“2013 Punta Cana trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #36 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
“2013 Punta Cana trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited Bavaro from April 2 - 9th, 2013 with my sister. This has been my fourth time to this resort and my sister's 2nd. The resort is absolutely gorgeous and very easy to get around. The grounds are immaculate and the trolly's are handy. However, if you do need to walk from the beach to the lobby, it's not very far and the paths are well lite. The beach is stunning and very clean. While walking along the beach and seeing other resorts, Bavaro is by far the best beach front on the strip. The food was good and we highly recommend the a la carte, especially the Fish Restaurant. The ceviche was AMAZING!!!

The staff.... because we have been back a few times, we have become friends with the staff. Not only are they very help in assisting you with any requests, they are friendly, cheerful and made the vacation extra special. In particular, a shout out to Carlos Felix from Apple Vacations he is our hermano dominicano... he is amazing and goes out of his way to make sure we are comfortable and our needs are met. Tony Estenor from Apple Vacations also made sure that we were comfortable and made sure that staff at the Fish Restaurant took care of us.

The Entire Animation Crew kept us entertained - Happy Face, Melvin, Robert, Juan Carlos, Michael, Juan, and our special friend Carlitos ! (Sorry if we missed anyone!!!) Juan Carlos has the energy of the energizer bunny! He is cheerful and can dance like a champ. He taught us a few moves! Carlitos is also an amazing dancer and amazingly entertaining. Wendy is one of the chefs in the lobby restaurant. He made us the best banana crepe ever!!! Be sure to see him and try one! Anna Carmona is one of the housekeeping ladies. She is an absolute doll and you are lucky if you have her tending to your room.

These people work hard and they all go out of their way to make sure your vacation runs smoothly. If you do get a chance to visit Bavaro, consider yourself lucky to have these people take care of you during your stay.

All in all, this resort is great for a couples vacation, family vacation or a vacation if you want to go somewhere alone. It's safe and very affordable. We hope to be back soon!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at the resort in the spring of 2012, it was a booking error by our travel agent, but it was an error we are delighted she made. We changed agents and made sure she booked us into this resort in the spring of 2013.
The resort is large, with beautiful grounds and many amenities. The food was excellent, the rooms were tasteful and the housekeeping was top notch. I can't say enough about the staff, extremely friendly, helpful and plenty of fun.
My daughter is going next week, it's a graduation gift that I'm sure she will enjoy and appreciate.
Bravo Bavaro, keep up the great work and see you again.

Bill Kelley

• Stayed March 2013
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Punta Cana : BAVARO PRINCESS ALL SUITES
Stay 05 Apr 2013 - 12 Apr 2013

This is an awesome resort for the money, not too big, not too small. It was easy to get around and very convenient. There was always a train there to pick you up and only took a minute or two to get to where you needed to be. The room was large and spacious as well as spotlessly clean, with great air-conditioning. The whole resort itself was spotless as well. The staff were always cleaning something. The food on this resort was wonderful as was the wait staff. We enjoyed the main buffet, the beach buffet, and the a-la-cartes. The entertainment and animation team were fabulous. Loved the live shows and singing. The beach itself was the best in the area. I walked for an hour each way along the beach and was very happy I picked the resort I did. During the day there was always something going on at the beach or the main pool area to keep you entertained. I would highly recommend this resort to each and everyone. There is not one negative other than I wish I had 2 weeks stay instead of 1. This was our 6th time to the Punta Cana area, with a big thank you to Bavaro Princess for a great holiday experience.

The strong points: location, beach, staff, room, clean, food, friendliness, entertainment.
The weak points: there are no weak points.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms closest to the main lobby so that in the evening you are near the main buffet, th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Let me start off this review by saying that this is my first time travelling to a tropical vacation so I have nothing to compare this experience to. With that being said this was still a vacation of a life time. When we (myself, my bf, sister and her bf) first booked this vacation I was very worried and hesitant after reading so many reviews, thankfully none of the negative of reviews were true. I would recommend this resort in an instant and would return tomorrow if I could. Ill break down my review into a variety of categories.

Travel: We booked our vacation with Sunwing and were terribly disappointed with their service, our flight was delayed one day so we lost a significant amount of time at the resort since we only stayed for 7 days 6 nights. The airport was stunning when we arrived! There was some confusion when filling out the forms but by asking others we quickly figured it out and were on our way to the resort, very convenient to have a bus to take you to your resort and to get a quick preview of other resorts (ours was the most beautiful :D)

Weather: Unfortunately we did not have the best weather, the first two days were beautiful and very warm but the remainder of our trip was cloudy and rainy (still very warm thankfully). We tried to keep ourselves occupied by playing cards, relaxing and enjoying some food and delicious drinks.

Food/Drinks: We went to two of the a la carte restaurants and they were delicious. We went to El Gaucho twice (sirloin steak is delicious), and Bella Pasta once (Also amazing! Try the chocolate truffle dessert, its probably the best Ive ever had in my entire life). Ignore the comments about the Buffet being awful because it was the furthest from that. I travelled with some very picky and adventurous eaters and there was always something for someone, such a large tasty selection. The sandwiches were my favourite to have for breakfast with the delicious fresh bread. The McPrincess snack bar by the beach was also yummy and a great quick snack! The fries are more-ish, the more you eat the more you want because they were so tasty and crispy! Another thing to ignore is the comment about having "weak" drinks, the opposite is actually true. Sometimes we were given drinks that were 3/4 alcohol and 1/4 mix, we didnt even tip and received excellent service. Some drinks that I loved were the strawberry daiquiris, coco locos (like a dessert in a glass) and the Sammy Sosa.
In the lobby there was often popcorn as snacks, which was great midday as a little treat!

Room: Our room was stunning, super clean and comfortable. We had some problems with our air conditioning early on but it was fixed immediately. We had a bungalow suite with a king bed and jacuzzi. The beds were super comfortable! We did tip our made everyday with money and a few makeup/skincare samples because we wanted to ensure that we had a clean room. We received towel decorations daily, fresh flowers daily, and a cute design on our bed everyday!

Trolley: The resort is MASSIVE so there is a trolley that runs every 10 minutes or so. This was very convenient if you did not feel like walking, some that I travelled with thought that this was a nuisance to have to take everywhere. This did not bother me because you're in paradise and I'm in no rush to be anywhere! One downfall is in the afternoons during supper rush, after evening shows and during the rain they were packed and you often had to wait for a few trolleys to pass to get a seat.

Casino: We were very disappointed with the casino. We went there on multiple occassions, only to find it mostly vacant. Also the driver for the "free" shuttle to and from the resort was very rude and held out his hand for a tip every time we got off. We did not have any problem with people asking for tips besides this man.

Activities: The night time shows were very entertaining, I did not get to see them all because the others did not want to but the ones that I did see were excellent. The band and vocalists have such an amazing talent! After the evening shows the band also plays live or there is a dj to provide a party atmosphere in the main area/lobby.

Excursion: We only did one excursion which was the Caribbean festival. It was an experience of a lifetime to swim with sharks and sting rays but it was nothing less then amazing! It was definitely worth the money!

Massage: My boyfriend and I opted to have a massage by the beach and it was absolute serenity. It was an experience that I will never forget. Being able to hear the ocean, trees, birds, and to feel the tropical air was breathtaking. The price that we paid is cheaper than a massage here in Canada, I would recommend this to any couple! We had the hour relaxation massage for $80.

Beach/Pool: The Beach is breathtaking, we took a walk along the beach one evening and it was great. The sand is so soft, the water such a pretty blue, amazing. Words cant even describe the beauty!
Unfortunately, there is a downside. In order to get a chair on the beach/pool you have to be awake at 7-8am and lay out your towel. We would arrive at around 10 am and EVERY chair would be taken by people who were not even present and who would lay out their items to save their spot. This was so frustrating because often these individuals would not return for hours. We sat in one persons spot for 7 hours until they returned, absolutely ridiculous! This is something that the employees should look out for and prevent. This is the only reason that we might consider platinum for the next time :(
They were always activities at the pool that were a fun time to watch and participate in. There were also several classes to teach individuals how to make fruit sculptures, towel animals, palm tree hats, etc. that were interesting to watch!

Resort: The resort itself is very beautiful and extremely well maintained. There were always workers cleaning and maintaining different things.

People/Service: The lifestyle here is something that is very attractive, everyone is ALWAYS happy, singing, smiling and laughing. You have to be a pretty negative person to have a bad attitude here. The service was amazing, we never were pushed to tip (aside from the casino), immediately received whatever we asked for (most times without even asking). One negative thing to be aware of is that almost everyday we were asked if we wanted to buy drugs. We are all young individuals 20-26 age range so we didn't care about this, we simply said no thank-you but I could see this turning some people off.

I had one of the best times of my life at this resort, as we kept saying we felt like we owed them money because we had such a great time and ate such great food and beverages! Ignore all of the negative reviews, these people clearly were far too picky. Enjoy life and appreciate the small things in life and you will never be disappointed

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was my fourth trip to the Dominican, and this was resort was amazing!!! It's a HUGE property, with lots of lush greenery, and all kinds of plants and trees throughout the resort. Very beautiful - lots of peacocks, ducks, flamingos, etc walking around. There's a trolley that goes around the whole resort if you don't feel like walking, but the walk from the front of the resort to the beach and pool area isn't bad. There are guys walking around with animals that will take your picture with them (snake, monkey, parrots, etc). The pictures cost $12 each, and are a neat souvenir.

ROOM: We stayed in the main building, and were right at the front by the road, but we had no problems with it. It was very quiet, and close to the lobby and buffet. The room was very clean, and our towels were changed everyday. Our maid was very nice, and appreciated the gifts/money that we left for her everyday. The smaller bungalow type buildings were even nicer, with a few more amenities, but we were fine with our room (how much time do you really plan on spending in the room?)

FOOD: There are 6 a la carte restaurants, and you don't have to make reservations, you just show up and hope that you can get in. We went to the Chinese and the Steakhouse restaurant, and both were excellent. We tried to get into the Japanese restaurant 3 times, and all 3 times there was almost a 2 hour wait. If you want to get into this restaurant, show up right at 6. There are 2 buffets for breakfast and lunch, one near the lobby, and one near the beach. The buffet was amazing, and there was always a huge variety at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every night was a different theme at the buffet, with lots of awesome food. There was a crepe station, omelette station, pasta station, and a ton of other delicious foods. The grill at the beach was awesome, and made amazing hamburgers, hotdogs, and fries.

POOL/BEACH: The main pool is near the beach. It's pretty big, and is very clean and beautiful. The Animacion staff hold games, and other activities at the main pool. The swim up bar is well stocked, and all of the bartenders are very friendly. Raphy was the best one!! There is a smaller/quieter pool near the main building at the front of the resort. There is a bar at this pool, but it is not a swim-up bar. Beautiful pool, but a much quieter area. The beach is breathtaking. It was wavy every day we were there, which was fine with us. There were always loungers at the beach and pool, but if you want chairs under the palapas you have to get up pretty early to reserve them. Vendors walk up and down the beach to try and sell you things. There are also a couple of shops right on the beach behind the resort that sold souvenirs and bathing suits & sarongs. There are lots of people trying to sell you things on the beach - time share people, people trying to sell excursions, banana boat rides, parasailing rides, and people trying to sell photo shoots. Beware of the people trying to sell you excursions on the beach. Book through your tour rep, as they are insured and are safe. The beach vendors are sketchy and you may get ripped off.

This resort was amazing!! Don't hesitate to book it!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are fine, but not as fancy as those in the bungalows. The main build...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

how does the star rating work? Well as I understand it, it is more based on facilities than service and quality. Is this hotel 5* - It's subjective I guess but here is my view on the pros and cons.

We booked this holiday as individual elements and therefore this review is purely for he hotel. We arrived and were we're pleasantly greeted. check-in went smoothly and the reception staff and porters were excellent.

The room was generally great for us as a family of two adults and children aged 4 & 8, we stayed in a deluxe suite numbered 447 which was centrally located to the hotel but was 2 minutes walk to the pool and beach, less than that to some restaurants, and a short trip on the bus to the main hotel area. I would firstly say that if you are offered a room near the hotel end the complex, don't accept this - you want to be as close to the beach and pool as you can get!

The rooms are well equipped but slightly poorly finished. We had a king sized bed, a double sofa bed and a single bed in the room with space to spare. As a couple the room would be enormous and would have a lounge area as well as a table and chairs. We had a large jacuzzi bath, his and hers wash basins, a large walk in shower, and a wc which you can't flush anything down. The room was generally clean but not spotless despite tipping the cleaner well early on, but generally tired with poorly cleaned grout in the tiles, a broken tv remote, and a ceiling fan above the bed which wobbled to the point that we feared for our lives sleeping under it if turned on.

Food wise you have the option of the main buffet restaurant and 6 a-la-carte eateries. All are included in the AI package once per week and do not require booking in advance which is good in one respect but led to long waits to eat at some of the more popular places. The food quality was ok but nothing to write home about. Equally there are far worse paces to eat and so I would generally rate the food as ok as far as AI eating goes. It's far from gourmet but it is fine.

The staff in the eateries and the bars are generally friendly with a few exceptions and a little tip goes a long way. I would recommend that you learn a little Spanish as this is a Spanish speaking country and the staff appreciate you making the effort. Don't expect to come here and bark English at them as it will be you who will suffer and rightly so. Certain sections of the restaurants are badly run and as such getting coffee in the morning with breakfast can sometimes be challenge but you just have to learn to sit in the right section and me friends with the staff.

The local drink is called mamajuana and should be tried as should the sweet rum. The gardeners pick coconuts each week and cut them so that you can drink the milk and you an also try the local sugar cane. In addition the hotel is stocked with local and not so so local wildlife and the photo people come around each day with tame monkeys, parrots etc which the kids love. Some of the photos were quite good however the gross overpricing meant that nobody we knew ever bought one.

So onto the problems. The sunbeds on the beach and by the pool re reserved almost permanently despite however early you get up in the morning. We also had towels stolen and the hotel was particularly awkward in resolving this issue. Guest relations as they call it are useless and it took some serious pressure to get them provide replacements. I also I asked to speak with the hotel manager regarding several issues but they could not be bothered to even make themselves available to talk - simply unacceptable behaviour. It is a shame that there are so many great staff here but the hotel management is so poor.

This hotel also seems to take the approach of hounding its guests with timeshare salespeople. They line the routes to the restaurants waiting to pounce each day under the guise of offering a welcome pack. Unless you know what is coming they seem genuine but then they take you to a special building where they want you to give credit card details etc. when we refused they suddenly turned nasty and said we were wasting their time - nice! My advice - tell these salespeople very clearly were to go in no uncertain terms and proceed with your holiday. Again I wanted to talk to the hotel manager about his but they were unavailable.

This hotel also operates a bizarre platinum all inclusive system where some people are actually stupid enough to pay $45 each per day to sit behind a rope in the same restaurant and get wi-fi access. Any 5* hotel that does not provide Internet access as a matter of course in 2013 is simply archaic. So until they change it, the wi-fi password for cafe del mar on the beach is princess - enjoy and save yourself $45 per day - take your own red rope if you're really bothered about that part.

Overall this place is acceptable and I would rate it somewhere between 3 & 4 stars for quality but there are undoubtably better places to stay and we will not be going back here due to the poor management and focus on fleecing the guests.

Will we return to Punta Cana, yes! The beaches here are spectacular in places and are some of the best we have been to (which is quite a few) although they can be a little too crowded for my liking. Will we go back to this hotel - no.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi password for cafe del mar- princess Ask or a room in the 200s, 300s or 400s Tell timeshare s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I arrived home from the Bavaro Princess yesterday. I absolutely loved my stay there and would go back in a heart beat. I had the time of my life. The restaurants were delishous aside from Sakura which I did not like. My favorite would have to be the steak house. One thing I was not impresed with was the amount of time it took for us to actually recieve our food. Aside from that I have no complaints. Our room was 587 which was located close to the beach, a huge pool and all of the restaurants. Our last night there we had a beach party and it was amazing. I want to say a special thank you to some of the young men from the entertainment department, Robert, Carlito, Yan Carlos and Juan Carlos. They were the best, so friendly and I am happy they were a part of my vacation. I miss it already!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family