After reading all the negative reviews before leaving on our vacation I was sooo worried. Amen, I say we had a fabulous time and after being at the resort I am totally shocked by the reviews of all the people getting sick as that was my biggest worry. We are a family of seven and not one of us got sick. We never put the water from the sink onto our toothbrushes nor did we drink it. We did not overindulge in alcohol either. We ate everywhere including the burgers at the snack bar. Now, I am not saying the food is great. The food varies from just alright to good. We did have room issues but the staff worked things out in a reasonable amount of time.
Beautiful beach (our first day there was quite a bit of seaweed but each day there was less and less). The staff work hard to keep the beach clean.. There are vendors but, they are just there, if you don't show interest or you nod no,they understand. Not as big of a deal as what other reviews have listed.
Restaurants: Some are better than others but the lobster and fillet mignon are delicious. We never experienced anybody treating us differently based on wanting a tip.
Rooms: We never knew when our room was going to get cleaned but, that was ok because it was always ready by evening. It was a bit frustrating that sometimes you just got like two towels and sometimes you didn't get wash clothes but, seriously no big deal. Our room was quite chilly and I had requested a few blankets. I tried for days to get a blanket and they brought us two sheets:) It's all about communication. I would suggest if you get easily chilled better pack accordingly. Our room was beautiful and clean.
I read reviews that the front desk were not friendly. All of the staff were nothing but very kind to us. The Apple representative Marrseil and Jose were wonderful and oh so helpful! Thank you Jose and Marrseil for ensuring we had a fabulous family vacation.Before leaving I brushed up on my Spanish and I will say the more fluent you are the better it is to communicate and they seem to enjoy your efforts.
Excursions: We took the Outback Safari and it was wonderful. I was going to take candy to pass out to the children but, read where you are asked not to as with poverty the candy causes decay and many don't have toothbrushes. So if you go may I suggest like I did, I left the candy back home and took bags of brand new toothbrushes. I did see where some of the others on the excursion took school supplies.
Tips: I think the average wage for the staff is about $10-$12 a day. We did tip for the excellent service we received.
Wifi- Hit or miss but, you are on vacation so it was not a big concern for us.
My advice to you is go with an open mind and have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana