“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #38 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful, friendly and very very helpful staff. Extremely clean rooms, dining, pool area, the whole resort! The food was very good, lots of selection, breakfast was by far the best meal! Lunch is right next to the beach :) animation team is wonderful! Always encouraging us to get involved and have fun. Always had a great show at night and always looked forward to the shows.

• Stayed March 2013

4,745 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Polish first
Kaluga, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hello everybody, i just want to tell you about a perfect vacation with my friend in Dominican Republic (Punta-Cana, Bavaro Princess) in the March 2013. We were there for one week, but it's not enough for being here. Next time we will take 2 or more weeks for enjoying this place.
Just flight from Russia was very long (11 hours), other things-hotel, food,animation, beach and ocean gave us a wonderful feeling of relax and heaven!!!
We got a very good room-bungalow,all was Ok (I mean toilet room,bathroom)it was clear and comfortable, also with whirlpool) and the room was near to the beach. Hotel area is very huge and green))) There was a trolley which brings your around the hotel and you can reach the place/restaurant you need. There are lot of palms and other trees in the hotel area, also peacocks and other birds)) and it is manicured, clear.
Good choice of food in the main restaurant. The food is very good, fruits (pineapples in particular) are delicious!!! there is about 6 or 7 reataurants a-la carte in the hotel and you can visit different restaurants in the evening, we liked El-Gaucho for tasty meet))) but Sakura f.E. was not very good for us.
Animators in the hotel are simply the best!!!! They make a lot activities on the beach, dancing, aerobics etc. And in the evening they gave to all guests so much joy and liveliness. Jourdain, Melvin, Robert, Gata, Happy Face, Michel, Juan Carlos, Yan Carlos, Alex, Daniel you are THE BEST!!!))) Thank's a lot for making us smile and your hot dancing!!!
also thanks for the evening entertainments)))
Beach was fine, white sand, blue ocean, one day was windy so were waves in the ocean, but it wasn't a big problem.
Just one remark for all the time: there is no toothpicks in the whole hotel))) so if you need it, take it with!!!))))

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Pros: Location! I love where this resort is located. There are endless things to do around there. I was on and off of the resort for excursions and shopping. The staff are great! Nightly entertainment was great and very funny. The lobby bar was busy at night and located right in the middle of everything and the bartender there was super nice and helpful. Food was good, alot of selection. The Disco was hit or miss. Some nights it was full and some nights there were only a few people. The disco allows locals in, so ladies beware. Dominican men can be a bit too friendly. There was alot of security, so I always felt safe. The beach was stunning! The sand was clean and I had no problem getting a chair. Rooms were cleaned everyday. Check in was super fast and easy. The grounds were amazing and well kept.

Cons: The shower in my room was always cold water. The hair dryer broke after the second day. Getting around the resort was a bit of a challenge for the first few days because the resort is big. There are resort trains that will take you from the front of the resort to the beach etc. I only found one rude staff member and he was the peoson who worked at the Platnum desk. Anything negitave about this resort were just minor issues that you could find in any resort.

All in all, the resort was amazing. I had a really good time. I would go back to this resort again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Third trip to the DR, second to Punta Cana (and many more to Mexico, Jamaica and the Caribbean). My wife and booked a last minute trip to the Bavaro Princess through Funjet just one week before departure.

I do intensive research/ read reviews on multiple sites (although Trip Advisor has always proven the most useful) and couldn't really believe that this resort was available and at a very reasonable price. We have stayed at several RIU and Barcelo resorts and consider them more or less the level we like. So, due to the longer and colder winter than normal we decided to book it and escape for 7 days. Needless to say we were very happy with the decision.

We'll start with the positives:

Beach: better than any in Mexico, Jamaica, or any other "value" locations. Soft, clean sand and water, no rocks, and looong (great for walks!). The only negative was strong winds most of the week, so swimming over head deep water was not safe. (If you want to snorkel from shore, this resort and entire beach is not for you.) Always lots of lounge chairs and even palm umbrellas all day on the beach.

Room: we were upgraded to a regular suite (from a Jr suite) when we arrived (again, the resort was not nearly full) and it was the nicest room we have ever been at (besides a Sandals, at twice the price). Huge space, raised platform for bed, nice hot tub in room, modern shower/bathroom . . . Even extra pillows already on the bed (we had brought our own just in case due to past experience). Hot water whenever we needed it with reasonable pressure.

Grounds: always impressed with how well most resorts maintain their grounds and the Bavaro Princess was no exception.

Pool Bar and bar staff in general: Yes I know a few tips go a long way, but every bartender an nearly all restaurant staff were great. More Mamajuana!?!?! Please!

Restaurants: started out great; buffet had enough variety, although less than others we have visited. But, there were 5-6 a la carte restaurants, so you could practically skip the buffet for dinners. The best were the fish/seafood and steakhouse. The Italian was decent. Chinese was the only bad experience - didn't like anything and the staff was also the coldest. Missed the Asian/Japanese which we heard was excellent from others.

As for Negatives:

Lack of information: we "skipped" the morning orientation because we heard it was a time-share sales pitch. So, a part of the issue may have been our fault. But, simple things like a clear explanation of what types of food each a la carte restaurant served, accurate restaurant hours (some closed early, like 90 minutes early), etc. We knew we were on "island time", so it didn't bother us much. But, getting answers to simple questions was difficult at times, which leads to:

Language: I speak "rusty" Spanish, so we got along pretty good. But, as some others have said the level of English most of the staff spoke, with the exception of bartenders, was little to non-existent. Even ordering dinner at the a la carte restaurants was a bit challenging. Again, overall a minor quibble. But, I could imagine this bothering some people.

Entertainment (evening): We only stayed up to start watching the "shows" two evenings, and we left both pretty quickly. Part of it is we have seen so many of these shows, and they are all the same at all resorts, that we have just lost interest in seeing them . . .

Marinarium Excursion: I'd read some good reviews on this excursion, and my wife is a beginner snorkeler at best, so we decided to try it out. Very disappointing to me. For beginning snorkelers there was no instruction; they dump you in the water and have you paddle into a penned-off area where you can snorkel among a few nurse sharks and sting rays For newbees it was a thrill I'm told, but I just felt badly for them, caged-up for people to stir-up and "appreciate nature". Yah, no! Then the staff held up one sting ray for everyone (40+ in our group) to "pet and take a photo. It all just turned me off. Then, after a 40 minute slow cruise along the shoreline we stopped for a 30 minute "swim" in waste deep water...more like a "pee" break. The, back on the boat for a 40 minute "cruise" along the beach back to the dock. I wouldn't waste my money on something like this ever again.

Just to clarify, although I have mentioned some negative items, we would definitely place this resort among the top ones we have visited in the Caribbean and Mexico. You just have to come knowing what to expect. Those who have strong negative reviews here need to stay in their 5+ star luxury hotels and pay the price to be "pampered" as they want.

So, you can book this place at a good price, by all means jump! You'll have a great time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and our two boys , 8 and 13, stayed here from March 9 - 16. Check in excellent. Room was large. My oldest slept on the pull out couch and they brought a cot for my youngest. Even with that the room was very spacious. The jacuzzi tub was great. Rooms are cold. We would turn off the fan at times. The king sized bed is very hard. Too bad. We stayed in bungalow 32. Very close to the beach. We really enjoyed sitting on the deck every morning and late afternoon. The beach is spectacular!!!!! We bought a boogie board and had a blast in the waves all week. Drinks were good, food was good. I was the only one in my family that did not enjoy McPrincess. The kids loved it. The steakhouse meal was really really good. We had the T Bone. Delish. Japanese was fun.and food was good. Didnt eat at any of the others. We stuck with the buffet. Def make sure yku hit up the buffet on Sat night for mexican night and Thurs night for Dominican night. There is a guy that does up personalized cakes. The kids thought that was pretty cool. All in all I would def return to this resort if the price was right!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Port Stanley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I were at the Bavaro Princess, Punta Cana for the week of February 25, 2013. We upgraded to the Platinum rooms before we went because we wanted to be sure to be close to the beach. We were in the 700's (room #) which was so close to the beach and pool. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation and our room was wonderful, bed was comfortable and it was so clean. Upgrading meant that as soon as we arrived, we were escorted to the Platinum Lounge, received a welcome drink and an outline of the resort. The Lounge has premium drinks, two computers with free internet and two nights throughout our stay they had a sushi bar and another was a wine and cheese 'events' before we went to dinner.

For the size of this resort (100 acres) they move people quickly on three trolleys; the food was fabulous and we enjoyed the buffets far more than the A La Cartes and each of them were good in their own way. There are bungalows throughout and no more than two stories high - very nice. The nightly shows left something to be desired because the entertainers at the pool were often the entertainers at night. They did a great job but not high calibre if you want that. We went to the casino three times and once again they have a trolley just for this purpose and they take you there (just outside the Bavaro Princess gates) and bring you back.

The drinks on the beach/pool are watered down and sometimes you need to ask for 'booze' to be added. That has been our experience whenever you stay at a resort. My husband only drinks beer so he was happy. After my 'sun' day, I would go to the Platinum Lodge and get my Canadian Club with water and it was nice that they knew me and were welcoming.

Beach was fabulous and the water was quite rough so we parked ourselves mainly at the pool which was big and easy to get into for older folks and children.

You need to get up at the crack of dawn to get chairs at the pool and in the Platinum roped off beach area that we had access to. Many people placed their towels on chairs but weren't there all day which I found very inconsiderate. Someone there had a good tip - take a couple of old beach towels and put them on your chairs so that it is easy to identify in the sea of blue towels.

I would highly recommend this resort, you will not be disappointed. Thank you for reading my review.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room, close to beach or 'main' pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wonderful experience at this resort. We found it perfect for us as we were seeking sun, beach time and rest. We thought it was a good choice for all age groups, service was excellent, beach outstanding, our suite was lovely, grounds are meticulous, food was very good. We also enjoyed the entertainment. They all work so hard during the day and then perform at night, none are professionals! This group gave the best of any resort we have been to so far! Would definately recommend this resort to our friends and hope to go back again!

Room Tip: We were located midway between the beach and the lobby which we liked very much. We asked for a seco...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple