My husband and I were at the Bavaro Princess, Punta Cana for the week of February 25, 2013. We upgraded to the Platinum rooms before we went because we wanted to be sure to be close to the beach. We were in the 700's (room #) which was so close to the beach and pool. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation and our room was wonderful, bed was comfortable and it was so clean. Upgrading meant that as soon as we arrived, we were escorted to the Platinum Lounge, received a welcome drink and an outline of the resort. The Lounge has premium drinks, two computers with free internet and two nights throughout our stay they had a sushi bar and another was a wine and cheese 'events' before we went to dinner.
For the size of this resort (100 acres) they move people quickly on three trolleys; the food was fabulous and we enjoyed the buffets far more than the A La Cartes and each of them were good in their own way. There are bungalows throughout and no more than two stories high - very nice. The nightly shows left something to be desired because the entertainers at the pool were often the entertainers at night. They did a great job but not high calibre if you want that. We went to the casino three times and once again they have a trolley just for this purpose and they take you there (just outside the Bavaro Princess gates) and bring you back.
The drinks on the beach/pool are watered down and sometimes you need to ask for 'booze' to be added. That has been our experience whenever you stay at a resort. My husband only drinks beer so he was happy. After my 'sun' day, I would go to the Platinum Lodge and get my Canadian Club with water and it was nice that they knew me and were welcoming.
Beach was fabulous and the water was quite rough so we parked ourselves mainly at the pool which was big and easy to get into for older folks and children.
You need to get up at the crack of dawn to get chairs at the pool and in the Platinum roped off beach area that we had access to. Many people placed their towels on chairs but weren't there all day which I found very inconsiderate. Someone there had a good tip - take a couple of old beach towels and put them on your chairs so that it is easy to identify in the sea of blue towels.
I would highly recommend this resort, you will not be disappointed. Thank you for reading my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana