We were there from February 13 to the 20th and booked the Platinum package...we were there with another couple that also had a few issues... We have been to Punta many times. Our last trip was to the Hard Rock in Orctober 2012 and I have to admit that if the Bavaro Princess is a 5 star, Hard Rock is 8... not comparable... The facility is very nice and very clean. The rooms are small and very ordinary. In the Platinum section, you don't have any drawyers to unpact your bags.. not a big issue but in a 5 Star hotel, your would expect more.. Our first room was the 846... It was dirty and not cleaned properly. The miror in the bathroom had some red stains on it that almost looked like blood. floors we totally dirty..Shower drain was also blocked and I saw some big bugs on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night when I opened the lights. Not sure I want to know what they were... As we were not close from our friend's room who where staying in 713, we asked to change. They accepeted on the second day and we moved into 721. Totally difeerent. Same room but cleaner... The maid was smilly and was doing a great job keeping it clean.. The beds are very hard and not comfortable at all. I would rate the rooms 4 star maximum. My friends room was dirty and badly cleaned even wit hvery good tips. His TV did not work for 5 days and they only thing they could say was I'm sorry.....
Food is basically terrible at the a la carte restaurants. First night, we went to the seafood and I had one bit into a pretty bad seafood mix. second night was the Italian, the lasagna was ok but not great. Third, was the chineese restaurant and this was the worse...we then did the Japenese which was good. We then did a buffet which was the best of all. We also did Licey grastronomy which was just ok. Finally we did the steakhouse, I asked my filet well done and it was raw... The service was good or average in all the restaurant except for Chineese that was very bad.. it took us two and a half hours to eat diner... I would rate the restaurant a maximum of 2.5 if I compare to the Hard Rock and/or Paradisius.
Beach and facilty as mentioned before are just beautiful and clean. No serice on the beach except on exception basis and only in our Platinum section. We did not use the pool.. There is only one and on our first nigth coming out of the restaurant, we saw oil and grease floatting in it. It was disgusting... we never saw anybody clean the pool while we were there... so we used the beach only..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana