It has taken me some time to get around to this so I will give it to you fast and straight to the point.
There is not such thing as premium liquor unless you see it in the pictures and then maybe you see some Absolute here and there. YOU CANNOT DRINK THE TAP WATER and must drink bottled water...so are you washing dishes in the water and making ice with bottle water? All I know is we all had G.I. issues after 5 days of mediocre food. I have never understood why when you go to foreign resorts they do not offer their countries native cuisine as an option. The gnats, bees and flies ate more than we did.
The staff was overworked underpaid and expected to work 7-10 days straight and put on a HAPPY FACE...not the best attitudes and they do expect TIPS. They are counting on it so get ready to open that wallet up and that included the excursions too. They will drive you bonkers about purchasing photos on excursions. We enjoy them, the spa cruise, zip line, muddy 4 wheeling, snorkeling and something else the kids did without us ( 22, 19, 17 year old kids).
Our room was connected to our children and we had issues with spiders, ants and some other strange tropical bug. What can you do you are in a tropical place.
The AC was useless and there was a horrid smell in our room the entire time. They do not like giving you towels and face clothes at all( 1 person per day).
Let talk about the spas Jacuzzi... even the flies would not land in it. You could see the dirt on the the sides and film bubbling up in there....GROSS. We did have great massages and the ladies did excellent hair styling.
This is a family resort so note that the pool will have a TON of unpotty trained children and adults ( yes, the pool is their toilet) . Next we have our smokers and they are in full form without regard to designated smoking areas. I have an issue with it because our daughter has respiratory issues and smoke is not our friend.
Avoid the Asian restaurant and really it amazes me how people can not make pizza, like seriously it was like tomato paste with cheese on some type of dough. I wanted to go back in the kitchen myself and cook.
I am so over it and don't feel like sharing another word. The could not give me a week free...and that is the truth! Now they could give us a week free at the Grand Bavaro and I would be there in a heartbeat.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Punta Cana
- Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana
- Bavaro Punta Cana
- Dominican Republic Bavaro
- Bavaro Cana Punta
- Iberostar Bavaro Dominican
- Iberostar Bavaro Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beautiful, kilometre-long beach of Bavaro. Tropical gardens. Elegant Caribbean flair. Top 5-star luxury. 11 restaurants. First–Class international shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Otel, VISIT US, INC. , Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.