Let me first start by saying that I had to transfer from the Riu Bambu to the Bavaro Princess after a mold issue at the Riu. We took the recommendation of the Princess from some other travelers in the lobby (Thank you, Mary and Jeremy!)
After a very rough start to our vacation, we were blessed to have ended up at the Princess. The location, rooms, staff, and food were amazing. Definately a 5 star, which the Riu is also rated. However, there is no way that the Riu would be considered a 5 star in the United States. I don't even know if it would be a 3 star.
The beach at the Princess is awesome. Huts to hide out from the sun, a bar on the beach, staff taking drink orders, places for kids to play, and food that is easily accessible.
The food and drinks at the resort were also amazing. I loved not having to have reservations to eat at the specialty restaurants. Even better, we never had to wait once. The service was good, not great. They lacked at filing drinks, but I can over look that. Even the buffet was great. They had a salad bar, Italian bar, American (hotdogs and burgers), and a different ethnic cousine nightly. Plus, they had a crepe bar at every meal! The staff was friendly and remembered you when you walked in. My only complaint about the breakfast, the pancakes were never really hot. However, the omlets were fantastic! As were the crepes.
The rooms were also very nice. The smell was a little off, but what can you expect in a tropical location? They were clean and the maids left flowers and little animals made of the bedding daily. Each room is a suit that has its own hot tub, a nice walk in shower, and double sinks. Having a patio and own little sitting area is also a bonus.
We spent most of our time on the beach but the pools were also very nice. They had a pool up by the lobby that had its own bar and was never really populated. It was a nice place to go if you just wanted to relax and catch some sun. The main pool is large with lots of seating. We never had a problem finding a place to sit. The beach was very clean with plenty of chairs. You could sit in the sun or under your own little hut with a table. Very relaxing.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel. We had an amazing time and were extremely happy with the change from the Riu Bambu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Odigeo and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana