“Bavaro Princess” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #38 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Blainville, Canada
“Bavaro Princess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were there from February 13 to the 20th and booked the Platinum package...we were there with another couple that also had a few issues... We have been to Punta many times. Our last trip was to the Hard Rock in Orctober 2012 and I have to admit that if the Bavaro Princess is a 5 star, Hard Rock is 8... not comparable... The facility is very nice and very clean. The rooms are small and very ordinary. In the Platinum section, you don't have any drawyers to unpact your bags.. not a big issue but in a 5 Star hotel, your would expect more.. Our first room was the 846... It was dirty and not cleaned properly. The miror in the bathroom had some red stains on it that almost looked like blood. floors we totally dirty..Shower drain was also blocked and I saw some big bugs on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night when I opened the lights. Not sure I want to know what they were... As we were not close from our friend's room who where staying in 713, we asked to change. They accepeted on the second day and we moved into 721. Totally difeerent. Same room but cleaner... The maid was smilly and was doing a great job keeping it clean.. The beds are very hard and not comfortable at all. I would rate the rooms 4 star maximum. My friends room was dirty and badly cleaned even wit hvery good tips. His TV did not work for 5 days and they only thing they could say was I'm sorry.....

Food is basically terrible at the a la carte restaurants. First night, we went to the seafood and I had one bit into a pretty bad seafood mix. second night was the Italian, the lasagna was ok but not great. Third, was the chineese restaurant and this was the worse...we then did the Japenese which was good. We then did a buffet which was the best of all. We also did Licey grastronomy which was just ok. Finally we did the steakhouse, I asked my filet well done and it was raw... The service was good or average in all the restaurant except for Chineese that was very bad.. it took us two and a half hours to eat diner... I would rate the restaurant a maximum of 2.5 if I compare to the Hard Rock and/or Paradisius.

Beach and facilty as mentioned before are just beautiful and clean. No serice on the beach except on exception basis and only in our Platinum section. We did not use the pool.. There is only one and on our first nigth coming out of the restaurant, we saw oil and grease floatting in it. It was disgusting... we never saw anybody clean the pool while we were there... so we used the beach only..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

4,720 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Wow, what a place not to be.... Food is not really that good, at all.... Beach is very nice, the sand and the sun, but beside that, there is nothing to be impress about that hotel....NEVER AGAIN I WILL GO THERE. The staff never say 'Hola', always running after them, when you need towels, or stuff in the room. We went to eat at buffet and a la carte, and if you don't want to starve, well bring you peanut butter jar... I am telling you, I will never go back there. We went to the steak house and we ask for the filet mignon WELLDONE, well it was all red, couldn't eat that and don't want to return it !!! that's for sure...Also, went to eat to chineese restaurant, took 2 hours long. The only thing that was good was the hamburger and fries....
On the internet, it says Wi-Fi internet, well not true, you need to go to Café Del Mare on the beach to get a signal, no signal elsewhere, neither in you room, no signal. We saw Geico in the room, we had to change room, couldn't sleep. The TV was not working and need to call to get it fix. After 5 days, still not working, the only thing they said is: I'm Sorry..... !!!! Do Not go there, I am telling you. This is why trip advisor exist, to let people express themselves after spending thousands of dollars to places, and to let people know to go or not to go to places.... If you go, you will regret.... We took platinum bracelet, and on the beach we didn't not have a private waiter, we needed to go get our drinks. The manager at the platinum hotel was never smiling. Anyway, to end my story, don't go there...... Thanks

Room Tip: Room in the 700....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I went there for 10 days.

- Great grounds, food, and animation and great beach !!!
**********Alot of problems with drugs, (police is there frequently)*********
- Be careful with the staff driving delivery trucks or Golf karts on pedestrians paths...They had an accident while we're there and they don't move out of the way for you.
- Do not buy anything from the boutique (Ask Daniel at the front desk and he will get whatever you need from the pharmacy down the street for half price. The boutique sells items at 3 times the regular price)
- If you have a problem, ask directly to speak with the general manager. (Fernando is a useless on duty manager. Only took 3 days for a remote control....petty stuff i know)
- Cleaning ladies are nice, but if you tip the gardeners you will have fresh coconut everyday.

Other than the drug problem at the resort and at the casino, the hotel is fine

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the 200 block. The incinator is located adjacent to those rooms and a strong sm...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Lake, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel was just perfect.
It was just like my own apartment. You have your own porch and if someone it on it they do not belong there.

My hotel room is just like my own apartment. If someone is on your porch they shouldn't be. I loved it. The grounds were just beautiful. Birds walking around, landscaping everything. The food was good and was not at all afriad to walk around. I would sit on my porch till 2:00 a.m just watching people come and go. From all over the world. A nice quiet place to relax and enjoy your stay. The best was my location of my room out the door threw the pool and on to the beach. Because I have been there before I no what bungalo number to ask for close to the beach. I could live there all year round. Will only go back to this resort. Of course I have't stayed anywhere else except the first time and you can chalk that up that hotel, I still favor this resort and won't chance anywhere else. Just hop the train car and your at your room, the lobby of the hotel or just walk it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were at this resort from 12-19 Feb 2013. Awesome place, beautiful grounds, staff is smiling, funny and at your service all the time. Our room was platinum, very close to the beach always cleaned early in the day with 2 services clean towel all week long during the night. We were welcome with glass of punch and smiling faces at the front desk, which started our vacation extremely well !
The food was good at the restaurant & buffet but sometimes service was long….(full house so understandable). The beach was superbe and the entertainement was great ! The staff was very funny ! They work very hard to please us and I always gave them tips to support them in their hard work ! I would recommend this resort anytime …...

Room Tip: We were in block 69 (platinum room) close to the beach and we litteraly enjoyed it. We were on the f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent 15 days at the Bavaro Princess in Puna Cana, DR Resort is like a garden - ALL of the employees not only are the friendliest, but the hardest workers. The units are large, most have been remodeled and the maid and maintenance service is great. Every call is answered in about 5 minutes total.

The beach is large and kept clean with several huts if you can't take the sun. The view is awesome. There are also two nice size pools. What a variety of food! The main buffet always offers a variety and the several restaurants have outstanding menus.

Whether you're on the beach, in a restaurant or lobby, there are always several asking if they can help you in anyway.

Needless to say this is the favorite of my family, since this is the 6th year in a row that we have been there. Hope to keep going back year after year!

Room Tip: All rooms are alike - trams run all the time - so whether you are at one end or the other you can ge...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Clinton, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed from Feb 11 to the 18th 2013 . This trip started as always with just a few of us then grew into 15 people, 8 of us booked the trip all with the Platinum upgrade 4 through cheap tikets and mine through Expedia, that was in July 2012. We all were looking forward to a great time..... 2 more of our friends booked in Dec. for the Platinum upgrade our other friends went through Apple. When we arrived they took the original 8 to Platinum club to check in the last two would not arrive till later that night, Margarita was quite rude to two of our friends saying that they were not in the Platinum area and they would have to go to the front desk, come to find out later that they were down graded to the honeymoon suite and even though they paid for the upgrade they couldn't even have the bracelet for the amenitys. This upset all of us. And don't waste your money on the lobster dinner we all got sick.. 2 days into our trip they tore the roof off the swim up bar, we were told it would be done in 2 days and was still not done when we left. Upon check out we were at the Platinum bar to check out and one of us were filling out a review, that paper was takien out of his hand and the rest of them were removed from the desk.
The only up side to this trip was the beach and a few of the staff Carlos and Freddy and all the Bartenders were fantastic.... oh yes and to top it all off when we were packing there was cockroach's in our bag.... GROSS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends