If like us you saw that two weeks of sun in Europe would cost the same as the Dominican.....have a serious think about what you will get, it's not what the pictures show my friends!
The beaches are first class, the sea warm and the sun is heavenly.....now the buts.
You will have stomach troubles, the food menus are repetitive (boring), excursions are the only thing to do off the resort (disappointing and little staged) and the locals are friendly but it seems mostly to allow them to get at your cash.
I get the feeling it's a place big corporations have tapped into for cheap land and labour. They build a functioning resort then ship you in on mass.
The resort is ok but tired and no amount of painting or cleaning will change the fact it needs in areas a face lift or redevelopment.
My advice if you like lots of booze, food and doing nothing then it could be for you...but you'll need a strong stomach that copes with upsets and poor hygiene standards.
If you want to relax, feel safe, wander into town, etc, don't go you'll be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beautiful, kilometre-long beach of Bavaro. Tropical gardens. Elegant Caribbean flair. Top 5-star luxury. 11 restaurants. First–Class international shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Bavaro Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Punta Cana
- Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana
- Bavaro Punta Cana
- Dominican Republic Bavaro
- Bavaro Cana Punta
- Iberostar Bavaro Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Bavaro
- Iberostar Hotel Punta Cana
- Iberostar Dominican Republic