“Great hotel.... once again !!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino

Save Saved
You added Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Italia, Playas de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #36 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Paris, France
“Great hotel.... once again !!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We just come back after a 2 weeks stay at the Bavaro Princess….
This was our third stay in that hotel and we always enjoyed all moments we spent there !!
The restaurants were recently renovated and they are all beautiful, the rooms, the pool and the beach are still amazing.
The new year’s day celebration was GREAT !!
We stayed in the room 412 (ideally located to go everywhere easily and 20 meters from the little train station).
Our 2 kids had great fun at the Mini Club, managed by dynamic staff, always trying to find new ideas to entertain kids….
Special congratulations to ALEXANDRA (in charge of the Mini Club) for everything she does for all kids…

We will definitely go back again shortly…. thanks to all !!!

Room Tip: Block 41 is ideally located in the resort (room 412)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (802)
  • Polish first
Freedom, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Wonderful vacation thanks to our host from Apple vacations. Carlos went above and beyond when we needed anything. Thanks Carlos. I would recommend this resort to friends and may return to it someday. It was clean, beautiful and overall relaxing good time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Renfrew, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

It was our first time in Punta Cana and our first stay at the Bavaro Princess. I was worried at first because of the reviews I had read but we went with an open mind. It was a smooth check-in with Carlos at the desk. We had clean rooms everyday, as well as our mini fridges were restocked everyday. Platinum is how we went and I would recommend it. We received Platinum bracelets upon check-in, complimentary dinner at Licey restaurant (food and service was excellent) for the four of us. We got one complimentary 20 minute massages but we didn't use them. I loved the Platinum Lounge area, staff was excellent and we booked our a la carte reservations with them. They were friendly and spoke English very well. Beach area was beautiful, lots of beds in the Platinum Beach area. You do get bothered by the vendors walking back and forth on the beach but a "No, Gracias" is all it took and we weren't bothered by them anymore. We booked our 3 excursions through our Sunwing Reps: Tony and Richard. These guys were amazing to deal with, easy to talk too, very informative and would answer any question that you had. I was very impressed with them because they were at the resort like they said they would be. You had no trouble finding them. We never got sick from the food and we enjoyed the main buffet but the Seafood restaurant was a disappointment (El Pescador) wouldn't recommend it. Poor service after the first half hour or so. They were friendly at first but forgot about our table once we got our main course over with. We didn't get our desserts after waiting quite awhile so we ended up leaving. Food was okay but we felt we were ignored after awhile. That was the only real negative thing about our week long stay. We never drank the tap water and stuck with bottled water the whole time. The resort was beautiful, clean and well maintained. They have peacocks and other birds throughout the resort. One morning my son's room 702 didn't have any hot water for his shower but the rest of the week wasn't a problem. If you leave anything out that is sweet, you do get tiny little ants but it wasn't a big problem. Firm mattresses to sleep on but that wasn't an issue with us either. We didn't have to wait too long for the trolley to come by to take us to the main lobby. They could be crowded at times but again we didn't sweat the small stuff. We were there to relax and have a good time. That is exactly what we did. The lobby was clean and spacious, we enjoyed the parrots, turtles and other birds that were located there. Staff was never rude to use and a lot of them spoke very good English. I had brought with me a Spanish phrase book just in case. I would recommend this resort to anyone and I would go back in a heart beat if I could. I travelled with my two teenage sons and there friend, aged 19,17 and 18. They spent a lot of time in the ocean and the two pools. For our excursions, we did the dune buggies, Saona Island tour and swam with a Dolphin named "Juancho" at Dolphin Island. We booked our excursions through our Sunwing Reps.The boys enjoyed getting muddy and dirty on the dune buggies, me not so much. There were too many vendors on the dune buggie tour at every stop we made, they were like vultures circling around us. Saona Island is beautiful and we had a wonderful buffet lunch on the beach there, great area for swimming too. It is an all day trip and we were tired at the end of the day but it was nice. The highlight for me was Dolphin Island. This I would do again in a heartbeat, they don't video tape it, but they take pictures that they put on a disk for you if you want to buy it. It is expensive excursion but it was worth every penny. We would love to go back in a couple of years if we could to the Bavaro Princess. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Room Tip: Go Platinum pkg if you can. Had rooms 702 and 803 both were great rooms. Room 803 was a balcony suit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

First of all if you are going to go to this resort pay the extra and stay at the platinum club. We did this the two times we stayed at this resort. We have been to the DR 4 times and this is the best of all the princess resorts. If you value having your room close to the beach, a la carte every night, siestas on a beach bed in the middle of the afternoon and premium liquor, then going platinum is worth it. With the platinum club you have a separate check in and check out, in the platinum lounge. The lounge is a great open aired place to chill out after dinner with a nice drambuie. The coffee machine makes the best cappuccino with hot chocolate in the world. The staff is friendly. I was certainly impressed on how quick they were to fix anything that was broken or respond to my needs. When ever we travel we always pack our sense of humour. We do not expect anything but to relax and have fun and roll with whatever comes our way.
The food was good. We ate at a different restaurant every night. Again you can't really expect their Japanese or Chinese food to be what you are used to. It will some version of it. For instance won ton soup, miso soup, italian wedding soup were all the same thing but with minor substitutions, it all tasted like beef broth. . Argentinian chiorizo and sausage where basic hot dogs. We found it humorous rather than disappointing. I tended to order things I knew they would do cook well like, sea bass, snapper, grouper, steak ... If you love fish you will love the seafood. excellent paella! The fillet minion at el goucho was awesome as well. The chicken served at the beach restaurant during lunch was very tasty. the mojitos were very good.
The only excursion we took was the Saona Island trip. It was fun to take the speed boat and a catamaran, and swim with star fish. The beach itself was just as wavy as the resort. i thought it would be more calm. The sand beneath our feet was filled with shells, so not so tender on our tootsies as the beach at our resort. The BBQ lunch was tasty...once again I ate the fish... Awesome!!!! If you go on this excursion expect to be on a bus there and back for more than an hour and a half.
I would recommend this resort. Thank you to Juan,Freddy, Margarita, Sarah, and Anna, the crew at the platinum club. A special shout out to Niorca... She is the lady that does all the fresh juices at the breakfast buffet. . She remembered us from the last trip and gave us special smoothies. Remember people are friendlier when we act friendly towards them. We are so lucky to live in a country that has so much, travelling always reminds me of how good we have it.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Bavaro Princess is a stellar resort. Beautiful grounds, very well maintained, and considering how many people traffic through there daily, extremely clean. Yes, it is a massive property so if you’re looking for cute and quaint, this isn’t the place. Free-roaming birds, peacocks, bunnies and other assorted creatures give it a nice touch. The ecological area was a quiet tropical setting but there wasn’t much to see. The lobby is one of the most beautiful open-air buildings anywhere, and HUGE so no matter how many people lingering about, it never feels crowded.

I’ll break down my review by category.

Rooms: You will not find ocean view rooms at this resort. All the suites are in 2-story bungalow/villa style buildings dotted around the resort. Each bungalow/villa holds 4 rooms and there are 80+ bungalows. This style allows each room to be significantly larger than your standard hotel room. The privacy and peacefulness is excellent, and you can sit on your private balcony and not see a single soul depending on where your villa is located. The cleanliness of the rooms is excellent. Those having issues with stained grout or chips on the décor need a serious reality check – you are in a dirt poor country, leave your Westernized expectations at home. The air con runs on a motion sensor so when you leave the room, it turns to “heat” but don’t worry, it’s not really heating. The thermostat is adjustable but seems to settle at about 22 degrees no matter what you set it too. Nights can be cool, just ask for extra blankets. We were upgraded to a platinum room, within walking distance to the beach which was a sweet deal. There are “standard” rooms over by the lobby area, but I didn’t actually see this area occupied. Download a resort map before you go so you get the lay of the land.

Food: People going the all-inclusive route need to remember than you can’t expect the quality of food to be the same when their kitchens are feeding thousands of guests a day. In the buffets, the variety of food was average, and often repetitive, but you will always find something to eat. They are trying to please many different cultures, so what looks disgusting to you, is appealing to someone else. The 2 breakfast/lunch buffets have similar offerings but La Hispaniola is larger and has the crepe station, donut station and pasta station. It has a different theme every dinner. El Gaucho lunch buffet usually has a seafood station outside on the patio, one day serving paella which was good. The a-la-carte restaurants on the other hand, were above average, with good selection and very tasty meals (if a little more salty than I’m used to.) The Bella Pasta and El Gaucho Steakhouse in particular rival many of the restaurants we have at home. The El Pescador and Chopin didn’t appeal to me as much, but were still enjoyable. If you go hungry here, it’s your own darn fault. Keep in mind that whatever times they give for service in the restaurants is not necessarily followed. They open and close when they are good and ready, not by what the clock says.

Staff: Some more friendly than others, and service at the restaurants in particular can be spotty, but no more different than anywhere else. A smile and learning basic Spanish goes a long way. Basically you reap what you sow. If you are nice to them, they return back in spades. My biggest problem was with how rude some of the guests were. This is deplorable. Why people think they are more special than everyone else is a mystery not to be solved anytime soon. These staff work some long hours, I wouldn’t put up with half the crap these poor, hardworking people have to put up with. Many staff speak English, French and Spanish. Others only Spanish. You are in THEIR country, learn some basic Spanish for gawd's sake! Respect goes a LONG WAY, didn't your momma teach you any manners?

