“Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #39 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Canada
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and our two boys , 8 and 13, stayed here from March 9 - 16. Check in excellent. Room was large. My oldest slept on the pull out couch and they brought a cot for my youngest. Even with that the room was very spacious. The jacuzzi tub was great. Rooms are cold. We would turn off the fan at times. The king sized bed is very hard. Too bad. We stayed in bungalow 32. Very close to the beach. We really enjoyed sitting on the deck every morning and late afternoon. The beach is spectacular!!!!! We bought a boogie board and had a blast in the waves all week. Drinks were good, food was good. I was the only one in my family that did not enjoy McPrincess. The kids loved it. The steakhouse meal was really really good. We had the T Bone. Delish. Japanese was fun.and food was good. Didnt eat at any of the others. We stuck with the buffet. Def make sure yku hit up the buffet on Sat night for mexican night and Thurs night for Dominican night. There is a guy that does up personalized cakes. The kids thought that was pretty cool. All in all I would def return to this resort if the price was right!!!

• Stayed March 2013

4,835 people have reviewed this hotel

1921
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Polish first
Port Stanley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I were at the Bavaro Princess, Punta Cana for the week of February 25, 2013. We upgraded to the Platinum rooms before we went because we wanted to be sure to be close to the beach. We were in the 700's (room #) which was so close to the beach and pool. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation and our room was wonderful, bed was comfortable and it was so clean. Upgrading meant that as soon as we arrived, we were escorted to the Platinum Lounge, received a welcome drink and an outline of the resort. The Lounge has premium drinks, two computers with free internet and two nights throughout our stay they had a sushi bar and another was a wine and cheese 'events' before we went to dinner.

For the size of this resort (100 acres) they move people quickly on three trolleys; the food was fabulous and we enjoyed the buffets far more than the A La Cartes and each of them were good in their own way. There are bungalows throughout and no more than two stories high - very nice. The nightly shows left something to be desired because the entertainers at the pool were often the entertainers at night. They did a great job but not high calibre if you want that. We went to the casino three times and once again they have a trolley just for this purpose and they take you there (just outside the Bavaro Princess gates) and bring you back.

The drinks on the beach/pool are watered down and sometimes you need to ask for 'booze' to be added. That has been our experience whenever you stay at a resort. My husband only drinks beer so he was happy. After my 'sun' day, I would go to the Platinum Lodge and get my Canadian Club with water and it was nice that they knew me and were welcoming.

Beach was fabulous and the water was quite rough so we parked ourselves mainly at the pool which was big and easy to get into for older folks and children.

You need to get up at the crack of dawn to get chairs at the pool and in the Platinum roped off beach area that we had access to. Many people placed their towels on chairs but weren't there all day which I found very inconsiderate. Someone there had a good tip - take a couple of old beach towels and put them on your chairs so that it is easy to identify in the sea of blue towels.

I would highly recommend this resort, you will not be disappointed. Thank you for reading my review.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room, close to beach or 'main' pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wonderful experience at this resort. We found it perfect for us as we were seeking sun, beach time and rest. We thought it was a good choice for all age groups, service was excellent, beach outstanding, our suite was lovely, grounds are meticulous, food was very good. We also enjoyed the entertainment. They all work so hard during the day and then perform at night, none are professionals! This group gave the best of any resort we have been to so far! Would definately recommend this resort to our friends and hope to go back again!

Room Tip: We were located midway between the beach and the lobby which we liked very much. We asked for a seco...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mukwonago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I went to this resort for my brother-in-laws wedding. The resort is beautiful! Lush gardens and great scenery along with a great room made the stay worth while, except for the hard beds. Drawbacks included the food, drinks and lack of English speaking waitstaff. About 80% off the food is seafood and the rest you literally have to choke down. The hot dogs are okay, but the hamburgers were raw in the middle. The drinks tasted very watered down, and it was hard to communicate with the waitstaff as most of them spoke Spanish only. The salon is very slow, as they kept the bride and her mother longer than they should have, and the travel arrangements to the wedding were on "island time". Then the sprinklers went on during pictures. What a mess. Carlos really made our stay! That resort needs more of him! He was a HUGE help! Will I stay here again-----NO!!! I'll stick with my cruises!

Room Tip: We stayed in the bungalow suite---Very nice, big room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My friend and I went to Bavaro Princess for a week in February. I’ve been to Punta Cana before and other places in the Caribbean and this was by far the best resort I’ve been to. We had such a great time and it went by way too fast! The beach was so beautiful and the weather was perfect everyday. The food and drinks were good except the Italian restaurant, don’t go there haha. If you like to party, get a room close to the reception and not on the other side of the little eco reserve because if you go to the disco and you have to walk back to your room really late at night it’s kind of scary walking through the little mini forest! There’s free transportation to a club near the resort and it’s better than the one in the casino. Afternoons in the pool were the best - really fun activities and the animation staff are amazing especially Juan Carolsss mi amorrrrr!!!!!!!!! They made our trip soooo fun! The shows at night are really fun too, they’re all so talented. So overall, this place is awesome and we’re going back asap :) The only thing is that it’s really cold in the rooms and they told us not to turn off the a/c and I only brought one sweater with me. Next time I’ll bring like five haha.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This resort was gorgeous. The pool was excellent as were the room accomodations. The only draw back was the food. If you like salads, vegetables and fruits, you will like the food. The meat left something to be desired. Also, when at this resort, look up Carlos. He is the very best in getting settled in and anything else you might need. He has a brilliant smile and personality and made us feel like family, not just guests. All in all, I would go back again anytime.

Room Tip: Our rooms were in the 300's and it was a 2 minute walk to the pool, beach and most restaurants...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I'm always in puntacana and I rotate between this hotel and occidental grand which is right next door. I like occidental mostly because I've made friends there and it's a small entertaining resort. I was lucky to find that princess is very similar. Staff is nice, entertainers are great and really nice. The room service is okay. I once stayed with my boyfriend and had to call and remind them a dozen times to fix the two beds they gave us to appear as one bed ( this is common on all inclusive resorts) but they just kept forgetting! Another time my ceiling was leaking but el mechanico came quickly to plaster it up.

I would ONLY stay here when upgrading to a beach front room. Only because when I first went they gave it to me because they were over booked, and now I refuse to downgrade. The oceanfront rooms are gorgeous! Recently renovated and just so luxurious. The resort is huge so you need to take little gold carts around they come around often and all night ( I'd get home at 3 am and they'd come get me)

The food is really good, much better then occidental which is why if I go with my boyfriend I stay here. If imgoing with all my friends and we want to party wed just stay at occidental.

Overall this is a great resort it's so beautiful and I really love it. It's worth it

• Stayed June 2012