“Had an Awesome Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Dominicana Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Dominicana Hotel to your Saves list
Iberostar Dominicana Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro | Higuey, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #20 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Chicago
“Had an Awesome Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My daughter (14) and I went on vacation to this Iberostar. I've never been to an Iberostar before and thought it was terrific. The people there were so incredibly friendly and helpful! The room was huge for the two of us and very clean. We were very right on the beach, which was a beautiful, clean white sand. There were shops all along the way to the beach so you could pick up whatever you might need or want. They had a pharmacy just in case. The pool was great...huge with several different depths. We loved the buffet. They had different 'theme nights' like Mexican night, International Night, etc. We ate at the Steakhouse one night. I have to say one of the best steaks I've ever had! (and I'm from the midwest!!) My only two complaints were that after the first night, our clock stopped working and we couldn't get anyone to replace it (but we did have the do not disturb sign up). Also, the towel shop hours were too short. Otherwise we had a wonderful time and I recommend this resort to everyone! My husband and I just went to Curacao and it was a terrible resort. Punta Cana was amazing!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Dominicana Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Dominicana for your vacations and for taking the time to post a review about your experience among us.
We would like to express how pleased we are to read that the excellent service of our staff and the variety of our gastronomy were the reason why you and your daughter felt as “Stars” on vacation as we aim in Iberostar.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your disposition for further assistance prior your return.

2,947 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited Punta Cana for the very first time with two of my girl friends in September 2013. I've previously stayed at Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba. A second time in Cuba at Riu... which I had wished was Iberostar! So for this vacation, I was determined to stay at an Iberostar Resort. No regrets! The resort grounds and services was all up to par, perfect as I had expected for Iberostar. We stayed at the Dominicana side of the resort. At first we were a bit disappointed that our rooms were on the first floor, so far away from the lobby and that it was right behind the beach buffet. But it turned out to be the best location! In the Dominican heat... we were thankful that it was only a 1 minute walk to the pool, and a 1 minute back into our room's beautiful A/C haha (without climbing stairs!) We loved that everything was so nearby and easily accessible. The pool, beach buffet (plus beach bar!), and beach are all located together in one area. It was great because we were never bored. If there was something going on at the beach, you could easily see. And vice versa for the pool. Endless energy, fun and excitement. The hotel grounds are very well kept and beautiful. The same goes with the beach as well, very minimal garbage and debris! It also rained several days during our stay. Our tours were cancelled so we spent our rainy days at the hotel - which is not a bad thing! We still had tons of fun. The Star Friends are like professional entertainers... we were constantly impressed. Definitely stay up and go to their shows at the ampitheatre, you will not be disappointed. On our last night, they did a covers of several songs, such as lady gaga, beyonce, gangnam style, etc. Absolutely amazing. The Star Friends are friendly and hilarious. We went to pick up our towels, and the towel guy introduced himself as "Cappuccino" hahaha. We didn't realize that he was a star friend until the last day we saw him perform. There was also Pablo "Picaso" (Montero) and "Chocolate". Our absolute favourites! We were pulled into a dance lesson on the Punta Cana side at night by Pablo and his team. As much as we died of embarrassment because he picked on us, it was all fun and laughs. He made our night :) We also had a very favourite bartender, "Leovaldo Franco", whom we named "Smiley guy". He is ALWAYS smiling. You can't miss it, it's there. Always. He tends to his customers very well, and is also very entertaining, polite and charming. When our drinks were almost done, he brought us new refills before we even asked for them. One afternoon we asked him for mamajuana shots just to try. Turned out it was bit too strong for us. He was a tease, he ran after me with my mamajuana shot hahaha. Other things like our hotel room was perfect as well. Clean. Nothing stolen. Mini-fridge well kept - with new bottles of water everyday (even when we haven't touched the previous ones). Make sure to bring a water float for the pool. The pool is wonderful that it has different depths. A strange thing was that it didn't smell like chlorine. Though, it was still very clean. The water is a bit odd to swim in, a bit denser I suppose. But it was wonderful coming out of the water and not smelling like chlorine. The food was spectacular. On our first night, it was Oriental night. I eat oriental at home every night... so we didn't really find it appetizing. However we regret not trying out everthing that night! I am sure it was delicious. We had an a la carte for Oriental food. And oh my god it was delicious. They had TOFU CHEESECAKE. I don't know how it is possible, but it was the best cheesecake I ever had. The buffet has different themes everyday, so you will never be bored of the food. We miss this place so much! Especially the beach and the staff. We are definitely coming back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: On the first floor right behind the beach buffet/next to the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Hotels and Resorts as the destination for your holiday and also for taking the time to post a review about your experience at Iberostar Dominicana.
We are very pleased and honored to acknowledge that the beauty of our premises, the wide options for daily and nightly entertainment, the excellent service and friendliness of our staff as well our exquisite international cuisine met your expectations based on your previous experience at Iberostar Laguna Azul in Cuba. As you well know, those are very important aspects for us and the key to the success of our services and facilities in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again; please do not forget contact us before arrival to help you to enjoy your next vacations with us,
Kindest regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

First time to the DR, and first time to Iberostar Dominicana. I read A LOT of reviews and could not make up my mind, but am glad I chose the Iberostar Dominicana. First off its a Big Resort (3 or 4 hotels on the same property), which I loved. I went during the end of Sept/beginning of Oct and the Resort wasn't too crowded nor did it have too many familes/children (which I loved because there was never a wait at the buffet and I could always find a spot on the beach). I requested a king size bed and a room that wasn't on the 1st floor, the Resort honored my requests and tried their best to accomodate me. Rigoberto at the front desk is really helpful, always had a smile, and was always very professional! My cleaning lady was great (Laudia I think), she always kept the fridge stocked. Never had any problems with the room or service. Shout out to all the staff who helped keep my stay at this resort AMAZING. Everyone who worked there always had a smile on thier face, and greeted you, they were hard-working and I recommend you tip every chance you get (DONT BE STINGY!!) Not a big meat-eater but always found something to eat at the buffet, all the seafood was amazing! The A-La Carte Restaurantes are fabolous. The resort is clean, and safe. They have animals running around the resort which I thought was cool (Turtles, Chickens, Flamingos, Ducks, etc.). **BIG PLUS: The water at the resort is all filitered (except the water from your bathroom), which means no need for water bottles everywhere you go, you can just get from the tap! There is always something to do at the resort, the resort staff walk around organizing games/shows/events to make sure guests have a good time. I will be returning to the DR in the very near future and will probably end up at the Iberostar Dominicana again!! A couple of tips:
1)WiFi is NOT free it's about $3/hour, $10/day, $25/3days, etc. (and it is only available in the lobby and by the pool)
2)Be sure to tip!!
3)Watch your attitude (this one is for my fellow Americans -DONT BE @$$holes!)
4)You will have fun as long as you have the right attitude.
5)Sunscreen & Aloe Vera (DONT LEAVE WITHOUT)

Room Tip: My Room: 4219 King-Size Bed + Balcony, right by ICE Machine; Not the best view, but it sufficed (who...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Dominicana Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos, we thank you for posting a review about your experience at Iberostar Dominicana and for choosing our hotel for your first vacation at the Dominican Republic.
Thank you for highlighting out the excellent service provided by our friendly staff in all areas of our hotel premises. In Iberostar we aim to ensure our guests to “enjoy being a Star”. We have congratulated Claudia and Rigoberto that their service made a difference during your visit.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your entire disposition for further assistance before your return.
Peru, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This all inclusive resort (Apple Vacations) was great!! The grounds were fabulous and very well maintained. The rooms were clean, and cool (it was extremely hot and humid). The staff went out of their way to serve and assist you. The drinks were excellent, with as much alcohol added as you wished. One of the swimming pools was closed for repair-we learned of this per email a day or two before we departed home. There were plenty of chairs and the pool was not crowded even though we were sharing it with the neighboring hotel (Iberostar Bavaro). I would definitely stay at this resort again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having chosen Iberostar Dominicana for your holidays and for taking time to post a review about your experience among us.
On behalf of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we would like to express you how pleased we are to read how you highlighted out the friendliness and excellent service of our team who made you feel as a “Star” as we aim in Iberostar.
We will be pleased to welcome you back again; please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
With kindest regards,
Imperial, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

In Sept of 2013 we visited Punta Cana for the third time and the second stay at the Iberostar Dominicana. From the moment we arrived, Alexander "the Great" and Goofy at check in made us feel right at home! We also had the pleasure of meeting David Lopez, the hotel director. We were assigned a great room. Perfect location and great view!

From the moment we stepped on hotel property we were treated as family. Everyone that we encountered was very welcoming and pleasant. Our housekeeper was wonderful and kept our room immaculate. We were in room 3921. Also, all the waitstaff was very attentive and always friendly.

We loved the food. There are several restaurants and lots of choices. Something to eat could be found from early morning til late at night.

Apple Vacations and Iberostar did a couple extras for us that made usael special. A fruit and chocolate tray was delivered to our room one night and on the Friday before we left, we were treated to a cocktail hour and a VERY special dinner. The dinner was a special meal prepared by the chef. After dinner they did a "lotto" and gave out several gifts.

Overall, it was a great place to stay! We already have plans to go back. As a bonus, the hotel is close to the airport!

Room Tip: Enjoyed staying in the suite. More room and a nice sitting area. Our room was on the backside of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
First at all we thank you for having chosen Iberostar Dominicana once again for your holiday and also for taking the time to post a review about your second experience among us.
On behalf of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we would like to express how pleased we are to acknowledge that our friendly team (Alexander and Goofy especiall) made you feel as a “Star” from the first moment you came into our lobby for a second holiday at our hotel. In Iberostar we aim to provide to our beloved guests memorable stays.
We will be glad to welcome you back and remain at your entire disposition for further assistance.
With regards,
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

excelent acommadation.great staff nothing to much trouble for them .food all you could eat and much more . entertainment great .also want to thank franchesca and all the entertaiment team
also like to thank the waiters hamlet /big papa / hoseay cant wait till next time

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
On behalf of Mrs. Helena Santos, hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for posting a review on Tripadvisor.
We are very pleased to acknowledge your positive valuation about the excellent service of our staff, our beautiful premises and our exquisite cuisine. In Iberostar we want our valuable costumers to “enjoy being a Star”.
We are looking forward to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior your return.
Aarschot, Brabant, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

It was the perfect vacation. Dream come true. Paradise!!! But you really have to go for more then 10 days! At least 14 days!!!! Our vacation was to short! The people of the hotel were amazing. Never felt more like a princes then when i was there! i didn't wanna leave! And at home, i immediately looked if i could go back a few months later. I almost booked another vacation. But yeah if i had the money i would have done it!! No i really want to go back as soon as possible! Thanks to everybody we have known there. You have become real friends in that short time! Thanks to: Johnny Romeo and his friends (from the gift shop in the shopping street), Franzua and Hamlet and Jose and natividad (from the restaurant service), Edwin and Goofy (from the reception), and everybody from the star friends team like Jeandra, chocolate, Capuchino, pantera, josefine, maria, and everyone else!!! If you want to do a tour you should definitely go swimming with dolphin explorer and choose the most expensive excursion. it is 45 minute swimming and doing tricks. Wow! Amazing!!! Definitely go with the catamaran to Saona island and not to mention the trip to san pedro cheval!!!!! Make sure the photo shoot at the hotel too! Amazing pictures. Really, not joking. It are the most beautiful pictures i have ever seen !!! and do not save on money when there are pictures and movies of a tour offered on the trips, buy them, certainly the pictures of the excursion to Saona. These moments on picture you have for life and they are beautiful!

Room Tip: In this hotel you have a main building and little separed houses. the houses belong to the more expe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Dominicana Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for having chosen Iberostar Dominicana for your holidays and also for taking the time to post some comments about your stay among us.
On behalf of the hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos; we would like to express how motivated we are to read that the excellent service of our friendly team made you feel as a “princess” as you stated in your review. In Iberostar we want our valuable costumers to “enjoy being a Star”. We have communicated all those staff members whose service made a difference during your stay.
We kindly ask you to write us before your next visit; it will be a pleasure for all of us to welcome you back.
With regards,

Been to Iberostar Dominicana Hotel? Share your experiences!