Beach: Very wide and one of the most beautiful in the Bavaro area. Sand is super fine, no rocks or anything to step on in the ocean. The occasional weed is brought in by the surf. The surf is quite large in this area, great for wave jumping but no leisurely swimming here. Not really suitable for small kids either, which might explain why most were at the pool. Every morning a group of workers diligently clean the beach. Lots of shade, and beach chairs available. Beach vendors can be annoying at times but this is a fact anywhere in the Caribbean. They have mouths to feed too. Cut them some slack. If you ignore them, they leave you alone. Over at the Paradisus there was considerably more seaweed in the water.

Pool: The main pool by the beach is where the action is at. It is plenty large and sometimes finding chairs or shade can be an issue. The water is reasonably clean and swim up bar is always bustling. There is lots of activity here. The smaller pool by the lobby is the place to go for more R&R.

Activation Staff: These guys and girls are the busiest of the bunch and put up with a lot of annoying drunken idiots being completely inappropriate and impeding on their turf. Just let them do their jobs, will ya? You can be as little or as much involved in the activities as you like, but they are always entertaining. Until about 3 pm, they are busy organizing activities by the beach, afterward they move to the main pool area. Yes, the music can be loud sometimes but if there wasn’t any music, guests would be complaining how dull it was.

Entertainment: There was a live show every night about 9:30. Prior to this, not a lot going on. Some of the shows were good, some cheesy. Some never existed, like the beach party that wasn’t. All day they announced a beach party at 9 pm, but it never happened. There is a disco offsite and a casino, but otherwise not much in the way of nightlife.

Bars: Everywhere. Serving any drink imaginable. Bottled water readily available, you just have to ask. The beach bar has a self-serve water area, but you will need to ask for ice. Remember that all water coming from the bars or restaurants are safe to drink. Do not drink the tap water. Use the bottled water in the mini bar to brush your teeth. They do replenish, but just get more bottled water at the bars before heading to your room if you think you might run out. They also do provide 2 each of beer, sprite and coke in the mini-bar.

Internet: There is a “café” of sorts which has a few PCs. WiFi was a rip off at $15/day, which can only be accessed in the lobby area – very iffy, and easy to lose a connection. If you wanted to buy minutes, you have to use their own PCs, but may not have what you need, ie) Skype. If you plan on doing any major surfing, upgrade to platinum and you get unlimited WiFi, including in their private lounge area. I was told there were WiFi hot spots outside the resort but never confirmed this. A note on the phones, any call you make from your room gets a $2 USD "connection" fee including the actual cost of the call. I found this out the hard way.

Overall, a fantastic trip. This is a 4 to 4.5 star resort with one of the best beaches in the world. Go here if you want to leave your worries at home and enjoy the warm ocean and tropical breezes with cold bevie in hand. Would recommend to anyone and the only reason I wouldn’t go back is because I’d rather try something different than return to the same place twice. Enjoy, and don’t sweat the small stuff!

Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Bavaro Princess was a great vacation! My husband and I went with my sister-in-law and her husband for 7 days (Dec. 30-Jan.6, 2013). The weather was beautiful the whole time and we had 7 days of sun and fun! The hotel rooms were good, clean, and comfortable. All the hotel staff were friendly and tried to speak english with us. There were several different options for restaurants, but the food was okay. The resort had a lot of activities daily for entertainment and the beach was beautiful! We were there for the New Years Eve party and it was fabulous, well done Bavaro Resort! The best part of our trip was the help and guidance we received from our Apple Vacations Rep Carlos Felix. He was always available and made sure we had everything we needed and were enjoying ourselves. He is very friendly, caring, and speaks english very well! I would consider this resort midgrade and the food could be better, but we had a great time and I would definitely go back. Next time I want to go to a little bit fancier resort. Great memories were made at the Bavaro Princess!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BUTTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have been to many Dominican resorts...and when we set our goals to 5 star well we have been given a 5 star...we pay for it...we should receive it! Not at all in this resort. Service is not good all around....food was the worse I have ever had at any resort....the room had no hot water at times....we tried every night to fill the Jacuzzi..not a drop of hot water what so ever. I can go on but why bother...its a 3 star! we went with another couple for New years....we had fun with our friends...and made the best of it. Our friends picked this resort as we also read reviews and also thought wow great reviews..we were all let down at this resort.. oh well now we know and we wont stay there again.The Beache Is Beautiful!!! never a disappointment there!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends