“PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #37 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Mississauga, Canada
“PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went for my friends wedding and I must say overall it is a nice resort, However to all travelers going here PLEASE BE CAREFUL, they have these extended Golf carts that take you around the resort because the place is huge. However what happened to me was, the driver went to fast, cut the corner and caused both my cousin and I to fly out of the cart. we rolled on the tarmac!!! both of us suffered heavy road rash and nice big bumps to our head. I had a scared face and minor concussion I had to go to the hospital to see if I suffered from any internal bleeding (as the resort doctor recommended) ... The resort then tried to say both my cousin and I were drunk and that's why we BOTH fell OFF!!! I was extremely angry!!! So if you do decide to go to this resort and travel with the carts be VERY VERY CAREFUL (especially in the front of the resort). The workers are over worked and drive too fast. Any question just ask taheer.naraine@gmail.com

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing your review. We are deeply sadden to hear about the experience you had and we wish to extend our sincere apologies. Our responsible Managers have been informed about it.

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
  • Polish first
Stow, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We are writing this with great disappointment in our trip booked through Apple Vacations to the Bavaro Princess Hotel in Punta Cana. Please take the time to read these recent reviews as they are true. We have no idea how this was rated 5 Golden Apples. We contacted Apple with this exact detailed story letting them know about our disappointment in our stay. We finally heard back after 35 days and they offered us $100 each in Apple gift certificates and recommended we try again at another resort better suited to our standards. Our standards were that we were staying at a 5 Golden Apple resort on a scale of 3 to 6. Do yourself a favor and read the details below and make sure to find specific details on food and quality of the rooms at another resort. Do not stay here!

The details of our 7 night stay:

Every morning we took the train ride (which is an old car hauling 2 carts with seats) to the lobby where we started our day at the breakfast buffet. The omelet station was tolerable, but the layer of visible humidity on the ham, cheese, and onions that were to be added to the omelet was an appalling site as we stood in line, dripping of sweat while waiting for the omelets to be made one at a time. We quickly came to find that every day the buffet had a new theme, for example "French Buffet", "Mexican Buffet" and "American Buffet", yet every day the same food consisting of baked beans, a form of tasteless potato, and runny eggs were back again on the buffet. The sausage did change as it was a different color each day. One day the sausage was fire-engine red, the next it was black and titled "blood sausage". There was no real variety and we were only able to eat toasted bread and butter the entire week!

For lunch we would eat at the buffet again where it was the same exact experience only this time we could only tolerate the pasta. Again, we were dripping sweat the entire time because there was no air conditioning or air flow, only stagnant air and hot grills/toasters. If we arrived an hour before lunch ended, we could only eat fruit and bread as everything else was already put away.

The only other option for lunch was to eat food from the "McPrincess", which even mentioning the name of this place still makes us cringe. The options there were hamburgers, hot dogs, and french fries. We watched the staff deliver the unfrozen, exposed hamburger patties on trays to the open kitchen of the McPrincess where they sat in the sun all day. When we went to order one, the cook had to swat away the flies before pulling out a patty and putting it on the grill to cook. The condiments and vegetable toppings sat all day covered in luke warm metal containers also sitting in the sun the entire day. After seeing all of this we chose to order fries. So, at this point in the day we had eaten bread and pasta or bread and fries so we were really looking forward to the different dinner restaurant options each night.

Our first dinner experience was at the Chinese restaurant called Sakura. We actually wanted to eat at the Japanese Steakhouse but it was closed our first night, so we put in our name at Sakura. This restaurant opened at 6pm and we got there at 6:15. We did not get seated until 8:30!!! We had to sit there and wait the entire time because there was no method to page you when a table was ready. We obviously had no cell phone service and wireless service was not an option so we had the option to sit and wait. Once inside, the restaurant was far from classy. The curtains looked like tablecloths, the wallpaper was cheesy, and there were only about 12 tables inside. This would not matter to us if the food were tolerable, but it was not. We ordered wine, sushi, eggrolls, and chicken and rice. We sat there waiting for our food for another hour before actually eating. During this time a had a mariachi band sing to us at our table that we were forced to tip before even receiving the sushi. We waited for 40 minutes at our table before even seeing the waiter again to bring us this sushi. The sushi was made of mostly rice and something red resembling caviar, but it was NOT caviar. We took a bite and sent it back. We were then eventually brought our eggrolls that were so hard we could not even cut with a knife or bite with our teeth. It was actually comical at this point. Clearly, we did not eat these because we couldn't even take a bite. Finally, were received our chicken and rice main course. There were 2 small pieces of chicken on our plates. The rest consisted of rice, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, and onions. Very strange. So now, having waited hours, we were leaving disappointed around 10:30 pm and still starving.

We went to bed early only to wake up to do it all again the next day, only this time we tried out the Japanese Steakhouse. Again, the restaurant opened at 6 and we got there at 6:05 because we did not want this to take up our entire night again. The hostess told us that 60 people were already ahead of us, which to this day is unbelievable. We sat in an open area beside stagnant water for 3 hours waiting. It was not until 9:15 our name was called to be seated inside. While waiting by this mosquito infested stagnant water our legs and feet were covered in mosquito bites. While we were still waiting to be seated, we actually heard the hostess say they were no longer taking names on the list for anyone else to be served that night. We were again starving and first seated at a table with many other people and served sushi exactly the same of which we tried the night before (...still disappointing). We were then herded to the actual dinner table they would be cooking our food. The cook piled chicken, "beef", and rice with vegetables on the table all at the same time, which all was magically done at the same time. Lastly, the cook took a large plastic bag of assorted pieces of seafood and dumped it on the grill. We asked the cook what each thing was because there were clearly different sizes and colored pieces in this bag that were not fish or shrimp. The only response the cook had when asked multiple times and multiple different ways was that it was fish. We took pictures of this meal and it looked like either tongue or stomach. There were a couple small shelled shrimp thrown in the mix as well among other mysterious "fish" pieces. Again, we were highly disappointed and left abruptly. This dining experience took up the entire night yet again and only left us feeling hungry and mad.

Dinner night number 3 we tried Bella Pasta. The pasta was served cold but was edible and we decided we would go there again the next night. We had asked the Apple representative if we were able to dine in the same restaurant twice and he told us yes we could, we just needed to get a new card to be stamped from the front desk. We went to the front desk that morning before going back to Bella Pasta and the front desk employee refused and said that is not there policy we were only allowed to go to each restaurant once throughout our stay. They then had to get a manager to reluctantly get us a new card. The manager said they do not usually do this, but would go ahead and give us one just this time. We still do not understand why we could only eat at each restaurant once the entire trip and this was definitely not the expectation set by our resortApple representative, our travel agent at Roys Travel, or the resort website.

The 6th night there we decided to eat at the Mexican buffet with some friends we had made from Pittsburgh, PA. We all had chicken tacos and cheese quesadillas. The chicken in the tacos had bones in it that we had to sit and pick out before being able to eat. We made plans with them to meet at the beach early in the morning to get chairs by each other. We were up at least 6 times each that night to use the restroom. We barely slept. We received a phone call from them early that morning informing us that they would not be able to join us on the beach due to sudden violent sickness and that they had been up puking all night.

We talked to another couple we had met from New Jersey the next morning before they were flying home and they were also very sick! We had similar conversations with many couples that couldn't believe the terrible quality of food and living conditions.

The conditions of these restaurants and buffets were also very unbelievable. All of these were unairconditioned and unventilated. The lobby buffet was very open with animals and birds freely roaming. A couple at the table next to us finished their meal and left their plates on the table to be picked up by the staff. Because they were not cleaned right away, a crow actually jumped up on the table and pulled down some food to the floor where it remained standing to eat. Employees passed by several times without even taking notice. Along with the birds flying around while eating, we were completely drenched in sweat at every restaurant and buffet. Can you picture this as a relaxing and luxurious vacation?

Lobby restrooms - The restrooms were tiny, crowded, and extremely hot and humid with absolutely no air flow coming from anywhere. We were constantly here because we were always sick from the food. The stalls were so small, my boyfriend's shoulders touched each wall. The lady constantly cleaning the restrooms even mopped over his feet while he was sitting in the stall. There was no air flow and each time we went in there we came out drenched in sweat.

Rooms - It smelled like a dark, molding basement and had a very awkward layout. All of the yellowed lamp shades showed very noticeable signs of rust and the restroom floor had a gaping crack which water leaked through. When arriving home we were told we smelled terribly musty and that we needed to make sure everything was washed thoroughly. I took the activity book given to us by the Apple representative at the hotel to my parents to see all of the available activities and they immediately noticed a strong, musty smell when flipping through the pages of the book. We were forced to wash all of our clothes multiple times before getting this smell out. Our suitcases still smell musty. Every morning we also woke up to strange flies sitting in our sink and shower. Beds were hard and pillows were flat.

Apple Vacations On-Resort Representative - Agent was helpful at first when we had our 20 minute meeting the first full day we were there, however he was wrong about us being able to visit each restaurant more than once. However, we went to talk with him later in the week to explore what free activity options were included with our apple vacation package he said "it wasn’t worth checking out” and picked up his phone and ignored the fact the we were still standing there. VERY RUDE. We were supposed to be able to windsurf, snorkel, etc. Because we weren't interested in paying another $200 for other activities he wasn't interested in helping us.

Overall, it was an extremely disappointing vacation and I would never recommend anyone stay at the Bavaro Princess Hotel in Punta Cana and I'm shocked that Apple Vacations would offer this resort as an option at such a high apple rating. Food is usually a part of the excitement of a vacation and to only be able to eat toast, pasta, and french fries the entire vacation was more than a let down. We were actually sick due to the lack of variety/quality of food and because we felt sick, it was hard to relax and enjoy our time doing ANYTHING on vacation. It was a terrible feeling to always feel hungry from the minute we woke up to the minute we went to bed and almost impossible to enjoy ourselves when feeling this way. We were constantly hungry, sweating, or breathing in the musty/moldy room in which we stayed for 7 nights. Our stomachs were still sick 3 weeks after arriving home too.

After this experience, it was a slap in the face for Apple to only offer us $100 each towards another vacation. We hope to warn anyone else of this experience before booking and especially do no book a honeymoon here.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms may have flooded at some point. Musty and rusty.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating these unfortunate issues directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconveniences,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a couple weeks ago. We booked the platinum club. On arrival the check in was flawless. The platinum club allowed us a room 2 min walk to the beach , pool and resturants. That in itself to me was worth it. Freddy in the platinum club was awesome. We had a few issues with our room but was taken care right away. I found Freddy very proactive in customer service which being in the customer service business I noticed right away. The premium drinks in my opinion wasn't as good as when we stayed at dreams in punta Cana but I like tequila and at dreams there were don Julio and patron. The other thing I liked about the platinum club was the ability to make reservations for resturants ! Most other hotels didn't allow that. Making resevervations very extremely easy. My only suggestion to the hotel is in the resturant on the beach in the platinum club section allow the waiters to move /combine the tables to accommodate seating. There was six of us and seating setting for no more than four. Food was great and I really liked the trolley system. You could walk if you wanted or take the trolley. What impressed me the most was the driver/bell boy in the front, the service when we were leaving we're also flawless. The rooms were very modern , beautiful , again the only recommendation is there is no cupboard space to pack clothes. I love shopping so I tried the free shuttle offered by sunwing to the shopping plaza. I was personally extremely dissappointed as it was only three shops , jewelly , cigars, and a souvenir shop. I finished shopping in 1/2 hr but was told we had to wait for the mini van of people to return . We waited 45 mins extra in the heat as there was no aircondition even though the drive was 5 mins away. I would never do that again!! We did something similar in jamacia and the shuttle would return you to the hotel when you were done.The hotel prices were very comparible . All in all , great hotel , it was one of the best beach in punta cana , the food was great. A suggestion to the hotel have somewhere air condition , maybe the platinum club so there is a place to cool down as there was no place to cool down other your room. Have better hors d'oeuver in the platinum club . But all in all I will definately return to this hotel and do platinum again . There is only a few minor things that can be done to make it perfect. Thank you Freddy, margarita , Juan ( resturant) the driver/bell boy , Carlos ... I forget I would strong recommend if you want Internet , rent the hotspot , it was the best 5 dollars a day I spent as I had internet on the beach and when we went out. I know it sounds crazy but it was awesome , I was able to face time my family and friends

Room Tip: Platinum club
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Punta Cana. We really appreciate that you took the time to post your feedback and we are delighted to hear that you loved your stay in our hotel and really appreciated the services proposed by our staff.

We look forward to welcome you soon!!

Kind regards from your family of Bavaro Princess!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at the Bavaro Princess for our honeymoon and it was amazing! The resort is beautiful, very clean and well maintained. The beach is unreal, near by is a huge swimming pool with a bar that plays great tunes and serves ice cold drinks. The staff are absolutely awesome. Specially the animation team who is in charge of the entertainment. They were so friendly and went out of their way to help even though they barely spoke English. If you are here for a visit be sure to get to know Jordan (a.k.a monkey) the dance champion, Johnil (a.k.a chiken legs) the Domenican Michael Jackson and Jean Carlos (a.k.a the pink panther) the comedian.
We were going to go to a different resort next year but because of this team of amazing individuals we are coming back to Bavaro Princess!

Marsha & Sina - room 533

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

We look forward to have you back soon!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

From the first check in, service is prompt and friendly. It is a large resort and uses a trolley system from beach to lobby and everywhere in between, it does run smoothly. Rooms are well kept and up to date with a LCD tv, jacuzzi tub, cleaning services did a fantastic job on our room, we figured $3 to $5 tip per day would be sufficient. The food was good, especially the a la carte service, which requires a reservation. We choose the Platinum Package (recommend) and the reservation was done by phone. Much more convenient than waiting in line. We loved the main lobby bar, nice setting, well lit and service is good and prompt. The beach is clean and lots of security. The vendors who walk by are persistent but respect no thank you if you're not interested. We like to spend a few dollars at the casino, located at the resort entrance, has golf carts for your convenience to and from the casino. We always consider this resort when talking about Punta Cana Vacation.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for choosing Bavaro Princess Hotel for your recent stay in Punta Cana. We really appreciate that you took the time to post your feedback and were delighted to hear that you loved your stay in our hotel and really appreciated the services proposed by our staff. Thank you again!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Lokeren, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I would recommend this resort to everyone. I had a wonderful, relaxing stay at this five star resort for a good price!

* Location: The location is great. Bavaro is a good place to stay when you want to do some excursions in the DR: close to a variety of excursion locations. Bavaro has a long, beautiful white sand beach. Close to shopping centers like San Juan or Palmareal.

* Infrastructure: the resort is like one big tropical garden. The gardens are very well maintained, you will never find litter on the ground! The gardeners do a wonderful job. The reception and the lobby are very beautiful and spacious with trees and plants therefore it's great to sit around and relax while sipping a cocktail.

* Pool area: the pool is amazing. There is one big pool with several depths with a swim-up bar where you can order drinks, sit and listen to music. There are enough beds to lie on but in my opinion, the beds are not very comfortable. There's also a free towel service at the pool. The area around the pool is very well maintained by gardeners. The staff even takes your order at your bed around the pool :-)

* Rooms: we stayed in a suite and it was just unbelievable. Very spacious, clean and cosy. There was a bubble bath, shower, king size bed, sitting corner, big bathroom with a gigantic mirror (and make-up mirror), two sinks, TV with a variety of channels (mostly in spanish), airconditioning and a mini bar. The staff fills up the mini bar every day with Coca Cola, Sprite, water and beer. The cleaning ladies who take care of the room do a wonderful job!

* Food and drinks: the food wasn't really my kind of taste but there is a lot of choice. The desserts are mostly the same. Every day there is a theme night like a French Buffet, Dominican Buffet and so on. You can always go to the "pasta man" :-D who heats up your favorite pasta in a pan while you look. There's also a American food corner. In general there is a lot of choice in the hispaniola restaurant (the buffet). One little negative detail: the fruit is always the same. In an all-inclusive formula you have the opportunity to eat in the à la carte restaurants (italian, fish, grill, japanese, chinese,..). The place is always packed (no reservations) so you have to be early or late. The food is great in those restaurants and it's nice that you can switch :-) You're allowed to go to one restaurant one time a week (for example one time in a week in the Bella Pasta).

* Animation: the animation at the beach and the pool are fantastic. At 10 o'clock they start animating at the beach and around 3 o'clock in the afternoon the animation starts at the pool. There's always a lot to do! If you don't want to compete it's no problem, you can also stay on the bed without being bothered :-) The shows at night are VERY PROFESSIONAL and super entertaining. It's a big big plus! The animation can really give your holiday an extra dimension :-)

* Other: the wifi in the lobby is very slow so I recommend to pay for a wifi device which you can get at the internet centre of the resorts. It's about 5 dollars a day I guess but it's worth it! You'll have your own wifi everywhere on the island.

We had a great stay and we would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: try to get a suite in the center of the resort so you can walk to the beach in 5 minutes and to the...
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Guest satisfaction is our main goal at Bavaro Princess, and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion.

We know the importance of internet service to our guests. That´s why we´re doing everything possible to enhance the WIFI service.

Best regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed with my girl friend at the luxurious Bavaro princess in the platinum suites. We stayed there back in May of this year. We had a great time and wished we had stayed longer. The staff was amazing, every one was so friendly. From the moment we got there we were treated like royalty. The grounds were well kept and maintained. There is tons of wild life. The resort is huge. Too big to walk. There are trams running that will transport you around the resort. The beach was very clean and there was always lounge chairs available .We traveled with four other friends and we never had trouble finding a spot on the beach. The water was crystal clear. The rooms were clean and spacious. Really enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub in the room. They always re stocked the fridge. The restaurant were all delicious. Licey was awesome . Hibachi was so much fun and so entertaining. The buffet always had a great variety. The drinks were delicious ( wished they carried Captain Morgan's). Looking forward to coming back were hopefully returning next May. planning on inviting more friends to come back with us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, after your stay in our Hotel Bavaro Princess. It is always a pleasure for us to receive positive feedbacks as they are a source of motivation for each of us.

Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Warm regards,