This was my fourth trip to the Dominican, and this was resort was amazing!!! It's a HUGE property, with lots of lush greenery, and all kinds of plants and trees throughout the resort. Very beautiful - lots of peacocks, ducks, flamingos, etc walking around. There's a trolley that goes around the whole resort if you don't feel like walking, but the walk from the front of the resort to the beach and pool area isn't bad. There are guys walking around with animals that will take your picture with them (snake, monkey, parrots, etc). The pictures cost $12 each, and are a neat souvenir.
ROOM: We stayed in the main building, and were right at the front by the road, but we had no problems with it. It was very quiet, and close to the lobby and buffet. The room was very clean, and our towels were changed everyday. Our maid was very nice, and appreciated the gifts/money that we left for her everyday. The smaller bungalow type buildings were even nicer, with a few more amenities, but we were fine with our room (how much time do you really plan on spending in the room?)
FOOD: There are 6 a la carte restaurants, and you don't have to make reservations, you just show up and hope that you can get in. We went to the Chinese and the Steakhouse restaurant, and both were excellent. We tried to get into the Japanese restaurant 3 times, and all 3 times there was almost a 2 hour wait. If you want to get into this restaurant, show up right at 6. There are 2 buffets for breakfast and lunch, one near the lobby, and one near the beach. The buffet was amazing, and there was always a huge variety at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every night was a different theme at the buffet, with lots of awesome food. There was a crepe station, omelette station, pasta station, and a ton of other delicious foods. The grill at the beach was awesome, and made amazing hamburgers, hotdogs, and fries.
POOL/BEACH: The main pool is near the beach. It's pretty big, and is very clean and beautiful. The Animacion staff hold games, and other activities at the main pool. The swim up bar is well stocked, and all of the bartenders are very friendly. Raphy was the best one!! There is a smaller/quieter pool near the main building at the front of the resort. There is a bar at this pool, but it is not a swim-up bar. Beautiful pool, but a much quieter area. The beach is breathtaking. It was wavy every day we were there, which was fine with us. There were always loungers at the beach and pool, but if you want chairs under the palapas you have to get up pretty early to reserve them. Vendors walk up and down the beach to try and sell you things. There are also a couple of shops right on the beach behind the resort that sold souvenirs and bathing suits & sarongs. There are lots of people trying to sell you things on the beach - time share people, people trying to sell excursions, banana boat rides, parasailing rides, and people trying to sell photo shoots. Beware of the people trying to sell you excursions on the beach. Book through your tour rep, as they are insured and are safe. The beach vendors are sketchy and you may get ripped off.
This resort was amazing!! Don't hesitate to book it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana