“Nice if you spend all day at the beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #38 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Brampton, Canada
“Nice if you spend all day at the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I want to start out by saying that the service was excellent at this resort. I could not ask for better. Dancia at reception, Anna at the Platinum Club and Yohan the delivery guy were very notable and provided service above and beyond what was expected of them.

The moment we got there we decided to upgrade to the Platinum Club right away as the room we were first assigned to seemed old and smelled very damp. Our new room was perfect as well it should be since it cost over $600 for the upgrade.

I would not stay here again for the following reasons: the food was bland (I liked the Chopin Restaurant the best though). No face cloths in the bathroom. We asked for and received a face cloth on the 3rd day we were there but did not receive any more after that. How weird is that? The place is too big. You have to take a bus/train to go from one end to the other. I thought the entertainment was lacking compared to other places. We had to travel through a "sketchy" area to get to the resort. I would not want to wander outside the resort.

Again the service was excellent and the Platinum Club I would recommend.

Room Tip: Unless you want to upgrade to the Platinum Club, I would avoid going there.

4,741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Polish first
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was one of our best vacations ever. The Bavaro Princess is a beautiful resort. We loved that the 2-story buildings each have eight units, and are placed along curved paths and roads in such a way that every unit has a lovely view. Because the resort has been around for a while, the landscaping is lush and beautiful in every area. The free-formed pool is so large that it was easy to find chaises by the pool, and there are several zero-entry areas, making it easy to go in and out of the pool. The beach is incredible with beautiful Caribbean blue water, clean sand (no coral or shells), and great waves for boogie boarding.

The Princess Bavaro employs an “Apple Concierge”, Carlos Felix, who is there strictly to assist Apple vacationers. We were starting to wonder if they had placed a micro-chip in our wrist bands because every day Carlos would find us to chat and ask if there was anything he could do to make our stay more enjoyable. His assistance made us feel very special all week. We also received calls from Customer Relations during the week asking us if we had any problems or requests. We have never stayed at a hotel that was so focused on customer satisfaction. I can’t say enough about them.

The resort no longer takes dinner reservations. Instead, they give each couple a card with all six restaurants on it … you go to any or all of them, and your cards are marked. We never saw lines at any of the restaurants, so it seems that system works well.

A few more observations …

We didn’t go to every show, but thoroughly enjoyed the ones we did see. They have a really good show band and three singers (2 gals and 1 guy) who were unbelievably good. They played several nights before and after the shows for dancing, and they performed in at least three or four shows. They were the best entertainers we’ve seen of all the resorts we’ve been to. Our only complaint -- hearing all the introductions and announcements at the shows in four languages got to be really tiresome, even though we understood the necessity for it.

The restaurants were beautifully decorated, and the food was sometimes excellent/sometimes just good, but we always found something to eat. One meal we were pleasantly surprised by was the Russian Buffet at the main buffet restaurant. We tried some unusual foods that we never heard of and thoroughly enjoyed them. We also were impressed with the presentation of the foods in the a la carte restaurants. The burgers and fries at McPrincess (on the beach) were excellent -- be sure to try them. The staff at all the restaurants was always friendly and did their best in spite of a few language barriers on occasion.

This resort has the most varied assortment of guests we’ve ever encountered. There were people from France, Russia, Canada, Germany, Poland, Japan and many others besides the U.S.

We loved the Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana and recommend it highly. We commend them for their concerns with customer satisfaction, and the fact that they have an excellent employee dedicated to keeping Apple vacationers happy. Carlos made us feel very special, and we’ll always have wonderful memories of this vacation.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to a tram stop, preferably by stops before the beach so trams won't be s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
york, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just returned from a week's stay with my younger brother, Jimmy. The grounds are beautiful allowing for leisurely strolls or jogging around the enormous property. The tram provides transportation with numerous stops to all restaurants, pools, and rooms. Only a minute or two from our room, the tram stop provided access to all areas. The huge buffet in the lobby was nice for lunch and dinner and I'd definitely recommend it over the Chopin buffet which was rather small with not nearly as much variety. However, the boat which glides up throughout the night with a pianist aboard is rather charming. The room was gorgeous but the floors very slippery when wet after showering, so be sure to watch your step. Check your refrigerator daily, as each time our water was replenished, the door to the refrigerator was ajar! This happened at least three of our eight days! The most negative experience was NO HOTWATER FROM ABOUT 10A.M. TILL 4:30 P.M. on 1/26/13. This is apparantly an ongoing problem (read another comment prior to our stay) but not if you are in the platinum section. We were in room 147, so beware of that area! The beach and pool areas are beautiful. The shows were lots of fun. 80s night and The Lion King were fabulous. I'll definitely return, but probably in a section with 24/7 hot water:)

Room Tip: First floor would be more convenient if doing two flights of steps is a probem. Ask for a building...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We traveled to Punta Cana with our neighbors (who travel often) last week. Our experience at the Bavaro Princess Resort was excellent. The food was some of the best we've ever had at an all inclusive resort (although I would not pay extra for Nicey). The staff was also great, Raphy, a bartender at the pool bar, was awesome. Raphy was friendly, attentive and really kept the scene lively. We also had a great time with the Animation staff, Karen, Juan Carlos, Michel, Robert, Happy Face, Alex and Jordan. They put on some great entertainment at the pool each day and the lobby theatre each evening. They also put on a beach party one evening that was a blast. The Animation staff interacted with us regularly and were a pleasure to be around.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Id like to begin by stating that I travel for a living and I am paid to stay in all inclusive resorts, so I know what to expect when traveling around the Caribbean. The resort itself was beautiful (although very large... Dealing with issues at the front desk took up A LOT of time when going back and forth from our room). The food was good (the a la carts were great for variety and the food varied from delicious to decent - its all about sticking to fresh sea food and not trying to force American cuisine).

We did however have 2 issues which wasted a disappointing amount of time, and were barely resolved by the folks at the reception.

The first issue was regarding our room. It took 3 nights to recieve adequate sleeping arrangements (3 adults were stuck sleeping on 2 single beds pushed together for the first night). it's a long and frustrating story, but on the third day when we were finally given the sleeping arrangements we were supposed to have, the manager told us that the inconvenience wasn't great enough to recieve any compensation (might I add that we were only saying for 7 days so this was the halfway point for our stay as we left on the 7th day). Our vacation representative from Sunwing tried giving her suggestions (massages, dinner at the paid restaurant, etc) and she refused every possible solution. As someone who has worked in customer service for much of my professional career I know that the most important part of problem solving is taking a negative situation and turning it into a positive one. Also, diffusing bad situations is pivotal, however the manager only managed to escalate the situation until I had to walk away unsatisfied and more frustrated than before I even got there.

The 2nd situation is very serious and occurred on one of our last days. I will not go into detail as it is a personal issue and we did report a formal complaint with the resort, but one of the girls traveling with us was sexually assaulted by a security guard in the early morning. When we phoned the front desk immediately after, we were advised to GO FIND THE SECURITY GUARD TO SEE HIS NAMETAG as they couldn't do anything without this. You can imagine my disbelief when I heard this. go find the attacker? Who wasnt even wearing a nametag... We told the gentleman at the front desk that we would come speak with him in person and upon our arrival, he hid behind the counter and made us wait fifteen minutes before he even showed his face. When we told him the situation he LAUGHED at us and didn't believe us! It wasn't until another employee overheard the story that anything was taken seriously. We still don't know what happened regarding this situation or if that security guard is still employed. We did end up identifying him for the record.

The only redeeming quality of the resort was a gentleman named Fernando at guest services. Although we seeked him out after our first room incident to vent, he was the only human with a sense of customer service. Although he didn't have pull to do too much, he called us everyday to see how we were and he would meet us at our dinner reservations to check in. He alone is the only saving grace for this resort. He was the only person to apologize to us that entire week. Sometimes that's all you need to hear. Although the apology should have come from the reception and also from the manager at the initial point of concern, it was better late than never. Fernando is what is allowing me to rate the resort 2 stars. 2 stars are for him. I did have ants all over one of my rooms but I know that this isn't uncommon down south.

All in all, the management was HORRIFIC but the service at the restaurants and with Fernando was excellent. Food was great - compared to Cuban resorts especially. The beach was nice and the resort grounds were lush. The pushers of products, jewelry, tobacco, and excursions were annoying but that doesn't bother everybody. It is a mission to get to and from the reception/main buffet and the pool/beach/suites. It's a real shame that we had two situations that were dealt with in a terrible fashion.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a great time definitely! Service was good but a bit slow. Beautiful beach was our favorite place to spend our time. They have also SPA, Gym and tennis court. I used to jog every day and 2 treadmills in the gym were not impressive. One has stupid 30 min time limitation and the second has a slipping belt. The territory is really big and they have a bus going by loop around the hotel. But sometimes you have to wait 10-20 mins for it. But actually you can walk from one end to another in 15 minutes.

About food (it is very important for me and my wife): The hotel has 6 restaurants for dinner with all food included except good wines, 2 restaurants (Licey and Cafe Del Mar) is only for money and 1 restaurant-bouffet. I can say that the best food is in the last one (El Pescador)!!!

Alcohol: included wine was not good (from Chili). I believe that house wine in any european village is much better. I even though that it was mixed with Rum at first time I tasted it. But you can always buy a good one for dinner in the restaurants. Rum is the really good there. There is a nice place on the beach where you can order any cocktail you want.

To be honest all issues we met (treadmill, bad wine, broken phone in the room, late laundry, big bus intervals) were negligible!!! We really enjoyed our trip and vacation in Dominicana!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I just came back from this resort where i spent a week with my family. What a fantastic resort. Yes it is very large but it does not feel that way. My wife and i would always walk instead of taking the trolley to the buffet, the grounds are so well kept and very beautiful. Our room was in building 82 beside the Platinum lounge(close to the beach). I highly recommend going Platinum.

When we showed up to the hotel we were put in a golf cart and taken directly to the Platinum lounge, no lines, no waiting, they took the luggage directly to our room. We were on the beach within a half hour of getting there. The Platinum package has rooms closest to the beach and pool. It also allows you to book any restaurant at anytime, Platinum area beach where there is a private bar for these guests and a change of towels anytime you need.

The beach is one of the best, you can walk for miles in either direction. It was a little windy but it was much needed because of the temperatures. If you have small children becareful of the ocean, it is a bit difficult to swim but not impossible once you get past the first few rounds of waves. The pool is very beautiful for a quick dip after the ocean, the swim up bar is always a little rowdy but that is to be expected.

Our accomodations was the best i have ever had at a resort in the carribean. With my wife and 2 girls 12 and 15 we had plenty of space. There was a king bed 2 steps up in the middle of the room and 2 single beds ,one to the left and one to the right, still we also had a table with 2 chairs and a couch with a coffee table also and still plenty of room. The bathroom has 2 sinks and a seperate toilet and shower area.

The only thing i would say is that the food is ok to good. Nothing spectactular but not really bad either. They had themed nights at the buffet. One tip i would say if your booked Platinum , you get to eat at the Licey restaurant which is included with your package but we took at tip from a staff member and he told us to try Cava restaurant 2 resorts down at the Tropical princess. It is a quaint little room all in brick with wine cellar and the atmosphere was just great and so was the food.

I would recommend this resort to anyone and go Platinum, well worth it.

Room Tip: Platinum gets you closer to the beach and pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family