This was my 2nd trip to Punta Cana and it was again, a great experience. However, I did not feel this was a 5 star resort. I would give it a 4-4.5.
The resort is spread over a large area, which means the pace of it is slow, it terms of getting around, but it forces you to slow down and remember to relax. You also a trolley everyday to get to the beach and pool if you don't feel like walking. The hotel and the grounds were immaculate and the staff were very nice and went out of their way to assist in any way. There are shopping outside the resort. As soon as they see you coming the start coming after you, they are harmless, they just want you to visit their store. We used the internet everyday you can buy an hour and use it over the course of 5 days, so you don't have to use it all at once.
Beach : Amazing! The best i've seen so far and i've traveled alot, seen lots of beaches. Lots of chairs and great service at the bar. you can easaly find some shade if your looking for it.
Food : Again the food was GREAT, the best I've had in the Caribbean. I would rate the buffet a 5 star! Everything I ate there was delicious! Lots of variety. We also tried all the restaurants à la carte. The steak house is great (I recommend the T-bone!), the Japanese Excellent. The Chinese one I don't recommend but it was still good. I Can't remember the name of the French one but I would maybe skip that one for the buffet. Overall very very good!!
Drinks: I'm a drinker and know what I want so I was not to impressed with the selection of brand the had to offer in the beginning...but after flashing a couple dollars they go under the counter and gives you the Good Stuff. Bombay, Canadian Club, Jose Cuero name it they suddenly had it! And beer...well it's beer! They had every Mexican beer I know and for a couple dollars more you had again lots of international beer to chose from, but mostly Canadian and American. House Wine was OK ( the white one was actually good) but again, you need to pay 20-30$ a bottle to get the good stuff witch we did on a couple occasion.
Rooms : The rooms are nice, they have separate living room from your bed area. Lots of room and the terrace the relax with your coffee in the morning or drink in the afternoon. The bathrooms are the worst that I have ever seen at any AI that I have been too...But hey, I don't spend more then 20min a day in there so I didn't care that much. I would say that the rooms need an upgrade in the next year or so....I RECOMMEND Blocks 30-33 2nd level, close to the beach! Or block 10 if you want to be halfway.
Over all it is a gorgeous resort and worth every penny! I would definitely go back again...but then again, there's so much of them to try!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana