This was one of our best vacations ever. The Bavaro Princess is a beautiful resort. We loved that the 2-story buildings each have eight units, and are placed along curved paths and roads in such a way that every unit has a lovely view. Because the resort has been around for a while, the landscaping is lush and beautiful in every area. The free-formed pool is so large that it was easy to find chaises by the pool, and there are several zero-entry areas, making it easy to go in and out of the pool. The beach is incredible with beautiful Caribbean blue water, clean sand (no coral or shells), and great waves for boogie boarding.
The Princess Bavaro employs an “Apple Concierge”, Carlos Felix, who is there strictly to assist Apple vacationers. We were starting to wonder if they had placed a micro-chip in our wrist bands because every day Carlos would find us to chat and ask if there was anything he could do to make our stay more enjoyable. His assistance made us feel very special all week. We also received calls from Customer Relations during the week asking us if we had any problems or requests. We have never stayed at a hotel that was so focused on customer satisfaction. I can’t say enough about them.
The resort no longer takes dinner reservations. Instead, they give each couple a card with all six restaurants on it … you go to any or all of them, and your cards are marked. We never saw lines at any of the restaurants, so it seems that system works well.
A few more observations …
We didn’t go to every show, but thoroughly enjoyed the ones we did see. They have a really good show band and three singers (2 gals and 1 guy) who were unbelievably good. They played several nights before and after the shows for dancing, and they performed in at least three or four shows. They were the best entertainers we’ve seen of all the resorts we’ve been to. Our only complaint -- hearing all the introductions and announcements at the shows in four languages got to be really tiresome, even though we understood the necessity for it.
The restaurants were beautifully decorated, and the food was sometimes excellent/sometimes just good, but we always found something to eat. One meal we were pleasantly surprised by was the Russian Buffet at the main buffet restaurant. We tried some unusual foods that we never heard of and thoroughly enjoyed them. We also were impressed with the presentation of the foods in the a la carte restaurants. The burgers and fries at McPrincess (on the beach) were excellent -- be sure to try them. The staff at all the restaurants was always friendly and did their best in spite of a few language barriers on occasion.
This resort has the most varied assortment of guests we’ve ever encountered. There were people from France, Russia, Canada, Germany, Poland, Japan and many others besides the U.S.
We loved the Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana and recommend it highly. We commend them for their concerns with customer satisfaction, and the fact that they have an excellent employee dedicated to keeping Apple vacationers happy. Carlos made us feel very special, and we’ll always have wonderful memories of this vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana