We had an excellent vacation here. But, I only have one bone to chew, and it is a big one. The resort is vast, and September and October are one of the hottest months in Dominican Republic. Needless to say, the walk from the room to the lobby/restaurant areas would leave us exhausted, and sweaty.
The only mode of transportation is a so called train, which is really slow, and it takes a wait time of 30 minutes to arrive at a certain stop, and an additional 15 minutes to get to the place. Needless to say, any reservations you have made at any restaurant is gone, unless you get ready and leave 1 hour earlier. Certainly, not something I would love to do on a vacation. We were supposed to be picked up at 7.30 AM for La Isla Saona. Despite making a call in advance, no one came to pick us up from the rooms, and we were 30 minutes late. Also, none of the rooms have a sea view, there are a bunch of them that have a pool view, but why would I like to look at the pool?
That apart, the resort is amazing, the beach is really beautiful, the staff is extremely helpful, and everyone speaks English. The food is out of this world, there is always fresh fruits, fresh meats and desserts. The drinks are really good too, and the Melia shopping mall, attached to the resort is one of the best places to shop in Bavaro.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Melia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Melia Caribe Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Tropical
- Sol Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Punta Cana
- Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Hotel Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Resort
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Resort