“Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Punta Cana

You added Club Med Punta Cana to your Saves list
Club Med Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Apartado Postal | 106 Higuey Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

JUST SPENT A BRILLIANT WEEK AT CLUB MED PUNTA CANA,our room was beyond expectation,beautiful views from our balcony of the bluest of seas & magnificent gardens. The room itself was much bigger than we have had in the past at Beldi & Gregolimano.
The restaraunts were fabulous with a huge amount of variety,we were literally spoilt for choice. We particularly liked the fact there was an adults only in part of the evening restaraunt. However both lunch & breaksfast were also very good,a lovely setting by the sea.All the staff were so friendly & helpful,they make you feel so welcome.
The bars were great,Bruno & Paul & Dorothy, remembered our drinks each time,always there with a smile & a friendly chat.
One of my favourite places was the bar/snack bar on the beach,great chilling out place with the sea lapping up,so clear & blue.,very comfortable seating area looking straight out to sea.
Great swimming pool,never crowded & we could always find a shady or hot spot to lie & relax.

A special thanks to Zak who was standing in for Edourdo for the week he did a brilliant job,especially the beach party,,& not forgetting Sam & his crazy signs in the sea. also Rub at the archery,great fun.......Unfortgettable holiday,wonderful weather ,purrrrfect. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea/garden view on the 1st floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
clubmedofficial, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us, and for sharing your thoughts! It’s wonderful to hear that you loved your room, our beautiful beaches and, of course, our dining options. We hope to see you again very soon for another brilliant week!

Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Polish first
Doylestown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I will keep this short. We just returned from Club Med Punta Cana with our three children. The rooms were TERRIBLE. We ended up upgrading to the Trident space (thank goodness they had availability), and I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend paying the extra money for these suites. It was like night and day. Had we not been able to stay in the Trident space, I can guarantee you I would have been on a plane to go home the next morning.

Room Tip: You MUST stay in the Trident space.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize that our accommodations did not meet your expectations, but are glad to hear the situation was remedied. Please know that your insights are important to us as we work to improve.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We loved the GOs, especially the beach and fitness team with Andrea, Anne, Edny, Sam, and the newest addition, Andrea from Columbia. The sailing and water sports team was also excellent. Always ready, engaged and organized, we were never at a loss for something to do. Andrea from Italy is very good at his job.

The Pass World team with Fanny, Obed and Harry was wonderful and allowed our teenagers to make friends and have a wonderful time. And our son's only regret was that he waited so long to play tennis with Charles.

We also enjoyed seeing some very talented performers in the evening shows and wished we could have seen more of Emmanuel, Edny, Obed and a few others. Our daughter also loved getting to perform aerial arts and a big thanks to Mad Max and Tara for including her - she only wishes she could have done more, as do we.

Only suggestion is perhaps some down time, without microphones, during the day. Such a beautiful site that it deserves a chance to be appreciated. Although I didn't mind the cultural dances, my family was a little startled by the sexual nature of some of the movements. In general this club does a great job of featuring the men as much as the women, but perhaps if the men were equally exposed during the cultural dances it would seem less sexist.

Great food, gluten free options would be helpful (pasta, bread)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for joining us for a great vacation and for taking the time to write a review! It’s great that you loved our staff just as much as we do, and that your children had a great stay. It sounds like your son will have to come back to play more tennis! We hope to see you all again very soon!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here with our youngest son, a teenager. The property itself is fantastic, and huge. The grounds are well kept, with great stretches of beaches. We stayed in the 5T Trident space, which was wonderful--beautiful room right near the ocean, private pool, dedicated bar. Castillo at the pool is very helpful, while Vincent oversees the Trident space with a smile on his face and always checking in to be helpful.

The activities were great. It is like a big summer camp, with a lot of things to do (although a little quieter at many activities that were closed from 12-3). If you like outdoor activities and the beach, this is the place to go. We found the GQs to be very friendly and knowledgeable, especially Mad Max at the circus, Rube at archery, Charles at tennis, and Melanie at sailing.

The food was reasonably good--lots of variety. We found they did the basics better than the fancier things. We ate plenty of fruit at every meal, and the staff in the restaurants did a nice job.

When we were there in mid-June the property was about 40% full. You'll want to like younger kids....there are a LOT of them there, and strollers seem to be everywhere. We love kids....but definitely a much different vibe than, for example, Club Med Turquoise, where we were a few years ago.

Overall, a great experience. Thank you Club Med.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, Trident space well worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We’re thrilled that you joined us for a summer vacay, and that you shared your thoughts with us! It’s great to hear that you took advantage of the many activities we have to offer and we have to agree, it is just like a big summer camp! We can’t wait to see you again in the near future for another great visit.

Miramar, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My 4 year old son and I were their may 28-June 2, 2013. We stayed in the 5 trident luxury area which is definately worth it. THe rooms were nice, clean and big in front of the ocean with a balcony and chairs. THe infinity pool and bar area were awesome, quiet and clean, which made it nice to get away from the crowds in the main pool and bar area.
My son really enjoyed the kids club, they were great with him and he actually didn't want me to pick him up a few times. And that also gave me some time to myself to do my own thing.
THe only negatives I found was that mostly everything is geared towards the french, because they were the majority of visitors. For Example, the kids club shows were in french and they would repeat after in english most of the time. Also the main area bar and pool were not so clean sometimes. The kids pool one afternoon had a brownie and lots of lettuce floating around.
So, all in all, we had a good time.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra expense, do the 5T trident rooms- worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for telling us all about your Club Med vacation! We’re happy to hear that you and your son were both able to have a great stay. We would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the culture and language, as we are always trying to create the perfect experience for everyone. We hope the two of you will join us again soon!

Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

There were 12 of us - Grandparents, 2 daughters and spouses and 6 grandchildren.
This was our first Club Med experience. Club Med was selected based on activities provided for all ages and all inclusive package. There were 2 vegetarians in the group and the selection of dishes at all meals were very enjoyable. Ages went from 7 years to 70 and everyone found something to enjoy. Rooms were acceptable and room service was prompt every day. Plan on walking a lot from one end of resort to the other to enjoy all the activities and dining. All ages loved the trapeze lessons and the chance to experience the thrill. I used the Spa for a 1/2 hour massage - My daughter and I enjoy massages regularly and we were satisfied with the quality but the pricing was high. I realize this is to be expected at a resort setting. The G. O. staff employes were helpful, hardworking and enjoyable to converse with. Some of the other levels of service help were not as friendly or helpful.
The one disappointment or complaint was the Resort photography pricing. This is a Family driven resort facility and the photographers are on duty from early morning to late at night. They take great action shots and capture fun moments but the PRICING is ridiculous for a digital CD. They would not come down on price so instead of getting 2 families to purchase any pictures, we said NO THANK YOU. The boutique prices based on exchange rate was also very expensive and we chose not to purchase the usual t-shirts, hats, bags that we do on vacation. Again, Club Med loss on taking in any additional revenue.
I was a bit concerned about the weather in mid June but it turned out to be great. High winds most days but that kept temperature a bit more pleasant. Little rain, about 600 guests at a resort that can handle 1700. I would not want to be there when it was full capacity.

Overall, it was a good experience. If i was not taking such a large group, I would suggest upgrading on the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We’re honored to have been selected for your family week! Thank you for writing such an in-depth review of your vacation, as your feedback is very important to us. We strive to create the perfect destination for guests of all ages and we’re happy to hear everyone enjoyed it. We hope to have you all back again next year!

Fayetteville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I wrote a review the first time I visited Club Med Punta Cana four years ago, and I wanted to add an update. This time I brought my daughter (age 8) who has attended every year with me, and my sister who was visiting for the first time. My sister is a "cruise" person, and I wanted to show her how superior a vacation at Club Med is to a cruise. Needless to say, after seven days at this location my sister is a convert.

I obviously enjoy this resort, but this last visit was my favorite--largely due to the time of year we visited. The resort was at 1/3 capacity because it was low season. As a result, the personal attention was amazing, and the feel was even more laid back. The GOs were even more fun than usual!

As a caveat, I choose Club Med Punta Cana for my daughter. I probably would not choose the locale for a romantic vacation for two (though there is certainly enough international eye candy for single folks of either gender!), but for a family trip I think it is unbeatable. I have to add, however, that my single sister has told me that she is now going to make Club Med Punta can her annual trip too!! The place attracts mostly Americans, French and Canadians, and with the international staff it truly has an international feel. When I leave the country I really like to feel that I've LEFT the country; this locale achieves that. It is fun to practice my Spanish and learn some French and Creole words. Punta Cana is the second biggest Club Med, and I really like the size and the variety of activities.

The GOs and other staff (from the bartenders to the dancers, trapeze staff, reception, cart drivers, activity directors, cooks to the housekeepers) make the place special (I would name them all but I am too afraid I may leave someone out!!!). My daughter LOVES the programming, and the GOs have boundless energy and the patience of saints. This year, as an eight-year old, I was able to give special permission for her to check in and out of the mini club by herself. I barely saw her all week! She would leave me in the morning to go the kids club and have a blast. I love that she feels confident and secure there, while I know she is safe on the grounds. After four years, I am ready for her to be a mini-GO. Heck, I'm still scheming to figure out a way to work my way through summers there! ;)

The food is wonderful. The options are terrific. The alcohol is good. The rooms are standard (who stays in them anyway), but definitely clean. The mosquitoes can be brutal so bring repellant! Oh, and the resort is only about ten to fifteen minutes from the airport but you never hear planes overhead. The convenience can't be beat.

Room Tip: It really depends on your needs (do you want to be close to the mini-club, restaurant, or away from...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us all about your visit. We couldn’t be happier to hear that your sister is now a convert (although, we can’t say we’re surprised!) Our staff would love to have both you and your sister back for another week among the “international eye candy.” ;) See you soon!

Your Club Med Team

Been to Club Med Punta Cana? Share your experiences!