“Wonderful wedding vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #38 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Winnipeg, mb
“Wonderful wedding vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A group of 10 of us stayed at the Bavaro Princess from April 17-24. Check in was fairly fast once we got to the resort. As we were there for my husband and my wedding all our guests that came with us got upgraded to platinum rooms, not with the anytime though. My mother-in-law came with my husbands aunt and grandma 3 days before us and were not upgraded. The aunt booked a platinum room so it was no worry but after some talk they agreed to move my mother-in-law. We got to our rooms on the trolley a fair bit before they brought our luggage to the rooms. We were in the 790 building and it was very nice it was a coincidence to be by the aunt that came 3 days before.
The rooms were very clean, the staff were friendly if you were friendly to them.
The wedding was amazing, francelia was amazing had everything perfect. Mix up with the flowers but they brought us the right ones a few minutes later. The path up to the gazebo they blocked off with a palm tree fence to block people riding the trolley from looking.
The restaurants
The buffet was always good, never had a complaint about that. Loved the crepes in the morning with guava jelly and banana. The seafood was ok not much of choices and you had to pay extra for lobster. The Japanese was really good they put on a good show. Really hard to get into it, but with a platinum wristband it managed us a reservation. Licey the restaurant you pay for was very disappointing, the option was fillet minion and fish. When my mother in law went a few days earlier they had lobster and my husband was looking forward to it. Chopin we had our wedding dinner there it was very disappointing, a lot of the mini lobsters were under cooked. Beach bar produced multiple undercooked burgers for many of our family members.
But overall good vacation

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. We are pleased that you had a good experience at Bavaro Princess and that our staff provided an excellent service, specially Francelia.

We look forward to your next stay with us and extend a warm welcome back when you next visit Punta Cana.

Warmest regards,

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Polish first
Lonsdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We Stayed in a Jr. Bungalow Suite

We did splurge for the Platinum services but do not feel as though we lacked any service or amenities.

Pros:
Grounds were very pretty and clean

Food: big variety but not great. Actually as good as any food that I get when I'm out of the US. (I think that I have a very 'domestic pallet'). The burgers and fries down at McPrincess are good. If you book snorkeling excursion you can get bread from the restaurants to feed the fish with. - That was really cool.

Room: Clean, modern (had I-phone docking station and flat screen TV. We enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub

Vacation Guide - VIP was our vacation guide company. Our Rep was informative and did not push us to book any excursions.

Cons:
Bed: Hard! I like a firm mattress but wow! We stayed in room 812 and our mattress was possibly made of concrete. Our friends in 842 had the same complaint.

Mini Bar: It comes with 2 water, 4 soda and 2 beer limit per day. I could have used more beer.

Excursion sales: staff roam the lobby area and beach: Some excursion sales people and
nightly vendors set up in the courtyard and are really pushy - reminds you of vendors on the streets in many 3rd world towns.

The Market: There is a market in the common area/lobby area. Do not forget dental floss!! They have a strange pricing strategy. Some things like a t-shirt are reasonably priced to expensive. Other things like dental floss are grossly overpriced. They were asking $9 for a small roll.

Side Notes:
My wife wanted me to suggest the Bavaro Princess. It is a house drink there that she fell in love with.

Dining: We were here 6/27-7/3 and this is the slow season. That being said, on any given night 2 or 3 of the 5 restauraunts will be open and you will probably have to wait for a table. Know this going in because I heard several patrons complaining about having to wait. The buffet up front is open every night.

The grounds are absolutely huge. Its not hard to get a lay of the land and there is a trolley service. If you are an early riser though you may find yourself walking to breakfast and for me staying in building 81 its about an 8 minute walk. Just know that if you aren't a fan of footin' it.

I hope this helps..

Room Tip: I focus on hanging at the beach so this would help me. The following buildings are close to the bea...
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, after your stay in our Hotel Bavaro Princess.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor our success in meeting guests needs and expectations.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Week of June 29th to July 6
We booked this hotel based on many of the reviews we read on this website, as it stated a 5 star resort. This was my second time in Punta Cana, and I've been to the Caribbean at least 3 times before (Mexico, Jamaica, Punta Cana). Average is literally the best word I can use to describe our vacation. As soon as we arrived, check-in was quite fast. The room looked really nice and modern at first, but once we slept at night, the bed was really not comfortable. Not a real king size bed, as it's two single beds stuck together with an annoying space in between. We also got bitten on our first night at least 4 times by a mosquito. The rooms however were cleaned well. Second, from all of the resorts I've been to in the south, I have never EVER witnessed locals being present in a touristic resort. But the good thing is, they only show up on Friday afternoons and leave Sunday afternoons. FYI, the mini bus that you can take to avoid the long walks in the resort will be filled with locals therefore no room for you! They literally push you away and throw their kids in and you're stuck waiting another 10 minutes for the bus to show up. Also, the entertainment at night becomes only Spanish, with very very little English and/or French. Once the locals leave, everything get translated into English. The beach was really nice and the sand was rock-free so it's very comfortable to walk on. The main pool was way too hot, and when the locals are there, it gets filled up to the point where you can't swim comfortably. Lots of screaming kids so if you want some peace, I suggest staying on the beach. The food was really average as well. Not much choice during lunch and most of the food wasn’t as good as other restos I’ve been to. It’s not amazing, and not horrible. Just average. Also, the 7 restos they claim to have is a gimmick. There's only 2-3 open every night, not seven. Plus, 4 people from our group got sick with severe diarrhea when eating at the Italian resto (BELLA PASTA). Coincidence? I think not. The Japanese resto (TANUKI) wasn’t very good, and you didn’t get lots of food, so I wouldn’t suggest it. Also, there’s no reservation possible at the restaurants so if you plan on dinning at one of them, you gotta get there at 6pm. We arrived at one of them at around 7:30 and there was a huge line-up so we just decided to leave. The waiting time is about 1 hour or more. The service was good, but some of the staff seemed more obsessed with getting tipped than anything else. So try to find genuine servers to tip and stay away from the fake! The nightlife is pretty dull, as I’ve seen better entertainment in other resorts so there’s not much you can do. The casino is worth visiting as it’s nice and you might win some big money… ;) There’s plently of mosquitos so make sure to bring some OFF with you and spray spray spray! When staying on the beach during the day, you can expect a lot of sellers of excursions to bother you so if you’re not interested, just say it and ignore. If you want to buy some souvenirs, don’t bother visiting the mini stores located in the resort as they are very very expensive. Some night, you’ll find little kiosques located in the main lobby with sellers that stick to you and throw their merchandise onto you! The best place to buy and negotiate a good price would be just outside of the resort (orange mini outdoor mall). The workers are really funny and make sure to negotiate till you drop! Finally, I can’t say it was a horrible experience, but it wasn’t a resort I’d go back to. Had I known this information, I might have chosen a different location.

Room Tip: Rooms located in the 300's are perfect location. Not lots of noise, but a close distance to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are deeply sadden to hear about the experience you had and we wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences. Our responsible managers have been informed about it.

Kind regards,

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We travelled there as a couple from june29-july6 and we really enjoyed our trip at this hotel. At first, we had a junior suite, but as soon as we got there we upgraded it to a bungalow suite, which was totally worth it. We were in building 34, and it was perfect. Really close to the beach. I celebrated my birthday that week, so the maid decorated the room with balloons, and flowers... a really nice and sweet attention from her. Nice and good food, good service and staff. Shows at night were great too, and fun. If you want a spot under an umbrella, make sure to go to the beach early in the morning (8h30 am), to save yourself a spot with your towels. I would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Do not forget your ''OFF'', (insect repellent).. i had some bug bites the last 3 day...
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.

Guest satisfaction is our main goal at Bavaro Princess, and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With Kindest Regards,

Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We traveled June 28-July 2, staying 4 nights. We were very pleased with our accommodations as we stayed in adjoining bungalow rooms 341 & 342. We were within walking distance to the beach and main pool area. We could also easily catch the shuttle back to the main building but could also walk there in 6-8 minutes. It does not take long to figure out the lay of the land. The food was okay but not bad. The service everywhere was great and we found the workers there to be very friendly. Celios, the apple vacation guide was very nice and did not push the excursions on us, but did inform us. Some of the vendors on the beach were pushy but clearly say "Not interested" and they will leave you alone. The most spectacular thing about Punta Cana is the beach. The water is the perfect temp and the turquoise color inviting. Get down to the beach early though to save a spot under one of the umbrellas because the sun does get hot. What was amazing to me was that the sand never felt hot to walk on, unlike east coast beaches. The entertainment at night was fabulous - very talented singers and dancers. Personally, I did not care for the beach parties at night but understand that younger folks may appreciate that. The rooms were neat and clean but could use a little updating. Overall, I was very pleased with the value of the trip for our family of 4.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure to host you and it is a great satisfaction to know that you were fully satisfied.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Kind regards,

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

After being stuck in a hotel room infested with black mold, bed bugs and inedible food, we trnsfered to this resot and it was luxurious by comparison.But let me try to give you an unbiased review:

Rooms: Great! Good size, relatively modern, clean- no bugs or pubes in the tub or sheets :) Key card entry and relatively sound proof between you and your neighbors. The bungalows are all 8-plexes - two floors- get a 2nd floor or else you'll be hearing chairs and thumping over your head at all hours.

Beach: Beautiful- a little seaweed washed up on shore each night because there was a big storm earlier in the week, but nothing to complain about. Grounds keepers keep it clean . White sands and good waves- no jelly fish!

Complaint: Despite its beauty, the beach is not for quiet reflection or anyone looking to relax. They have a beach party DJ or Disco all day with screaming DJ and blasting techno music, can't hear yourself think- This goes on from 10AM to midnight. Also, if your room is unfortunate enough to be near the pool or beach, the noise will drive you nuts. Bring earplugs.

Complaint: Maids hollaring at each other from acrosss corridors or streets while cleaning. Echos really loudly, can't sleep past 8AM so don't get too drunk the night before and expect to sleep in!

Staff: Concierge was wonderful, sympthetic to complaints , attentive to requests and really seemed to care about your experience. They work on tips so bring lots of dollar bills with you if you want to be 'taken care of'.

Cleaning and repair crew: Do not let them in your room unattended. Maids unlock windows purposely ( they're not airing out the room), two break in's while we were here. Once tried to get into the safe and once took valuables from the livingroom table. Concierge replaced alacarte tickets and had to reset the safe. No indication that action would be taken regarding the theft.

Food: They try, and I supposed by local standards, the food is fit for a king. But by north american standards or people with taste buds, you should know that most of the foods are constructed from powdered, water packed, dehydrated foods. Fresh Foods are prepared hours in advance to prepare for the breakfast, lunch and dinner rush, so most hot items are either cold or luke warm and harder or drier than supposed to be. Stick with fresh grilled items, just add salt and ketchup - you won't starve but this is not for cullinary experts or foodies. Fresh fruits and vegetables have no flavor at all and watch out for fruit fies and birds on the open buffet trays.

Drinks: It's all inclusive.. what do you expect. All drinks are watered down, sugar water. Pinacolada slushi was always broken so never get the slushie just pina juice on the rocks. Bartender said its because this drink is ordered so often, the juice has no time to freeze in the slushi machine.. Order beer and wine only to get your moneys worth if you're not an 'all day' kind of drinker. They expect people to behave like lushes so surely they'd go broke if they gave out full premiums all day.

MAMAWANNA is great! Everywhere you go, in Dominican, they serve a local drink called Mammawa- its like a spicy rum- and because it's made locally, it tastes different every where you have it. Still good, no matter where you have it or what flavor it is. I had strep throat and I swear this fire water cured it. I was able to actually enjoy my days here because of it.

All common areas are 'open concept' and the ceiling fans are rarely running, so it is absolutely stiffling! The heat and humidy are unbareable. So if you're delicate, this is not for you. You won't be able to enjoy the all inclusive bar, the shows, or just lazing around under the thatch canopy.

I would not ,come back here- not because it's bad but because I realize that I am a spoiled gringo traveller with expectatations that are way too high for this geography. If you're like me, stay at a RIU Sensimar or HardRock which are on Macau Beach and it's the most famous beach in Dominican. It's the beach you see in all the traveller brochures.

Room Tip: The room safe is never really 'safe'. Always take your valuables with you. Split them up bet...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We regret to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations, for which we would like to present our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very modern and clean rooms offered to platinum guest
Very nice beach, a bit dirty but acceptable. Seen much worse in punta Cana.
A bit noisy beach from next door resort - daily beach parties
Food just as bad as other resort. Go for grilled fish. Fries and olives will do. Everything else tastes like tofu
Very nice staff, specially at the reception.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your previous stay in our Hotel. We have taken particular notice regarding the food experience, which was forwarded to our management.

We are pleased that the service given by our reception staff was up to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,