You can read another related review about the Caribe Club Prince Resort from where we transferred on day 5. That's not to tally taint that resort as it has preferences for us. But mainly we wanted a 5 star bedroom facility and feel we got that in Bldg 70 of the Bungalow Suites. It is perfectly situated not far from the beach and a little closer to 3 of the main restaurants. Make sure you know where your building is located before staying there. Loved the ambience of the bedroom, Jacuzzi and the shower was fab. I think we saw all the CSI, Criminal Minds and NCIS episodes there were to see in the late evenings and early mornings while lying in a nice large king bed which was clean and comfortable. This is usually our priority and this room and resort wins a 5 for this area at least. Last mention for our room was Marcia our maid for the week. Marcia knows what she did for us and we can only say check back when we get the picture posted in about a couple of weeks. Marcia you are the most gracious and humble attendant we have ever encountered. Take good care of your 3 beautiful children.
Now for the rest. Dominican resorts are all beginning to look and feel much the same when it comes to the beaches, the bars and buffets. Regulars will know what I am talking about. Not a great deal of difference so don't worry as long as you pick a minimum 4 star and you'll get average to good bars, buffets and services and a great beach. The Bavaro Princess though was a disappointment as to our expectation as a 4.5-5 star resort. Status Quo with most things and less than adequate with restaurant selection (BEWARE what's actually open and get there early!) Stay away from the pool and buffets and trolleys on weekends. Read other reviews and you'll understand. The trolley service in particular was a major disappointment. Good luck finding a seat. Choices of where to eat during the day, well good luck with that too. That's where the Caribe Club excels over the Bavaro. Far more choices and more convenient. We won't be back not only to this or the Caribe Club very soon, but the Dominican in general unfortunately. If you're going to spend $4,000-$6,000 as we do from St. John's NL in Canada then we feel the better bang for your vacation dollar is in Mexico or Jamaica for an all inclusive Carribean trip. That's our view for you Caribbean travellers to the major islands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana