My review is a little late - better late than never I guess.
Traveled with bunch of my family members (13 in total, ages 13-66) in November 2012.
Resort: close to the airport. Resort is pretty big. There is a trolley that moves throughout the resort, picking up people at different spots. Our group walked most of the time but the trolley was a nice alternative when you didn't feel like walking or for the older ones in the bunch. Resort itself was well-maintained and pretty. Pool is large and always jumping. Drinks were always flowing and never seemed watered down. Pool bar was the place to be and there are many games that the staff host throughout the day.
Beach: was amazing. Not for those who want calm waters. There are waves - our family had a blast in them. Seven pairs of sunglasses in total lost ... it was worth it though! So much fun. Never had an issue getting drinks, towels or chairs. You get a bit of harassment about buying things, i.e. boat rides, tours, merchandise, etc., but typically a quick "no thank you" sufficed. No biggie for us. We walked pretty far on both sides of Bavaro and Bavaro by far had the best stretch of beach in our opinion.
Rooms: stayed in the regular suites ... close to the pool. Loved the layout of the rooms they were very big. No one had any real issues with their rooms, the odd big bug, little bugs, phone not working, etc. Resort staff quickly tended to any concerns we had. We particularly had no real issues in our room, as expected water pressure not the greatest and our room was freezing with no way to turn it down. Overall rooms were nice.
Food: we went to the breakfast buffet every morning, never was a shortage of food. Good variety. As well, it was expected things would taste/be prepared differently. For example, wasn't a fan of how the scrambled eggs were made. However, I went to the omelet station and loved them. I pretty much ate waffles, pancakes, fruit and omelets every morning. There was a decent lunch buffet at one of the restaurants down by the beach but we mostly grabbed snacks at the McPrincess (fries, burgers, etc.), if we ate lunch at all. The restaurants for dinner were okay. I did not really like the fact that we could essentially only go to each restaurant once (excluding the buffet which you could go to any night). I think if you go Platinum this isn't the case. We really enjoyed the pasta restaurant and (luckily for us) they forgot to stamp our ticket so we went back closer to the end of our trip a second time. Also, we did wait a few times for a table. However, adjusting the times we went to dinner seemed to help. Not all restaurants are open each night. Food was just okay, no one starved that's for sure.
Overall: we enjoyed our stay, most of the group said they would return. Good bang for your buck! Be sure to check out the sunrise - beautiful!! Everyone who we interacted with was friendly and helpful. Be sure to brush on your Spanish.
Great time with the fam. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana