My wife and two children went to Club Med PC over Thanksgiving Break for three consecutive years ('05-'07), and just returned with our now teenagers in April '13. It was like riding a bike...everything was familiar and comfortable.
First, what changed:
1. Snack bar on the beach was enlarged, now offers shaded area to snack and drink the day away with a fantastic view
2. New cottages and private pool built at the far end of the property
3. Main restaurant got a facelift
4. MANY G.O.s (Club Med Staff from around the world) have been replaced with much lower cost local Haitian employees. It changed the feel and level of customer service for the worse.
5. Can't get a pool chair from 8am-5pm because people "save" them and never sit in them
What's the same:
1. Weather was perfect
2. View of the beach and sea is incredible...equivalent to Turks & Cacios
3. Food and drinks are plentiful and good quality
4. Kids/teens camp...push them in on Day 1 and then you have to fight to get them out...the kids had a blast
5. Safe...we always felt safe and comfortable even with our teenagers running around the resort with new-found friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic