We are back from another amazing two weeks in Club Med Punta Cana.
The G.O’s (Gentils Organiser = Club Med staff) were all so friendly!
Same goes for the G.E.’s (Gentils Employees = House keeping, gardeners and security guards) and all the restoration staff. They happily take a few minutes to answer a question, strike a conversation and even give us a chance to practice our Spanish.
For us the mix of languages, French, English and Spanish, was a great plus. It added an international dimension to our holidays.
We didn’t care much for the Invited Artist who played the guitar and sang American song at the bar before supper. He was very good, but we didn’t come to the Dominican Republic to listen to North American English musique; we would have very much preferred some local Latino talents.
Yes, some buildings are older but they are very clean and well maintained (We didn’t spend much time in our room anyways!).
The beach is one of the best; very private, large enough and secure. I saw many fish every days snorkeling just off the main beach.
The food: as usual you can’t please everyone all the time but you would be hard pressed to be disappointed. There is such a variety of meat, fish, veggie, cheese, desert, fruits… All very good and well presented.
It would be nice for the restaurant staff to actively identify people who want to seat a a communal table with other people. Eating alone is not pleasant.
What makes Club Med special is the mind set of the G.O’s and most G.M’s (Gentils Members = us, clients). The G.O’s will easily strike a conversation and most G.M.’s are also ready for interaction. If you do not appreciate this type of camaraderie you can keep your distance, and no one will challenge you. The beach after the sailing shack is very quiet. There is plenty of space and shade on the beach or on the grass.
The kids are there but they are busy doing their own things. Not much of a problem for the adults.
I would like to mention so many of the G.O’s who made a difference; just to name a few:
Kary, Marielle and Roody at the Public Relation desk: very friendly and always ready to help.
Leonel and Fatima at the boutique.
Joan, the very friendly Beach Boy.
Folka and Mercedes (from the kid’s club)
Noel, Richard and Sam (from the bar team)
Kim, Deneen, Eden, Victor, Radhames, Ramos.
Annick, one of the nurse with a singing voice like you would not believe!
Edouardo (Chief of Village / Manager / Director) and Alex (Chief of sports).
It’s not fair to stop here but the list could go on an on…
Thank you all, merci, muchas gracias a todos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic