After being stuck in a hotel room infested with black mold, bed bugs and inedible food, we trnsfered to this resot and it was luxurious by comparison.But let me try to give you an unbiased review:
Rooms: Great! Good size, relatively modern, clean- no bugs or pubes in the tub or sheets :) Key card entry and relatively sound proof between you and your neighbors. The bungalows are all 8-plexes - two floors- get a 2nd floor or else you'll be hearing chairs and thumping over your head at all hours.
Beach: Beautiful- a little seaweed washed up on shore each night because there was a big storm earlier in the week, but nothing to complain about. Grounds keepers keep it clean . White sands and good waves- no jelly fish!
Complaint: Despite its beauty, the beach is not for quiet reflection or anyone looking to relax. They have a beach party DJ or Disco all day with screaming DJ and blasting techno music, can't hear yourself think- This goes on from 10AM to midnight. Also, if your room is unfortunate enough to be near the pool or beach, the noise will drive you nuts. Bring earplugs.
Complaint: Maids hollaring at each other from acrosss corridors or streets while cleaning. Echos really loudly, can't sleep past 8AM so don't get too drunk the night before and expect to sleep in!
Staff: Concierge was wonderful, sympthetic to complaints , attentive to requests and really seemed to care about your experience. They work on tips so bring lots of dollar bills with you if you want to be 'taken care of'.
Cleaning and repair crew: Do not let them in your room unattended. Maids unlock windows purposely ( they're not airing out the room), two break in's while we were here. Once tried to get into the safe and once took valuables from the livingroom table. Concierge replaced alacarte tickets and had to reset the safe. No indication that action would be taken regarding the theft.
Food: They try, and I supposed by local standards, the food is fit for a king. But by north american standards or people with taste buds, you should know that most of the foods are constructed from powdered, water packed, dehydrated foods. Fresh Foods are prepared hours in advance to prepare for the breakfast, lunch and dinner rush, so most hot items are either cold or luke warm and harder or drier than supposed to be. Stick with fresh grilled items, just add salt and ketchup - you won't starve but this is not for cullinary experts or foodies. Fresh fruits and vegetables have no flavor at all and watch out for fruit fies and birds on the open buffet trays.
Drinks: It's all inclusive.. what do you expect. All drinks are watered down, sugar water. Pinacolada slushi was always broken so never get the slushie just pina juice on the rocks. Bartender said its because this drink is ordered so often, the juice has no time to freeze in the slushi machine.. Order beer and wine only to get your moneys worth if you're not an 'all day' kind of drinker. They expect people to behave like lushes so surely they'd go broke if they gave out full premiums all day.
MAMAWANNA is great! Everywhere you go, in Dominican, they serve a local drink called Mammawa- its like a spicy rum- and because it's made locally, it tastes different every where you have it. Still good, no matter where you have it or what flavor it is. I had strep throat and I swear this fire water cured it. I was able to actually enjoy my days here because of it.
All common areas are 'open concept' and the ceiling fans are rarely running, so it is absolutely stiffling! The heat and humidy are unbareable. So if you're delicate, this is not for you. You won't be able to enjoy the all inclusive bar, the shows, or just lazing around under the thatch canopy.
I would not ,come back here- not because it's bad but because I realize that I am a spoiled gringo traveller with expectatations that are way too high for this geography. If you're like me, stay at a RIU Sensimar or HardRock which are on Macau Beach and it's the most famous beach in Dominican. It's the beach you see in all the traveller brochures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana