but I could never say I want to come back. This is the first resort that I would go back to.
I am not easy to please and can be picky, but there wasn't anything I could complain about.
The beach is amazing, with lots of palm trees, white send, clean water, just paradise, one of the nicest beaches I've seen.
We love swimming, playing in the water, long walks on the beach, we love watching sun rise and we could do it all.
Great entertainment, the staff are really funny, there are lots of activities on the beach and by the pool.
Food at the buffet was good, we really enjoy the Italian restaurant.
One of the best vacations. Would certainly go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's been a while since I stayed here; it was a 5 night visit. I thought the property was fantastic - beautiful, large, clean, friendly & helpful staff. There are adjoining "sister" properties; but it seemed like this was the one that had the most fun activities; and I noticed guests from the other properties were spending time here. I was a bit apprehensive before arriving; based on reviews read here. Rest assured; this is a great place. I had no complaints at all. I'm not a 5* traveler; and try adhere to the "When in Rome" saying. I have to laugh when people complain about dirty grout in the bathroom; or that the room was too dark. Really?... Just Do It! Go & enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: We asked for a 2nd floor room located in a quiet area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went on this trip with my parents to RIU Bambu.. I was totally impressed with the service from the rooms, to event staff, to the waiters and waitresses. I found the rooms to not be deluxe, especially since we were supposed to two queen beds and we clearly had full beds. We also had a problem with ants but they were very attentive to it for us.

I would definitely stay there again. I enjoyed both the quiet and party pools and even tried to Kayak in the ocean. The Caribbean Street party was probably the coolest entertainment of the week.

Down sides: the gym was shoddy, unairconditioned and not worth planning to use but you are right on the ocean.. so run on the beach.
The room was not deluxe.

Up sides;
The bar in the room was good and the staff was great about giving us what we wanted in it.
The hotel was right on the beach, it was great..
There were three pools.. one with a bar, one with lots of people, and then one that was quiet to the side.
The clientele was European and Canadian mostly... they did many of their activities in several different languages.
The beach was public and lots of people European sunbathed so it was a cool and relaxed setting..
We enjoyed playing bingo each night.

Overall, I don't think All inclusive is my style.. but this was a good experience and a great value.. met interesting people and enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: We heard that people asked to switch to rooms closer to the main hall and got much better ones. I th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I returned home yesterday from RIU Bambu, I have to say this was the best holiday I've been on so far! Hotel was spotless, so were the rooms. You even get a FREE mini bar in your room which is re filled every second day. You are given fresh beach towels everyday and there are always plenty of sun loungers by the pool or on the beach. You also get the gardeners walking round with fresh coconuts everyday which are also free. No one actually expects a tip but they are always very grateful if you do. The Thomson rep wasn't the most helpful but the hotel staff always are. Cant wait to return :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend just flew home from the Dominican Republic and we absolutely loved it. The Riu Bambu Hotel was perfect and I cannot understand why most of the reviews are so bad. Before we went I was very nervous because I kept reading really bad stuff but honestly it was amazing. We arrived late afternoon and we were welcomed with drinks and a brief explanation of how things work, we were not expected to carry our luggage to the rooms and we had a guide to show us where our rooms were as the hotel was so big. On arrival we were given cards for fresh towels to use around the pool/beach, a map of the hotel and a list of the restauants and times etc which was very helpful. The reception service was very professional and they did everything we asked within 10 minutes. The staff in the colonial restaurant were very friendly and we always had a Smile and Hola! The hotel was very clean with someone constantly sweeping and clearing glasses etc. The food was very nice with a wide variety of chioces. I think there was something for everyone. I am a very fussy eater and I do not eat meat and I didn't find it hard to have 3 lovely meals a day. My boyfriend loves meat and thought everything was of a very high standard we enjoyed everything including the Mexican cuisine which was very nice. We were not ill at all and everything was cooked perfectly. The room was lovely very clean and the maids always made pretty birds and decoratations with the towels. The rooms were cleaned everyday, we were given fresh sheets and towels and the room was always finished by the time we had finished our breakfast. The hotel had a bit of everything, if you enjoy activities during the day and entertainment the main pool was very lively and you could enjoy a drink and join in with the fun however if you are a bit like us and enjoy a more quiet peaceful and relaxing holiday there were two more pools which you can go to that are perfect for that too. The beach was absolutely amazing and looks like a postcard, every photo we took looked like a backdrop! We had beautiful weather the whole time there was only one storm and that was in the middle of the night. The evening entertainment was also very good and went on for just the right length of time as I do not like to go to bed too late. I do not have any complaints at all, the only thing I would say is the Bavaro Spash Excursion that we went on via Thomson was a real let down, very expensive and not worth the time. I would advise to keep your money and stay on the beach! Overall we highly recomend this hotel to anyone and we spoke to many people who really loved it as well. My boyfriend and I will definately be returning to this resort and hotel and please do not worry about all of the horrible reviews like I did. It was PERFECT :)

• Stayed September 2013
Grafton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

did square deal with friends, same old thing, rooms smelled, no room service for 3 days, people that worked there were not friendly at all. I said hola about 2 times in a week. It was like camping! Self serve, because nobody was there to do anything. But,you get what you paid for, talking to others at the better hotels, their service was great. So I stopped complaining and went to the ocean where it is beautiful. Note: If you are a beer drinker you will be in trouble. Start drinking booze and better just bring your own top shelf stuff. Back to Mexico...

Room Tip: A good room is one that doesn't smell like septic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to ClubHotel Riu Bambu? Share your experiences!