“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Bavaro

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Bavaro to your Saves list
Iberostar Bavaro
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #18 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed with my vife over there first week of september and I was surprised. This hotel it's unforgrttable, we had such a good time. I don't understand those who can write a bad review about this wonderfool hotel and staff.
I need to say that I was very surprised with attention from the general manager Mr. Grubanov, he is excelent person and very helpfull.
My vife is Latina and she was very happy when we findout that he organized cocktail for all Latinos, after that we had to meet him and thank him for that.
We will be back soon!
Than you again Mr. Grubanov, regards from NY!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear guest JamesS,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Bavaro as your holiday’s destination and for taking time to write some comments in Tripadvisor.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov, we are glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed a wonderful holiday due to the kindness and excellent service by our staff. In Iberostar we aim to ensure our guests to “enjoy being a Star”.
Please feel free to contact us before your next visit, we will be happy to welcome you back,
Yours sincerely,

4,624 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just returned from a quick weekend get away Sept 21 thru 24. Let me begin by saying that this was our 4th trip to an Iberostar. The previous visits to Rivera Maya, and it was because of their EXCELLENT customer service that we booked this Iberostar resort. What a difference! We arrived at our destination late due to mechanical issues with the plane so they were not prepared for the arrival. No big deal, we were happy to be here and looking forward for some much needed R&R. After check in the bell boy promptly took us to our room. (we were also traveling with our son & daughter in law/ we like to check out a resort prior to taking the whole family which include two small granddaughters 6 and 2 and another adult son). The bell boy quickly dropped us off at our rooms 2613 & 2614 he was not very friendly, he did not speak to us on the way to the room quickly brought the bags to the door and ran down the steps. My husband did not even have a second to tip him, as his hand was in his pocket getting some money and bam this guy was gone. We both looked a little startled and this service set the tone for the rest of the trip. (let me say here that we do tip and we are also very generous tippers. We are not wealthy people, but we see how hard these people work and feel BLESSED for what we have!)
We quickly changed clothes and headed to the beach as we were hungry and the beach area was the only place to get something before dinner. No apple rep. In sight so off we went. The beach was truly beautiful and the ocean crystal clear. We were a little surprised at the lack of food at the beach bar in comparison to Riveria Maya but no big deal, we are pretty easy to please. After a couple drinks we were headed back to the room to change for dinner. There were vendors set up in the walking paths and quickly the ATTACK began. We were not prepared for this!!!!! We did spend several hundred dollars for very over priced items, I do understand that this is there way to make a living, but they literally would NOT leave us alone even when saying no they would grad you.
Dinner was good at the buffet, and they had a large variety of food for everyone. I later learned that it was Dominican night and we avoided them as much as possible on our way back to the room. Once we arrived at our room we could not get in our keys would not work, we called security from our sons room and quickly security came and let us in. They said our keys should work now and off to sleep we went. (rooms were nice and clean and spacious) The next morning we were up at 5:30 to walk the beautiful beach. When we returned, again we were not able to enter our room. Called security again and they said that the whole mechanism need to be changed and they they would have someone there in 20 minutes. I requested to have the room changed as something did not feel right. They even asked us if we could just leave the door open so they could access it. We decided to stay in the room. After a hour I called the front desk, 20 minutes 20 minutes I was told again. After two hours again I was to,d 20 minutes, 20 minutes. No one seemed to know what was going on and I would have to explain all over again. To make a long story short it took over 3 1/2 hours. We were not able to eat breakfast together as someone needed to stay in the room. After a trip to the front desk and speaking with IVAN someone was finally on their way. Originally they said the lock needed changed and all they wanted to do was have security come and let us in our room when we needed to access it. Finally they changed the locks and off we went to enjoy the beach. During the afternoon we returned to the room and again we could not get in. Back to the front desk and now I'm upset. They still would not change our room and to be honest NO ONE really cared that we were inconvienced with this. I spoke to Alehandro (sorry for spelling) and he was they only one who agreeded that this was a problem. He said that he would speak to the manager and see if there was something that he could do for us. Later that evening I stopped back to see him but he was gone. And believe it or not two more times that night we needed to be let into the room, how can this happen. Now I'm very upset and again no body seems to think that this is an inconvience, which is even more upsetting. I would have settled for a heart felt apology but NO BODY CARED!!!!! I even spoke with Laura the front desk manager she did not care. I spoke with the general manager, when I told him that I would never return he looked at me with a smirk on his face and said "no, you can not say that, this is beautiful" and " if there is something you need just let me know"
Are you kidding me? Are we the only people who seem to think that their is something wrong with this?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear guest
First of all thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Hotels and Resort as your holiday’s destination and for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Iberostar Bavaro.
On behalf of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, Hotel Manager, we truly regret to read that our hotel services could not ensure you a pleasant stay. In Iberostar we are all committed to provide the best service to our beloved guests so that you can “enjoy being a Star” during the holidays, as you experienced in your visit to Mexico. We are very sorry to read that you led our premises with an opposite idea in mind.
We would like to extend you once again our apologies regarding your room lock and keys as we certainly did personally through our Room Division Manager. We try our best to upkeep our premises and not to have reoccurrence of technical problems of this nature. Allow me to clarify though that phones and cameras batteries may interfere in the magnetism of door keys and therefore demagnetize them.
Once again we thank you for your feedback. We would like to reassure you however that this is not a true depiction of our standards of operation at the Iberostar Bavaro.
We kindly invite you to give us another chance to show you our improvements and provide you the service and care you are used to when visiting Iberostar Hotels and Resorts. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Best regards,
Newton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Iberostar hotel was a wonderful place to stay. My wife and I stayed here for 9 nights in August (2012). Exactly 4 weeks earlier we were vacationing in 5 different hotels in Costa Rica and we were constantly on the move getting very little sleep. Why did I mention this- for two reasons- 1st) No matter how nice a hotel is or how great the staff is there are always some people who are NEVER happy. And to them I say why don't you just stay home in your perfect little world? 2and) Because we were so active in Costa Rica it actually took me about 4 days to realize it was OK to just sit by the pool for so many hours during the day. In 2010 we stayed in Iberostar Lindo in Mexico and I must say that's a hard act to follow. Now back to this hotel, our room was 2454, which was only a few minutes walk to the pool or the beach. The room was always very clean thanks to our wonderful housekeeper. We started off by leaving her $2. a day, then $3. dollars, then $5. a day. One day when it was especially hot & humid we saw her in the room and went and got her an ice cream cone. She looked extremely thankful and surprised. A lot of the fun in traveling is trying to connect with the people, and show they are appreciated, they well in return make your vacation more enjoyable. Because we were there for 9 nights we got to eat in all of the restaurants. The food was good, nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about either. Our least favorite restaurant was the Mediterranean. We just didn't like the food and didn't seem to connect with the staff. (the only restaurant we didn't give a tip to anyone). I looked forward to breakfast every morning, the buffet had everything you could possibly want. I'm a light drinker and I only had 1 or 2? drinks in the whole time I was there, but I made up for it at the soft serve ice cream machine down by the back of the pool. The one thing others have mentioned that is true, if you didn't put your towels, books or other stuff on the shady chairs at the pool by 7:30 or so you'd be out of luck. There are signs saying that this is against the rules to reserve chairs but everyone does it anyway. I've been to hotels where after 1 hour of no one sitting there the staff removes the towels and books so that someone else may sit there. One day there were 7 chairs in a row with towels and other stuff in a nice shady spot at 7:30 AM. My wife and I were sitting nearby and those people didn't show up till 4:30 PM. (Yes 9 hours later). They need to put a large card on reserved chairs stating if no one shows up in 1 hour that the towels and stuff will be removed. The hotel grounds are full of all kinds of wonderful birds. My wife saw some parrots in a tree. (I was at the ice cream machine and missed them) There are many different kinds of ducks, herons and flamingos in the water right by the main dining area and it was great fun to feed them and photograph them every morning. One of the staff at the dining area was a young lady by the name of Sofie. We'd see her every morning and she was a sweetheart. We took many walks down the beach and also looked at the 3 other Iberostars- the grand was a morgue compared to the Bavero. The other two didn't have the water with all the birds, fish & turtles. I must mention that it was much easier to get a shady spot by the ocean, the ocean front went fast, but there were plenty of other spots any time of the day. To sum this up, I don't think you can go wrong staying at this hotel, it's in a beautiful location, the rooms as stated were great, the food for the most part was very good, but most important the staff was wonderful which made for a great vacation. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Bavaro, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest bobandsophie,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov, we want to thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay with us and for choosing Iberostar Bavaro as your holiday’s destination.
We are very satisfied to read that you and your wife had a wonderful vacation in our hotel premises and facilities thank to the friendliness of our staff members, our beautiful premises and our varied gastronomy. We appreciate that you highlighted out the service provided by your maid and by Sophie at the buffet. In Iberostar we aim to ensure to our guests to “enjoy being a Star” during their holidays.
We look forward to welcome you back once again. Please feel free to contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.
Yours Sincerely,
Lanzarote
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just a quick review as the majority say the same. Absolutely wonderful hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean and have everything that you would need ie. tea & coffee making facilities, iron and board, safe free of charge. The service in this hotel is second to none and the staff are so very friendly and always happy. The Dominicans are a rare breed in the fact that they dont get stressed over anything at all. They are singing and dancing (with eachother or with the guests) throughout the day. It really was a nice atmosphere here and I want to thank all the staff in my review who made it a special holiday. You can single out anyone, they were all as good as eachother.

The entertainment at the hotel was very good and the guys really did their best every evening to put on a good show. I found that they were a little too energetic too early on in the evening. They wanted you to clap and wave your hands in the air too quickly. We would have been doing it on our own a little later on so no need to get on our backs to do it guys. The shows were very good and you really did get into the atmosphere, I am sure you will enjoy them too. I didn´t do any daytime activities with them as I was too busy on the beach. Its a very beautiful beach too. There was some seaweed but the hotel maintenance staff were there everyday raking it up.

There were just two points that I was not over happy on. The evening meals were not to my liking. I think that there were just 3 nights out of my 9 night stay that I actually enjoyed it. There was plenty to choose from and you could always find something that filled your eyes but it lacked on taste. However, I did come back 3 kilos the wider so it couldn´t have been that bad. The other point was the heat in the restaurant. The restaurant is open on the sides and looks out onto a pond that runs on both sides. It is very nice, with flamingo´s, herons, ducks and other birds to look at. However, the lack of air conditioning made it a sweat box and we couldn´t wait to finish both breakfast and dinner to get some air.

On the fifth day we received a telephone call from the Public Relations Dpt asking if everything was to our liking. I thought this was a great touch and appreciated the call. I did mention about the restaurant and also said that I didnt want to use the themed restaurants because you had to wear long trousers. She told me that at the Steak House you can go in wearing shorts (just so you know). We didn´t go though as I just couldn´t be bothered to make a reservation. Boy I get lazing on holiday.

Just like everybody else, I must comment that the wifi connection is very expensive at 40 usd for 5 days. It was really fast though which surprised me after reading previous comments on how slow it was. I was downloading at one point 100 Meg. The Star Shop and all the other shops within the hotel are way over priced. It felt like "we´ve got you here and we are going to bleed your dry" type of airport shopping feeling. There is a supermarket in Bavaro were everthing is dirt cheap. If you are game for going on the back of a moto taxi you´ll be there in 5 minutes.

Resumen, great hotel, great staff, would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We had room 1294 which was close to the sea and off the ground floor. It was well away from the nig...
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Iberostar Hotels and Resorts for your holidays and for posting a review about your stay at the Iberostar Bavaro.
In the name of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, the Hotel Manager, we would like to express you our satisfaction to read that our beautiful premises, our nightly shows, our gastronomy and the excellent service provided by our staff members ensured you a memorable holiday. In Iberostar we want our beloved guests to “enjoy being a Star”. We are glad to read that you felt so.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, please contact us before your next visit.
With best regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just returned after 2 weeks here, had a fantastic time. Have stayed in many all inclusive resorts and this one is by far the best. Service was excellent, staff always very helpful, pool area & beach were brilliant. Only slight negative was that the nightlife was a little repetitive but all in all had a great time and would recommend this resort to anyone. Special mention to Luis from the entertainment team - alright mate! ;)

Dear guest,
On behalf of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, Hotel Manager and his team, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Bavaro for your holidays and for having taken time to post a review.
We are very pleased to read your positive comments about the beauty of our premises and the service provided by our team. In Iberostar we aim to ensure our guests a memorable holiday. We are pleased to read that yours was “great” as the title of your review shows.
We are looking forward to see you again, we stay at your entire disposition for any request you may have before your next visit,
Kindest regards,
Bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have just returned from our 16th visit to this complex. We normally stay in the Punta Cana but because of the renovations we were put in the Bavaro.

We had a wonderful time as usual. The staff in all the hotels are first class, friendly and very ameniable, from the gardeners, pool cleaners, waiters etc. They work so hard and deserve respect.

The junior suites were wonderful and we did not experience any of the problems posted by others eg: mouldy smell. We had no problems booking into any of the a la carte restaurants and did not have to wait more than 5 minutes to make the bookings.

We had the pleasure of meeting the new director of the Bavaro, Mr Dejan Grubanov who is really nice. A very big thank you goes to Mr David Lopez, Sub Director of the Punta Cana/Dominicana who made our stay very special. He arranged a birthday meal in the Gormet Restaurant for me and although we had left the restaurant, he came to find us with a birthday cake - thank you so much. If this is reviewed by the hotel, please pass on my thanks to David

We will be returning in February, to the Punta Cana, for our 17th visit

Dear guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your loyalty towards Iberostar Hotels and Resorts as your holiday’s destination and for the time you took to post a review about your vacations with us.
In the name of Mr. Dejan Grubanov, Hotel Manager, we would like to express you how thankful we are to read your kind comment about the service provided by our staff, especially from David, Iberostar Dominicana Assistant Manager. As you well know, in Iberostar we are all committed to provide the best service to our beloved guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again. Please feel free to contact us before your arrival,
Yours sincerely,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I visited this resort in the beginning of September 2012 for two weeks.We were able to use sister resorts Dominikana/Punta cana facilities as well as Bavaro guests. We found the food in Bavaro section was better then Dominikana/Punta Cana. While the grounds, the beach and ocean are wonderful, the big issue for us was that you are bothered by entertainment staff on the beach and pool and hotel grounds all the time with loud music playing, with screaming and yelling by entertainment staff, trying to invite guests to they activities. They go from palapa to palapa waking up, bothering people with their inventions to attend activities. It could be done in different, nice, civil manner. Why bother your guest on the beach who came to your place for pure relaxation: to swim, to here the sounds of the ocean and to nap under palapa, Not everyone enjoy loud and obnoxious activities. If I want to here music I would listen to my choice of music with the headphones on, not to disturb other people. Why not to make it enjoyable for all kind of guests. Designate a special place/places in the resort for those who enjoy loudness, activities/entertainment and leave other guests in peace and quiet. Why not to inform the guests about the time of activities by a weekly or daily flier in the room or by a poster in the lobby near buffet area. Everyone interested in attending would see it. Why cater for only guests who enjoy loudness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Iberostar Bavaro for your vacations and for publishing a review about your stay.
On behalf of Hotel Manager, Mr. Dejan Grubanov and his team, we would like to extend our apologies for any and all inconveniences that you experienced during your vacation among us. We will forward your suggestions to our Star Friends Manager to ensure that service is up to Iberostar standards.
On the other hand, we appreciate you positive lines about the beauty and cleanness of our premises and our varied gastronomy. In Iberostar two of our guiding principles are to offer wide culinary options and to upkeep our premises.
Please feel free to contact us in case you decide to give us another visit.
With regards,

Been to Iberostar Bavaro? Share your experiences!