“We would recommend this resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #35 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“We would recommend this resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Bavaro Princess for 14 days (Sept. 27th to Oct. 12 2013) this is our 6th time at this resort and once again we were not disappointed. This resort is very clean and the grounds are well maintained.
Our Room was very spacious and clean. The cleaning ladies that cleaned our suite every day put special decorations on the bed also spent the time to blow up balloons to hang on the wall NICE.
Food: this is our 6th time at this resort and we have seen a big improvement in the restaurants over the years, we spent most of the time eating between the Bella Pasta, the Chinese restaurant and the steak restaurant
Over the 2 weeks that we eat at the 3 different restaurants and we had no problems what so ever with the food we would pick a different dish each time each night we were there and the food was always great
The Staff where amazing, our drinks would be on the table before we sat down and this would happen in all three restaurants
We went for lunch every day at the buffet at the beach area, I loved the roast chicken here, it was great for breakfast we went to the main lobby buffet where Leone made us a fresh omelette or just fried my eggs keep up the great work
You also have the buffet restaurant in the main lobby (I think it’s called the Hispaniola) So many choices of different kinds of foods
We spent the first week at the main pool this is the one with the swim up bar down by the beach area this is where you meet a lot of new friends , you can have a lot of fun here , it all starts in the afternoon with water aerobics and then let the games begin . Animation team do an excellent job here
The second week we spent it up at the pool at the main lobby we were the only two people in the pool it was so relaxing…this was great
We will be back here again next year; I believed the staff here work very hard to make your stay the best ever
Special thanks to Dolce, Jonathan, and all the bar staff at the main bar, Carra our waitress she is a wonderful person
At the swim up bar Yarry he was always happy, smiling great job
At Bella Pasta, El Gringo, we seem to meet the same staff between both restaurants and received the same excellent service..
We would recommend this resort and we hope to be very back soon

Room Tip: this time our room was 835 about 5 minutes walk to the beach
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review. It was a pleasure to host you and it is a great satisfaction to know that you were fully satisfied. We hope to see you again very soon.

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was worried before we went after reading all the bad comments on here but I don't understand what there is to complain about! It was luxury. I have travelled to many all inclusive hotels and this hotel by far was one of the best for food!!! Steak and Italian restaurant are especially good!! The beach... Wow! And all of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are lovely and clean. Although the hotel is big there is a bus that runs 24/7 and is no problem to get and even the walk isn't long to the main lobby. All the people who complain and very very picky!!!
Perfect holiday, would defiantly recommend this hotel, one word perfect!!!!! :D

• Stayed October 2013
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments following your stay with us here at the Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Carino.

We are pleased you had a delightful stay and the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I came here with my two college friends on our annual girls trip. We really enjoyed our stay here and we will definitely return. We stayed at the Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa, & Casino. As the name indicates the rooms are suites. We chose the platinum suties package. It is definitely worth it! All the suites have a living, sleeping, eating, and dining area. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The rooms will accomdate two people sleeping in a KING BED. It is not optimized for three persons. We chose to have our own rooms due to this fact.

I was impressed with the dining options. The Bella restaraunt was our favorite; we ate there twice. The risotto was delicious!! The food at Licey Gourmet Restaraunt was delicious. I had the paprika lobster and it was not only did it taste great but also huge. Licey is included in the platinum package, but is a la carte prices for bungalow and standard suite packages. The buffett was average, but good. However, if the buffett does not satisfy your taste the grill was always open and the other restaraunts were available bc reservations were not required. We stayed 5 nights and we did not get tired of the food choices. Keep in mind that as a guest at the Bavarro Princess all suites you have the option to go to the "princess" sister properties to dine and transportaion will be provided.

The beach is absolutely gorgeous. The waves are choppy but not bad. Bring a boogie board and you can just ride the waves. Don't worry you will not float out to sea! We started each day at the beach and ended at the pool where Claudios bright smile greeted us and mamajauana awaited. Salud!! We meet plenty of friends at the pool..hello to our Canadian buddies!

Cons: The casino is very small and limited. Like seriously, do not stay here bc you want a hotel that has a casino. No wash cloths in any of the rooms. They only had the large hand towels. I think this is a Dominican hospitality thing. In the USA I am use to small wash clothes for showering. Next trip I will bring a wash cloth. The drapes do not close completely, will bring a clip next time for added security. The pool closes too early (6pm). Minimal games on the beach. We were all single, but I think the resort is better suited for couples. Most of the events end at dinner time, although the animation team has a show at 9:30pm it is still not too conducive for mingling. Although I will return again, single or married! Last but not the least, I did notice more attention was given to those of lighter skin toned! Something for management to address. I am fair skin, but not the fairest, and noticed the difference in treatment. At times, looked over at the bar until a lighter person would say, hay take her order! I do believe all skin tones should receive the same service. This is not a deal breaker, hence me saying I would return, but next time I will speak up immediately and speak with management!!

Pros: Security, Security, Security. We could not enter the gate or come on the beach without showing our platinum bracelets or whatever bracelet you may have. They even check when they delivered room service. I am sure they were watching when I was not. I felt very secure. The grounds were beautiful. The maid staff did an excellent job of cleaning and was very accomodating. Licey's and Bella was delicous. The message on the beach was excellent!!! well worth it! Bavaro Princess all suites resort, spa and casino has a gorgeous beach, good service, and clean accomadations!

Suggestions: Bonfire on the beach one night. Boogie boards for guest to use at the beach. Butler service in the platinum area. Music at the pool. A kids free zone in the bar area of the pool. I know adults come with their kids, but I do not believe kids should be kicking and splashing at the bar while their parents are no where to be found. It is okay to swim with children to get a drink, but then take your kid back to a kid friendly area and not leave them sitting at the bar!! A small 5 ft kids free zone by the bar is not asking too much. Not strictly enforced but a sign as a friendly suggestion, please. Despite a few busy kids, the pool's bar was a great place to meet new people and add memories to your vacation.

FYI to future guest: Wake up and watch atleast one sunrise.. it is breath taking and the quite stillness is unremarkable!! Bring Mosquito repellant and apply it!! A week later and the mosqito bites are still itching! Spanish is the native language, english is not spoken by all the staff, so it was difficult to communicate at times, but gestures worked well, except at the bar. bc no two bar tenders make the same drink you have to know the ingredients that comprise your fav. cocktail! Also note this resort is large, but the trolley service was frequent (thanks Felix)!! The flea market is walking distance and only three blocks to the left of the resort. There are shops across the street from the resort and if you go early in the morning you can get a good deal. The shop on the resort has good quality pottery, cups, gifts, but skip the jewelry on site it is overpriced. Alibahbahs is a hookah bar across the street, but something seemed a little suspect there, so proceed with caution despite the great music that they play. Drink atleast one shot of mamajuana at the Pool!!

Overall: This resort is a very good deal! It is not the crem de la crem in butler service (i.e. needing individual catering service at all times). If you want that go pay $300 a night elsewhere. I personally believe this resort accomadations are above average and well worth the stay. If you are reading this review and consider booking it, don't hesitate, book it. I would recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sending your feedback. We would like to inform you that we take note of each and every guest´s observations, complaints, suggestions and comments always with the aim of improving.

Warmest regards from Punta Cana,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Travel date: Oct 16-22 2013
Room 723, Platinum Suite

Thank you to ALL the staff at Bavaro Princess who made our week long stay AMAZING. I've been back for a few days and I still spend all my waking moments thinking about how beautiful Punta Cana is, and how amazing the people who I interacted with are!

My two friends and I (3 25yr old girls) decided to go on our first girls trip & chose to stay at Bavaro Princess because we've heard good reviews...and they were right. Through internet research we knew we wanted to stay in Punta Cana vs Puerto Plata bc of the white sand beaches & we heard that the Bavaro Strip has the best beach area, so Bavaro Princess was an ideal match!

Check-in: Smooth as silk! We arrived at the main lobby and asked the front desk where to check in and they told us that we'd be checking in at the platinum lounge (b/c we upgraded to Platinum--best decision ever). We went to look for the bell boys that helped us unload our luggage from the bus and they escorted us to where we needed to go. We left our luggage at the main lobby bc we were told that the bell boys would bring it up to our room (and they did, Thank you the bell boys Celso, Felix, and Hector-- you both made our trip amazing with your welcoming smiles and kind words). Juan checked us in at the PL and gave us our platinum bracelets and welcome brochures & cigars. Then we went to our room and just jumped for joy. The room was SO beautiful--marble everything, flat screen TV, jaccuzi, bath robes and slippers, tooth brush + toiletries, soft drinks/beer/rum/whiskey/water in the bar fridge. Even though we were exhausted from our horrendous flight experience (over 24 hr delay with Sunwing + chaos at the airport), we were ready to explore the resort. We changed quickly and went back to the PL where we caught the tram to the main lobby and nestled into the lobby bar. Reynaldo and Johnathan were working that night (and for the next couple of nights) and they took real good care of us. Both of them make a KILLER vodka tonic & Bavaro Princess cocktail. Thank you Reynaldo, Johnathan, Felix, Miguelina, & Ralph for being so welcoming and friendly to us 3.

Over the next few days we pretty much had the same routine, wake up & order room service for breakfast ( Thank you Victor and Melvin for nourishing us, you both are wonderful) or head off the lobby to nibble at the breakfast buffet. The variety is great, they have crepes, eggs, fresh juice, pastries, etc... Then we'd lounge by the main pool or the beach. The beach was BEAUTIFUL--literally what you'd imagine paradise to be. We'd place our blue beach towels to reserve lounge sofa's at the Platinum sections (that's right lounge sofa's--ah-may-zing) and then take a plunge. The water is VERY salty and irritated my eyes but can't expect anything else from ocean water. The waves were strong and came often, but I noticed other swimmers enjoyed swimming in them--my friends and I just wadded and jumped around and enjoyed our surroundings.
The pool was great, perfect temperature, not too many people. There was a swim up lounge with friendly bartenders--order a Melvin special...sugary sweet goodness. Coco loco is a popular drink to order too--but I prefer my vodka tonic.
Bavaro Princess has an AMAZING animation team, seriously, all of them are SUPER attractive and friendly. The Animation Team (shout out to Karina, Juan Carlos, Luckner, Jean Carlos & Joneal aka chicklet) came around and filled the day with fun activites. They taught us a few bachata/meringue steps and lead super fun games! There were lots of other games to play by the pool (ping pong, darts, water basket ball, water volley ball...etc)

Night time entertainment was great--they had a show on every night at 9:30 & a beach party. The dancers are SO talented and we thoroughly enjoyed their effort. I can't believe the how much energy the Animation team has b/c not only do they work alllll afternoon, but then they dance in the night show too! Just wonderful!

Food: Bavaro Princess has several restaurants (Tanuki, Sakura, El Gaucho, Bella Pasta, and El Pescador, a Buffet in the Main lobby, Chopin, Licey, Cafe del Mar...etc) We didn't eat at all the resto's bc we ordered room serives often however when we did go,the food wasn't bad--since I'm vegetarian my selection was limited to fruits, veggies, rice, beans, eggs, pastries--all of which were yummy. If you want to make a dinner reservation, you can call and do it. We thouroughly enjoyed our meal at Bella Pasta ( vegetable risotto is amazing, and tiramisu was spectacular). El Gaucho by the beach was also lovely--the rice& lentils/beans were excellent. All in all, the food was above average. (Shout out to Pablo who works at Sakura & main buffet & Raphael from Bella pasta & el gaucho--just adorable, Wendy from the crepe station at the buffet--miss you)

We went to club Arieto one night, it was fun--mostly Meringue & Bachata music. Drink up at the resort bar before you go though.

We slept fine the entire trip, you get woken up past 8 by the hustle and bustle of the people outside--which was fine with me bc I wanted to start my day relatively early.

Check out was super easy. We gave our key cards and towels back to Freddy, signed out and the bell boys brought our luggage from our room to the pick up area. (Thank you again Juan, Freddy, Francisco & Ana for treating us so well at the PL)

Thanks for Narsisca who maintained our room every day! The rooms are so well maintained and clean. Yes there will be teeny tiny bugs around, but what more do you expect from the tropics? No nasty bugs like roaches or spider.

Thanks to all the security workers (especially the one who helped us back to our room at 3 am in the morning when regular tram services was over), thanks for keeping the resort safe.

Special thanks to all the grounds maintenance workers (especially Fanelisco --we woke up to his wonderful smile every morning, and he gave us fresh coconut water whenever we asked. He is such a hard worker) Thanks for manicuring the grounds so well.

While you're on the beach you will be approached by the sales people, a simple "no gracias" and they will leave you alone...as a tourist I understand it can be annoying to be approached by multiple different people, however they are just doing their jobs & they should be treated with respect as well.

Near the buffet, you'll probably be approached by people dressed in a white shirt & black pants who work for Royal Holiday Vacations (timeshare) who will ask you whether you've received your welcome package of a bottle of mamahuana & a t-shirt with your pic on it. Unless you want to waste over an hour of your life, just say your not interested. Or go and listen to their speel for 20 mins so someone can get their $50 commission, but leave once that's over---unless you want to buy into it.

What to pack: several swimsuits, swim cover ups, LOTS of spf 60+ sunscreen (always protect your skin!) Raid bug spray (incase you REALLY don't like bugs), Mosquito repellent/ Dryer sheets (they are all around at night), camera (we didn't take enough pictures, but no worries bc we know we'll be back soon), flip flops, nice heels for dinner/dancing, nice casual shoes, walking shoes, and easy breezy outfits.

Once again, I'd like to reiterate that we had a BLAST at Bavaro Princess. I feel like I left a piece of my heart there. Thank you for taking such good care of your guest and sincerely cannot WAIT to come back again! I hope one day you come visit us in Toronto and we'll be happy to take care of you too!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are truly delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the service proposed by our staff. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Sept Iles, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I love the resort, its clean, beautiful rooms especially in the platinum area. the only negative point are the people selling time sharing and other items its almost harassment. I guess Punta Cana might not be a good destination for us because of that. I will miss the employees of the hotel and the beautiful beech and resort!!!

Room Tip: Platinum suites are excellent!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinions on TripAdvisor about our hotel. It is very important for our daily performance to receive your valuable opinion, that’s why I want to say thank you for letting us know.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice place for the couple.
The food is very average. Every day it’s different, but still very average.
There are minimum activities (games competitions, etc.) that you can see in the other resorts.
The was an option to take the catamaran, but during my 7 days I didn't see anyone sailing there.

The staff was professional and helpful. Most of them spoke at least some English.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very far from the pool and the beach. You need to walk via the jungle or wait for the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction! Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I travelled to this resort with my fiancé in April 2012. We upgraded to a honeymoon suite and it was very nice and reasonably modern, a bit musty. The food is good from what you'd expect from the area and the service was good. Overall it is visually appealing resort, but I did not like the distance to the beach and that the resort was so big you had to take trollies everywhere. There is a lot of lush gardens and nature trails, which is bad for someone like me who has allergies but it is pretty. All in all the size of the resort took a lot of time, and you don't really feel like you're on the beach unless you get the prestige rooms as others are very far. Beautiful beach and pool though :) Bar is right there at the beach serving burgers and fries all day which are pretty good with a Presidente. ;)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinions on TripAdvisor about our hotel. It is very important for our daily performance to receive your valuable opinion, that’s why I want to say thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,