to contact guest services more than once on a vacation says something about the resort. Our bags were painted with some substance, gyproc mud, paint, etc. We had to contact the front desk once, wrote one letter and finally went to guest services and managed to have them cleaned. They were cleaned professionally, but it was a hassle. The TV in the room didn't work and we had to contact them 3 times to have this resolved. There was one other incident but it wasn't the resorts fault. Emelio at guest services was a blessing and redeemed what would have been a 2 star vacation if he wasn't there.
This resort is huge! It's a 20 minute walk from the lobby to the beach and the resort is on the beach! They have trains running that you can catch which makes the trek a little easier. The staff was friendly and helpful, but a little overwhelmed and understaffed during Easter weekend. It took over an hour to get drinks for our meal one evening, but they were doing the best they could. Bring lots of american small denomination bills for tipping, it's hard to get change on the island.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Melia, Tingo, Venere, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Melia Caribe Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Tropical
- Sol Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Punta Cana
- Melia Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Tropical Punta Cana
- Melia Hotel Punta Cana
- Melia Caribe Tropical Resort
- Punta Cana Melia Caribe Resort