“Great family vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #39 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Great family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at Bavaro Princess with my 7 year old son in late August. Our overall experience was very positive! The property is located on a beautiful beach with white sand and crystal clear water. My son loved playing with the waves and did not want to get out of the ocean. He has enjoyed the pool activities as well. The grounds are very beautiful and very well maintained. The staff is working very hard to keep everything clean and everybody is very friendly and helpful. We always felt welcomed and safe.

The service at the restaurant was excellent at all times and I felt that the tips were very well deserved. The food may not have been as varied as in Mexico but at the end of the day you always had enough options to choose from and everything was very fresh. I found that as the week progressed, there was more selection available. We ate lunch at the beach restaurant and they have the most amazing burgers which we enjoyed a lot (and I am not a fan of burgers in the first place :).

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The rooms were cleaned first thing in the morning and we always came back from the beach to a nicely made room. It was also nice to have a change of towels every night.

Alla at the front desk was very professional and helpful and we got the room shortly after arrival without having to wait until 3 pm check in time. She also made sure everything was in order throughout our stay.

We only went to a couple of shows but I found the entertainment was very decent. They have cool local singers and the band so the couple of times we attended, the music was really good.

We have vacationed in Riviera Maya for the past 3 years and this is the first time we visited Punta Cana. We will definitely go back next year because of the friendly staff, the quality of service and the most amazing beach!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We are extremely happy to know that you have had a great family holiday with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (869)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My experience at the Bavaro Princess was absolutely horrific!! Check in was extremely long. My friend and I were the only two guests there, yet we still had to wait. The hotel seemed well kept. My first impression of the room was that it was very spacious and clean, but when we woke up the next morning we had bites all over our bodies. The restaurants and buffets were very basic. They don't take reservations at the a la cartes so you literally have to be waiting at the door at 4pm if you want a seat. The hotel grounds are enormous so you pretty much require a shuttle if you want to get from point A to B. They come around every 10 mins, but it seems like forever so you just end up walking anyways. One night I was walking back to my room and I got lost because there was a power outage and it was pitch black outside. I was terrified. It took almost 30 mins for the power to come back on. Eventually I found my way back to the room. The next morning I checked out the beach. It was beautiful and well maintained. Except there is vendors every where, harassing you. You say no and they continue to carry on. It's virtually impossible to relax. I arrived back at the room to hang my belongings to dry on my porch. I come back from dinner and everything is missing. Our bathing suits, sandals, towels. I report this to the front desk and they were unhelpful. I asked to speak to the manager (TONY) and he didn't seem to care his response was it's your responsibility, don't hang you're belongings outside. He was very rude and obnoxious. His demeanor and his tone was very unwelcoming. I reported this to Piere the Air Canada rep and he was very passive and almost non-existent my whole stay here. All facts considered, I would have to rate my over all experience a 2.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating this unfortunate issue directly with the hotel management.

King regards,

Princess Anne maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Towel scam... If you leave them unattended, they will be taken and you WILL be charged $20 per towell. The towelql concession IS NOT part of the hotel, and I think they take them so the can charge you for them. Nothing is air conditioned so you are dripping wet all the time, even the rooms don't get cold. The trams you have to take to the buffet are a free for all, and kids are EVERYWHERE. I will never return to this location

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

King regards,

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recomand platinum package, own beach and access to all restaurants without line ups, the hotel needs to update the rooms, have been going there for few years, very good staff, great beach, good night clubs close by

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! We highly appreciate that you took your precious time to publish your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Warm regards,

Pilsen, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

+ I like the hotel garden - it is large, excellent maintained, and there is a part of magrove forest where you can watch birds, turtles and fishes.
+ I like the hotel kitchen, it is on high quality level, lot of restaurants and bars, quite every day and night time you find somewhere something to eat and drink.
+ I like bungalows and its privacy combined with connection to green.
++ But most of all, I like the hotel staff. Every time smiling, often singing, quick and helpfull.
- Just the local transportation would need one or two carriage more.
+- Nature and local trips in Punta Cana are not as wonderfull as on Samaná peninsula, but when you go to south islands Saona and Catalina, you will be excitet for sure also.

Room Tip: Ask for Platinum package, you will receive more privacy and services for little money. And just o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comment about your stay at Bavaro Princess. It´s a pleasure to have covered your expectations and hope that we will soon have the possibility to welcome you again.

Kind Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am an avid traveller, this is my third vacation for the year and I have never had to write a bad review about a hotel. I don't even know where to begin. This vacation was a disaster. My husband and I arrived at the Bavaro Princess on August 29th, 2013. Check in took nearly 3 hours, staff offered us to eat at the buffet that would be open in the next hour. However we were not allowed to take our luggage along with us. So, we decided to just wait, because we did not trust leaving our belongings at the lobby unattended. Needless to say we were both very annoyed, especially after being at the airport for 3 hours, and on the plane for 4.5 hours. The only thing we wanted to do at that point was shower. Finally, after endless waiting the receptionist advises us that our room is ready. We take a shuttle to our room, which was nearly a 10 min ride, because the hotel grounds are enormous. They say a shuttle comes around every 5 mins, but realistically it's 15 mins. The room appeared to be clean, minus a few cockroaches crawling around. The fridge was completely empty. No stocked bar. Finally my husband and I make our way to the beach, which was absolutely gorgeous, turquoise water, crystal white sand. The only issue was the amount of people selling merchandise, and selling tours. It was impossible to relax. As soon as one person leaves, the next person is there trying to sell you the same thing. We make our way to the buffet, food was very bland, nothing special, just birds flying around eating the bread, didn't appear very sanitary. Although the waitstaff were great, they did a good job tending to the guests. After we ate, we waited for the shuttle bus that never came, so we decided to just walk to the lobby, which took about 20 mins, where they had the flea market set up and people constantly harassing you to buy their merchandise. After finally getting away, we arrive at the bar, we ordered premium liquor assuming that it was included since this hotel was advertised as a 5 star hotel. Unfortunately we were misled, premium liquor was only exclusive to VIP members. We continue to drink what ever was available to us. A minor VERBAL dispute took place between my husband and I and a random patron (V.I.P) at the bar decided to get involved and tackled my husband from behind, broke his chain and sunglasses. Out of nowhere security swarms us and immediately handcuffs my husband, so tight that to this day his wrists are bruised and numb. They assumed that he initiated the fight when he was the one on the ground, which is very puzzling to me. We were both searching for his chain and sunglasses that were nowhere to be found. Finally they escort us outside where we settle everything. Management agreed that everything was fine and let us on our way.The next day, I'm on my way back to the room where I bump into the manager TONY, who demands that I have to leave their property immediately, because after thinking about the situation last night he had come to the conclusion that we are no longer welcome at the hotel. He didn't even give us 10 mins to pack. He said that we urgently need to check-out. He transferred us to our air line rep who found us a reservation at the Occidental. I asked why we had to leave? He said that if we don't confirm this reservation we will have no room for the night and will have to sleep outside because as of right now we have no room at the Bavaro Princess. Unbelievable! After paying over 2k on accommodations, they force us out and to top it off, we had to pay a transfer fee. What type of management is this? A small minor argument takes place and escalates to us being forced to evacuate? Absolutely ridiculous, very poor management. Who ever is contemplating on staying at this hotel, I suggest you think twice. The quality of food is poor, the rooms may appear clean, but they are infested with cockroaches and bed bugs. It's impossible to relax on the beach because people are constantly harassing you to purchase merchandise/service. The majority of staff cannot even speak English, and lastly the management is disgusting and horrible!!

• Stayed August 2013

Cumming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

When I booked this resort it had almost a 5.0 review. I should have paid more attention that in the last two months, the rating has declined and the reviews have not been so favorable. I upgraded to the platinum type room which allowed us our own concierge and private beach. The way it is advertised, you would think the "private" beach is right outside your door. Oh no. it is down a road and all it is is a roped off area separate from the rest of the "regular" beach. Yes the chairs are a bit nicer but that's about it. No drink service. You have to go get your drinks. The drinks in the entire resort are very watered down. It was like juice. Tasty, but if people are spending money to be in an all exclusive with liquor, they may want something that actually tastes like alcohol. The resort is quite large so there are little trolleys that take you from your room area to the lobby. They advertise free wifi in the lobby which is true. If you need to stay in contact with your work or family, be prepared to have to venture out to the lobby just to get a signal. The concierge level does have desktop computers for your use if you're Platinum. Usually when you pay to have the concierge service, they go out of their way to accommodate you. Not here. The main man acted like I was disturbing him every time I asked a question. Food quality just ok. All in all, I'll stick with Mexico. Nicer people. And watch out for the wolves trying to sell you time shares. They're relentless. Disappointed!!

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay here, upgrade to the platinum room. They pay a little more attention to you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are deeply sadden to hear about the experience you had and we wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences. Our responsible managers have been informed about it.