My wife and I visited Iberostar Bavaro in May 2012. The resort is clean, well maintained with plenty of vegetation, not too big, not too small. The regular rooms are spacious, clean, with everything you need inside. The buffet are not too bad but is nothing special.Very good is that you can eat almost always somewhere in the resort. The “a la carte” restaurants are very good and the food is served carefully. Try the red vine because white is not too good. The staff is ok and the tips don't make a big difference. They are not beggar the tips.
I don't like the pool. The pool is not for a 4 1/2 stars. Maybe for a 2 stars is ok.They have not enough places with shade. Most places are in the sun and is a struggle for shady places.
The beach is the same problem you have cheap resorts. Everyone gets up at 5 am to occupy place in the shade. Small objects are those who look to have taken place for the next day.
Over all, the resort is 4 stars, except the pool. Many children in the area, good place for them.(Ice cream, juice...)
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Punta Cana
- Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana
- Bavaro Punta Cana
- Dominican Republic Bavaro
- Bavaro Cana Punta
- Iberostar Bavaro Dominican
- Iberostar Bavaro Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beautiful, kilometre-long beach of Bavaro. Tropical gardens. Elegant Caribbean flair. Top 5-star luxury. 11 restaurants. First–Class international shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.